[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pickle

Do you have mods like More vanilla turrets or Rimsenal activated ? I've noticed an error about multibarrel weapons research while I was using them. That's all I can tell, I don't understand much this error log screen.

Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.ResearchProjectDef named MultibarrelWeapons
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:TryResolveDef(String, FailMode)
Verse.WantedRefForList`1:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:ItemFromXmlFile(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:ReloadAndRebind()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Jan2607

No, I don't have any mods like thi activated. And I checked a save without CE, and the research was available.
So I think it has something to do with CE. Maybe it's because one of the CE researches (I think it was the  large rocket launcher research) has the same polace in research tree like the multibarrel weapons? Both have postion x:9/y:3 in the research tree. Maybe the rocket launcher research did overwrite it? But I remember that in A16 change log Tynan said, if there are two researches overlapping, the game will automatically move them apart.

IHateRegistering

I made a patch for Rimfall: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29191.0

Pretty sure it works, haven't had any issues so far.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

NoImageAvailable

CE removes multibarrel weapons research from the game. Since you can't craft miniguns anymore it was a trap research that didn't do anything
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Brrainz

CE returning BodyType Undefined for pawn Gizler
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
CombatExtended.CE_Utility:GetCollisionBodyFactors(Pawn)
CombatExtended.CollisionVertical:CalculateHeightRange(Thing, FloatRange&, Single&)

I am just testing my mods with CE and fixed a bug in Achtung regarding projectiles. But I noticed that with Zombieland, I get the above error for every zombie which strangly happens for every new zombie even while my colonists are busy building stuff. You may want to null check if you want to be compatible with zombies.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: pardeike on June 17, 2017, 06:15:35 AM

CE returning BodyType Undefined for pawn Gizler
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
CombatExtended.CE_Utility:GetCollisionBodyFactors(Pawn)
CombatExtended.CollisionVertical:CalculateHeightRange(Thing, FloatRange&, Single&)

I am just testing my mods with CE and fixed a bug in Achtung regarding projectiles. But I noticed that with Zombieland, I get the above error for every zombie which strangly happens for every new zombie even while my colonists are busy building stuff. You may want to null check if you want to be compatible with zombies.

That error message is actually there by design, since CE needs some extra hitbox data defined for races. They still work but they'll be easier to hit than they should be, the error just warns you about improperly configured pawns. See here.

Fregrant

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 17, 2017, 05:02:43 AM
CE removes multibarrel weapons research from the game. Since you can't craft miniguns anymore it was a trap research that didn't do anything
Yeah, but it broke turrets\weapons mods which use it. Though not much point to use these with a combat overhaul, maybe leave it for sake of compatibility.

Mr_Man

Getting the following spam when someone is training animals: "Can't do taming job because of a full inventory" not sure if it's related to CE

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Fregrant on June 17, 2017, 08:48:03 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 17, 2017, 05:02:43 AM
Yeah, but it broke turrets\weapons mods which use it. Though not much point to use these with a combat overhaul, maybe leave it for sake of compatibility.

Those mods were broken to begin with (as any mods adding new weapons are). Just because it doesn't throw an error doesn't mean its compatible.

Evelyn

Any word on why hunters will remove every single arm, leg, or appendage from things the size of deer and smaller before killing them?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Evelyn on June 17, 2017, 01:44:43 PM
Any word on why hunters will remove every single arm, leg, or appendage from things the size of deer and smaller before killing them?

More of a vanilla feature tbh. Good news is 1.2 is just about finished and has a fix for hunting (hunters will now slaughter downed animals instead of wasting time and ammo).

Evelyn

Fregrant

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 17, 2017, 11:55:28 AM
Just because it doesn't throw an error doesn't mean its compatible.
touche.
Quote from: Evelyn on June 17, 2017, 11:11:28 PM
Will it be save-game compatible?
Not recommended. But you could try if fear not. Though I heard switching the ammo system would be fatal for the save)

TA1980

Dear NoImageAvailable,

could you please reintroduce the different kind of painkillers that were featured in the development branch?

Regards

Pickle

I really enjoy this mod so far, I can't imagined all the work needed to make such a change in the game, but it's great.

The only little flaw I noticed is that pawns seems too eager to take ammunition as soon as they have a weapon.
For example, when I have a medic, I want him to pick up a weapon, pick up medicine, and then take the ammunition. Because otherwise they will take so many they can't have medicine anymore. But when they have the weapon on hand, they rush to the ammunition and don't even listen the order I give them to take the medicine. I have to wait till they have taken them, ask them to drop the ammunition, and finally they can go and take the medicine.

An other case is after a battle, everybody rush to the stockpile for ammunition, the last time it happens I insisted to have one guy rescuing a wounded pawn, and a other to haul his weapon. After a few attempts they did it, but dropped the wounded and the weapon in front of the door to go and take ammunition, I have to order them again to do what I wanted.