[1.3] [KV] Impassable Map Maker [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, March 28, 2017, 02:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

You're awesome Proxyer  ;D

I'll get it merged tommorrow

rawrfisher

Error in GenStep: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ImpassableMapMaker.Patch_GenStep_Terrain.DetermineQuary (System.Random,Verse.Map,ImpassableMapMaker.TerrainOverride) <IL 0x00050, 0x00131>
at ImpassableMapMaker.Patch_GenStep_Terrain.Postfix (Verse.Map) <IL 0x00080, 0x00223>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.GenStep_ElevationFertility.Generate_Patch1 (object,Verse.Map,Verse.GenStepParams) <IL 0x003ff, 0x00ef5>
at Verse.MapGenerator.GenerateContentsIntoMap (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.GenStepWithParams>,Verse.Map,int) [0x000e3] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\MapGen\MapGenerator.cs:179

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.MapGenerator:GenerateContentsIntoMap(IEnumerable`1, Map, Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\MapGen\MapGenerator.cs:183)
Verse.MapGenerator:GenerateMap(IntVec3, MapParent, MapGeneratorDef, IEnumerable`1, Action`1) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\MapGen\MapGenerator.cs:126)
Verse.GetOrGenerateMapUtility:GetOrGenerateMap(Int32, IntVec3, WorldObjectDef) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\GetOrGenerateMapUtility.cs:43)
RimWorld.Planet.<Settle>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\WorldObject\Caravan\Settle\SettleInEmptyTileUtility.cs:34)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:455)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:367)

I get this error using the 1.0 version of the mod when trying to generate a map

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Kiame

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 04, 2018, 07:11:35 PM
Error in GenStep: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I get this error using the 1.0 version of the mod when trying to generate a map

Uploaded the fix  :)
https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-impassablemapmaker/releases/download/1.0/ImpassableMapMaker.zip

Godrow

There seems to be an issue with generating factions

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kiame

Quote from: Godrow on July 10, 2018, 09:15:39 PM
There seems to be an issue with generating factions

Working on my side. This is a direct method call and in the 1.0 version of RimWorld it exists. This leads me to think you're running RimWorld B18 (current stable version) and 1.0 version of this mod. In the Mods page if this mod is red (or any color other than white) it's the wrong version.

B18 version:
Steam
Direct Download

The 'release' version of the game is currently being worked on and is called [1.0] for mods. Most people should not play with this version as there are nearly daily changes that will break saves. Until RimWorld is officially released, stick with the B18 version of the game and use mods specifying B18.

Canute

Kiame,
sorry look at the pic (Rimworld 1.0.1945 rev849).

Kiame

heh first message in the log. And no other mods running?

Godrow

Quote from: Kiame on July 11, 2018, 09:26:04 AM
Nope, there are others installed but I tested it with and without them running and ran into the same issue

Kiame

Thanks. I'm going to try again tonight. I'm wondering if my version of RimWorld 1.0 didnt get the newest patch or something when i tested.

Kiame

Quote from: Godrow on July 11, 2018, 06:31:02 PM
Quote from: Kiame on July 11, 2018, 09:26:04 AM
Nope, there are others installed but I tested it with and without them running and ran into the same issue

The current 1.0 unstable release is 1.0.1961 rev1252. Your version is 1.0.1945 rev691
I remember i had to change a few method calls recently and your RW version is older. I'd recommend getting the lastest RW version and the newest version of this mod's 1.0 and try again as this is working on 1.0.1961 rev1252

Very_Svensk

Any way you can fill out the edges? It looks odd that it is a box of rock with sides you can go around

Kiame

Quote from: Very_Svensk on July 12, 2018, 01:01:46 AM
Any way you can fill out the edges? It looks odd that it is a box of rock with sides you can go around

The game assumes the edges are available. Too many problems pop up if they're filled in.

There are many mod options available to customize the mountain/map and there are settings to allow the edges to be largely covered. Specifically 'Edge Buffer'. Setting it to 3 will make it a much more closed map and can be prone to throw errors when the storyteller can't launch an event (doesn't cause the game to crash or anything, just no event will happen in those cases)

Kiame

1.0 Update: Added a new Mod Setting that allows for either a Square (default) or Round open middle area

Proxyer

Update cheers for good work!
I also updated the Japanese translation from GitHub. I sent a pull request, so please confirm and merge. Thank you.

Kiame

Thanks Proxyer!

Update: Japanese translation has been updated with the new settings.