[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love

A couple warnings being thrown on startup from HugsLib, probably no big deal.

[HugsLib][warn] Missing enum setting labels for enum SimpleSidearms.Globals+Preset
Verse.Log:Warning(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:36)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Warning(String, Object[])
HugsLib.Settings.ModSettingsPack:GetHandle(String, String, String, Preset, ValueIsValid, String)
SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms:DefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:439)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__851() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:353)

[HugsLib][warn] Missing enum setting labels for enum SimpleSidearms.hugsLibSettings.SettingsUIs+WeaponListKind
Verse.Log:Warning(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:36)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Warning(String, Object[])
HugsLib.Settings.ModSettingsPack:GetHandle(String, String, String, WeaponListKind, ValueIsValid, String)
SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms:DefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:439)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__851() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:353)

47a

quick question on this mod, will colonists automatically seek out and equip sidearms (or primaries for that matter?) or does it need to be manually equipped

PeteTimesSix

Quote from: 47a on May 20, 2017, 03:44:33 AM
quick question on this mod, will colonists automatically seek out and equip sidearms (or primaries for that matter?) or does it need to be manually equipped
Same as vanilla, they need to be explicitly told to touch those scary murder devices.

Quote from: Love on May 19, 2017, 08:34:52 PM
A couple warnings being thrown on startup from HugsLib, probably no big deal.

Yeah, its fine. Ill add them to the language XML anyway, just to get rid of the warnings.

Quote from: sanya02 on May 18, 2017, 06:07:09 PM
Please create one for A16.
I get why this keeps coming up, but Id rather not write and maintain a soon-to-be obsolete separate version. Maybe when Im done with what Im working on right now.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Orpheus

Any chance you could make Mechanoids not spawn with sidearms?  Or at least limit them to sensible choices, or make them not do stupid things with them.  I just opened an Ancient Danger, and three Centipedes rushed me with...wait for it...plasteel shivs.  Even though all three of them had Inferno Cannons, they came slithering over at half a mile an hour, trying to shank me with their space toothpicks.  I was able to kill all three before they reached me, using two really bad shooters with bolt-action rifles.  Even when their mobility dropped to near-zero, they still refused to shoot at me.

Canute

Yep, thats stupid since all vanilia mechanoids got very strong unarmed attacks.

Same thing with pawn with strong unarmed enchantments like scyther blades,power arms.
Maybe you can made a check/compare what give more DPS a mellee weapon or pawn's unarmed attack.

PeteTimesSix

Quote from: Orpheus on May 20, 2017, 06:34:01 AM
Any chance you could make Mechanoids not spawn with sidearms?  Or at least limit them to sensible choices, or make them not do stupid things with them.  I just opened an Ancient Danger, and three Centipedes rushed me with...wait for it...plasteel shivs.  Even though all three of them had Inferno Cannons, they came slithering over at half a mile an hour, trying to shank me with their space toothpicks.  I was able to kill all three before they reached me, using two really bad shooters with bolt-action rifles.  Even when their mobility dropped to near-zero, they still refused to shoot at me.
Wot.

I thought I limited sidearm spawning to human-likes only. Fix coming soon.

Quote from: Canute on May 20, 2017, 07:12:56 AM
Maybe you can made a check/compare what give more DPS a mellee weapon or pawn's unarmed attack.
Noted. Honestly, I tend to avoid prosthetics if I can help it so it didnt even occur to me that sometimes unarmed melee is better than armed.

creeper857

Would it be possible to make a version for alpha 16?
as long as mods im using arent updated i will probaly still be playing alpha 16 so it would be nice

Razzoriel

Quote from: creeper857 on May 20, 2017, 12:57:43 PM
Would it be possible to make a version for alpha 16?
as long as mods im using arent updated i will probaly still be playing alpha 16 so it would be nice
He just said he won't do it for a version that's about to become obsolete. Just wait a few weeks until it is updated to A17.

PeteTimesSix

New release is out.

Added presets*! Choosing customization options is now just one click away.
Hunters have been re-educated and will no longer fire sniper bullets out of their knives.
Centipedes have finally run out of free shiv coupons and will as such return to using shoddy inferno launchers.
After an initial wave of hype, scyther blade users have returned to tearing things apart with their own bare claws. Bionic arm users are on the fence, one of which was quoted as saying "There's a lot of math involved, you know? Have to calculate DPS on the fly and everything!"

*(sort of, anyway. the implementation leaves a bad taste in my mouth. have to see about reworking it)

I mean that last bit, by the way. I'm pretty sure I'm not actually changing the right settings objects, even if it works. Might have to page UnlimitedHugs or something.

Love

I feel like the Basic preset should have weapon dropping set to Never.

PeteTimesSix

Quote from: Love on May 21, 2017, 11:52:21 PM
I feel like the Basic preset should have weapon dropping set to Never.
The basic preset is essentially what Ive set out to accomplish when I first started on this mod. Any changes to it would basically depend on subjective opinions, its not like I can please everyone. Thats why there's a settings menu that exposes basically everything in the first place - if you dont like it, you can change it yourself.

New release is out.
Added individual pawn weapon locks for ranged weapon switching
When switching from a used-up singleshot weapon, pawns will now prefer drawing spares over any other sidearm
Various bugfix attempts

The new locking mechanism:

asquirrel

Could you please make a version that is compatible with Alpha 16?  Thanks! :)

Love

A17 is releasing any day now folks...

Razzoriel

OP, if it's not much to ask, me and plenty of others are just looking for a code patch that automatically switches weapons from ranged to melee. The max mass mechanic you have, which restricts how much mass both weapons should have, IMO, is perfect to prevent abuse in the case of someone wielding a minigun and longsword, for instance.

So, if you can, could you make a SimpleSidearms Lite version, where you just set the maximum mass of one or the other, or both? Thanks in advance.

WereCat88

Does this mod work with other weapon mods? I imagine it should?
I am The Primal Mammelon