[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: TA1980 on June 18, 2017, 04:03:34 AM
Dear NoImageAvailable,

could you please reintroduce the different kind of painkillers that were featured in the development branch?

Regards

Those were split off into the Panacea mod here

Quote from: Pickle on June 18, 2017, 04:30:49 AM
An other case is after a battle, everybody rush to the stockpile for ammunition, the last time it happens I insisted to have one guy rescuing a wounded pawn, and a other to haul his weapon. After a few attempts they did it, but dropped the wounded and the weapon in front of the door to go and take ammunition, I have to order them again to do what I wanted.

Two questions: 1) do you have the automatic ammo pickup enabled in the mod settings? 2) Do your pawns have loadouts assigned to them?

Pawns with loadouts will prioritize picking up equipment in the order it is defined in the loadout, i.e. if you want your medics to pick up medicine before ammo it has to be higher in the list.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

AllenWL

You know, I think it'll be really nice to have a 'execute' command or something that can be used on a immobile pawn which has the soldier attack a fatal part(like say, a brain) with 100% accuracy, but only on immobile pawns, so we can kill prisoners and downed raiders in-mass without wasting too much time or ammo. If it can count as a execution to avoid 'prisoner died' it'd be even better.

LustrousWolf

Quote from: AllenWL on June 18, 2017, 07:35:15 AM
You know, I think it'll be really nice to have a 'execute' command or something that can be used on a immobile pawn which has the soldier attack a fatal part(like say, a brain) with 100% accuracy, but only on immobile pawns, so we can kill prisoners and downed raiders in-mass without wasting too much time or ammo. If it can count as a execution to avoid 'prisoner died' it'd be even better.

I believe there is already a mod like that, allowtool I think it was? If you are looking for somthing to finish off immobile pawns/animals

Thundercraft

Looking on the Combat Extended GitHub wiki, I was reading the Creating an xpath patch page. And this part caught my attention:
QuoteCE adds two new patch operations to make creation of compatibility patches easier.

PatchOperationFindMod

So, if I'm reading this right, CE is what adds this patch operation?

Is there any way I could use this patch operation outside of CE, for a completely unrelated mod? This would be very handy for use outside of CE...

Will Tynan eventually add this into RimWorld itself?

OSley

For an unknown reason, i cannot change the ammo type and the fire mode of the added turret (heavy, blaster, etc)

RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1153
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit()
Verse.Root:Start()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start()

CombatExtended :: Harmony_GenRadial_RadialPatternCount :: Info: Post GenRadial patch maximum radius: 119.4194
CombatExtended.Harmony.Harmony_GenRadial_RadialPatternCount:Patch()
CombatExtended.Harmony.HarmonyBase:InitPatches()
CombatExtended.Controller:.ctor(ModContentPack)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo, Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[], Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[])
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Combat Extended :: initialized
CombatExtended.Controller:.ctor(ModContentPack)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo, Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[], Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[])
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()

Combat Extended :: Ammo injected
CombatExtended.AmmoInjector:Inject()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Loading game from file New Arrivals1 with mods Core, 943406470, and 943440180
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__84F()

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
  at CombatExtended.Command_Reload.MakeAmmoMenu () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.Command_Reload.ProcessInput (UnityEngine.Event ev) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (IEnumerable`1 gizmos, Single startX, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor (IEnumerable`1 selectedObjects) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI()
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

tgbps4

Quote from: AllenWL on June 18, 2017, 07:35:15 AM

The mod AllowTool has that feature included
"I need a series of mods that let me play a colony that experiments on people: basically space Vault-Tec"

Evelyn

Is it intentional that you can't use shields on a colonist with bionic arms (missing body parts)? Also, could spears be made to be considered one-handed rather than two-handed, as historically there are many examples of soldiers using spears and shields, notably Greek hoplites come to mind as a famous example?

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Evelyn on June 18, 2017, 09:43:08 PM
Is it intentional that you can't use shields on a colonist with bionic arms (missing body parts)? Also, could spears be made to be considered one-handed rather than two-handed, as historically there are many examples of soldiers using spears and shields, notably Greek hoplites come to mind as a famous example?
That's a vanilla issue because bionic arms have only an arm, no bones, no hands and no fingers. It's the same with bionic legs, those also don't have feet or toes attached to them.

As for your suggestion, I agree. Javelins should also be one handed weapons since those were also used with shields.

LustrousWolf

Will the bionic arm problem be fixed in version 1.2 of the mod? Only reason I am holding back on using this mod at the moment >.<

XeoNovaDan

The bionic arm problem is a vanilla issue and therefore has nothing to do with Combat Extended. Unless NIA makes significant changes to the bionic system or Tynan himself makes some form of changes to bionics, it's going to stay that way.

Evelyn

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 19, 2017, 05:44:26 PM
The bionic arm problem is a vanilla issue and therefore has nothing to do with Combat Extended. Unless NIA makes significant changes to the bionic system or Tynan himself makes some form of changes to bionics, it's going to stay that way.

Would it be possible to just make it so that the shields are worn on the arms instead of the hands, then?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Evelyn on June 19, 2017, 09:37:10 PM

Would it be possible to just make it so that the shields are worn on the arms instead of the hands, then?

Yes and in fact that's the solution I implemented.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

LustrousWolf

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 20, 2017, 05:06:40 AM
Quote from: Evelyn on June 19, 2017, 09:37:10 PM

Yes and in fact that's the solution I implemented.

Glad to hear there is a solution to the problem :) Can't wait for version 1.2! :)

Evelyn

Could the rate of weapon damage on parrying be rebalanced? I'm losing masterwork plasteel gladii in the course of a single fight if it's in the hands of a skilled Melee user. 5% may be a bit too much.

rambo

Quote from: Evelyn on June 20, 2017, 06:19:38 AM
Could the rate of weapon damage on parrying be rebalanced? I'm losing masterwork plasteel gladii in the course of a single fight if it's in the hands of a skilled Melee user. 5% may be a bit too much.
You are right maybe 0.1% damage and there should be an option to repair it ( like sharping a sword or welding  a weapon to fix a dent on a weapon)