[A16][WIP] Tribal Items (Joy, Beds, Art, etc.)

Started by Rimrue, April 22, 2017, 03:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimrue

Quote from: Tammabanana on April 29, 2017, 10:46:45 AM
Quote from: Rimrue on April 25, 2017, 12:40:12 AM
Just added another tribal mod. Totems, check. Baskets, check.  8)

Still trying to figure out how to mod the dll files to create the hoop and arrows and storytelling spots. I downloaded Visual Studio, but can't seem to open the files.  :-\ If anyone wants to help, please let me know!

Thanks!

I don't know how to do any C# or Visual Studios! But a lot of RW modders use Zhentar's fork of ILSpy to peek into the Rimworld code, and I am pretty sure it works on Rimworld mods as well.

https://github.com/Zhentar/ILSpy/releases

(I think)

Thanks! I figured out how to get into them and found the files that need tweaking. Just have no idea how to create a dll now. Lol

Thanks!

Tammabanana

Quote from: Rimrue on April 29, 2017, 12:49:28 PM
Thanks! I figured out how to get into them and found the files that need tweaking. Just have no idea how to create a dll now. Lol

Thanks!

Maybe some info here?

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Tutorials

I think... Merthsoft? made a video tutorial on the topic? I'll see if I can find it. I mean, I didn't fully understand it, so it might not be the thing relevant to what you're doing, but I remember it was like Visual Studio finding a thing to tweak, tweaking it, and then compiling it or something?

Edit to add: Might be the youtube in this thread? https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26784.msg270989#msg270989
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Rimrue

Ooooh! Thanks, I should've thought to check the wiki. Lol I'll dig into that. The code I want to create is pretty simple, so I should be able to figure it out soon. :)

BTW, since I'm asking, can someone help me figure out how to get graphics to randomize? I'd like to include more totems without creating a recipe for each one.

Thanks!

Tammabanana

Quote from: Rimrue on April 30, 2017, 07:12:01 PM
BTW, since I'm asking, can someone help me figure out how to get graphics to randomize? I'd like to include more totems without creating a recipe for each one.

Thanks!

I can, a little!

Core Art files: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2325.msg295603#msg295603

Download the file from Skully's link. Those are most of the artz for Rimworld. There's a naming convention for randomized ones; look at the Sculptureblahblahblah files for an example. They're basically all named the same thing, except with an A or B or C suffix.

In the Core Mod: Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Art.xml

Have a look at the Sculpture buildings. It's this part that randomizes the graphics:

<graphicData>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Random</graphicClass>
      <texPath>Things/Building/Art/SculptureSmall</texPath>
    </graphicData>

It's entirely possible that I'm missing some other necessary aspect, because I haven't ever tried this myself - but that's a start. And anything I'm missing ought to also be somewhere in the Sculpture examples. I think!
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Rimrue

Thanks! I thought I had copied the naming conventions properly, but maybe not.

Guess I will just have to keep fiddling until I figure it out. Lol

Shinzy

Ooh! Tamma is half-right!
the name on the texture doesn't matter however. When you randomize something the path you specify for the graphic refers to an entire folder

so in the case of the sculpture
<texPath>Things/Building/Art/SculptureSmall</texPath>
the SculptureSmall is the name of the folder where all the random textures are held

I believe you'll be unable to use rotatable objects or things that use masks when using randomised graphic class (although I could be wrong in this)
Edit: incase I don't make any sense, just ax me to rephrase everything

Rimrue

Thanks! That makes total sense. I will give that a go. Yay. More totems. Lol

Tammabanana

Rimrue

I figured it out! I had forgotten to delete the single image files from the folder so the game was finding them and throwing an error. But the random graphics work now! Yay!

Thanks!

Rimrue

New tailoring spot and researching spot added. Plus hats! And more totems! :)

Rimrue

Added woven cloaks now to Tribal Production. :)

There was a problem with old graphics throwing errors on the Steam version. Can anyone let me know if this is still a problem?

Thanks!

AngleWyrm

Grats on chasing down that bug. It's fun when you finally catch them, isn't it?

A suggestion for the first post:
Group all the download links together in one spot
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Rimrue

Not sure if fun is the right word, but definitely a relief. Lol

I can move the links to the bottom of the post if that makes it easier. :)

Thanks!