[B18] Universal Fermenter (2017-11-18)

Started by Kubouch, June 07, 2017, 08:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kubouch

New version (b18.1.0)!

• Now we have Beta 18, wohoo!
  • It is possible to have different building texture for each product when there are ingredients inside.
  • New mod based on Universal Fermenter: Dry Leaves by Jecrell and me.

Download:
    Universal Fermenter (b18.1.0)

The only main change is the possibility of having a different texture per product, when there are some ingredients loaded. It works a bit the same way as vanilla Power Switch uses the on/off textures. When the building is empty, a default texture is used for all the products. How to use the feature is described on the Wiki.

Enjoy!

Harry_Dicks

When extracting Universal Fermenter, there is no base folder for it. My question is, does RimWorld care what the name of the base folder is? Can it be just Universal Fermenter, or does it need to be UniversalFermenter_b18.1.0 ?

Canute

Maybe you notice some discussion about steam mods, Steam store the mod's into folder with numeric names.
It doesn't matter how the folder is named, the mod name is stored into the about.xml  .

Kubouch

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 03, 2018, 04:09:01 PM
When extracting Universal Fermenter, there is no base folder for it. My question is, does RimWorld care what the name of the base folder is? Can it be just Universal Fermenter, or does it need to be UniversalFermenter_b18.1.0 ?

You can name the folder as you want. I should keep that in mind for future releases and zip it with the base folder.

PreDiabetic

<comps>
<li Class="Kubouch.CompProperties_UniversalFermenter">
<products>
                <li>
                    <thingDef>Megaspider_Meat</thingDef>
                    <ingredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Hay</li>
</thingDefs>
                    </ingredientFilter>
                    <temperatureSafe>
                        <min>0</min>
                        <max>50</max>
                    </temperatureSafe>
                    <temperatureIdeal>
                        <min>10</min>
                        <max>20</max>
                    </temperatureIdeal>
<maxCapacity>100</maxCapacity>
                    <baseFermentationDuration>300000</baseFermentationDuration>
                    <efficiency>5</efficiency>
                </li>
</products>
</li>
       <li Class="CompProperties_Forbiddable"/>
    </comps>

why this doesn't work? Standart Barrel with only changes to "<thingClass>Building</thingClass>" due to your warning.
JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Xue, Job=UF_FillUniversalFermenter (Job_49148) A=Thing_InsectLab765038 B=Thing_Hay1007488, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kubouch.CompUniversalFermenter.AddIngredient (Verse.Thing ingredient) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kubouch.JobDriver_FillUniversalFermenter+<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<MakeNewToils>b__1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver

Kubouch

Quote from: PreDiabetic on January 24, 2018, 03:21:27 PM
<comps>
<li Class="Kubouch.CompProperties_UniversalFermenter">
<products>
                <li>
                    <thingDef>Megaspider_Meat</thingDef>
                    <ingredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Hay</li>
</thingDefs>
                    </ingredientFilter>
                    <temperatureSafe>
                        <min>0</min>
                        <max>50</max>
                    </temperatureSafe>
                    <temperatureIdeal>
                        <min>10</min>
                        <max>20</max>
                    </temperatureIdeal>
<maxCapacity>100</maxCapacity>
                    <baseFermentationDuration>300000</baseFermentationDuration>
                    <efficiency>5</efficiency>
                </li>
</products>
</li>
       <li Class="CompProperties_Forbiddable"/>
    </comps>

why this doesn't work? Standart Barrel with only changes to "<thingClass>Building</thingClass>" due to your warning.
JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Xue, Job=UF_FillUniversalFermenter (Job_49148) A=Thing_InsectLab765038 B=Thing_Hay1007488, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kubouch.CompUniversalFermenter.AddIngredient (Verse.Thing ingredient) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kubouch.JobDriver_FillUniversalFermenter+<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<MakeNewToils>b__1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver

Hi, thanks for letting me know.

Just as a sanity check, make sure that you have the latest version (b18.1.0).

Could you send me the whole file where you added this?

I am not RimWorlding these days but I think I'll make a new version in a relatively near future to address all the things that are popping out. I added this to my issues list to make sure it will be looked into.

MightyGooga

Hello, is it possible to reposition the progress bar display? In a 3x2 building it is in a akward position.

Kubouch

Quote from: MightyGooga on July 31, 2018, 02:09:42 PM
Hello, is it possible to reposition the progress bar display? In a 3x2 building it is in a akward position.

Hi, I'll look into it. Thanks for reporting. I'm going to update this mod to a 1.0 version when it's stable. Added this to my todo list.

scareLOL444

Hello,
First off all, thank you for this mod, it made my life so much easier.
So, I plan to release a mod to the steam workshop in the near future that uses Universal Fermenter, however, I couldn't find your mod on the workshop.
If you don't plan to release to the workshop, do you allow me to embed the necessary code from your mod within mine (while still metionning the use of your mod and linking to this page) in order to simplify the installation process for steam users ?

mcduff

Does this work as is with 1.0 or should I wait for the update?

Syrchalis

I updated this to 1.0 because I needed it for my private blueberry mod.

[attachment deleted due to age]
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

dismar

Quote from: Syrchalis on August 10, 2018, 09:11:20 AM
I updated this to 1.0 because I needed it for my private blueberry mod.

lol A lot of us use this mod's coding now :) I have my own version for my mods as well. Thanks Kubouch!

alexus30f

+1 for this "Hello, is it possible to reposition the progress bar display? In a 3x2 building it is in a akward position."

Alternatively, an option to toggle the progress bar on/off would also be good. The bar sometime gets in the way when using the code on other objects/graphic.

Reize81

I used the Universal Fermenter for my mod (and included credits & thx) and it works fine. Unfortunately if my mod is run along the 1.0 cigarettes mod I get a mod conflict because both mods use the Universal Fermenter.

Which raises the two questions:

- How to solve the conflict ?
- How to have more than one type of universal fermenter active ?

Here is a link to my mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48298.0

Can anyone help ?

Update:The user Automatic on steam suggested to rename the universal fermenter assembly using dnspy. I did and it works. So this should solve my conflict and my problems.