[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

I just pushed the latest build to steam on behalf of NIA for those that care.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: skullywag on June 30, 2017, 12:38:40 PM
I just pushed the latest build to steam on behalf of NIA for those that care.

Said update is here, link in the OP is updated too.

CE Guns is here
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

skullywag

Facepunch

I have a suggestion. I love the current damage model (Personally would like bleeding to be more severe across the board still, but a definite improvement), I more or less need to give all of my dedicated fighters medicine to treat their injuries on the battlefield. To the point, I think that morphine or some such would be pretty great. If one of my guys gets filled full of holes, a little morphine to get him back on his feet, albeit with reduced consciousness, would be great.

admiralKew

I made a tiny little addon with help from NoImageAvailable himself and Zhinsy that allows you to make backpacks and tac vests out of leather and other fabrics than just cloth. They don't offer any additional capability than to add more carrying capacity to pawns, as in normal CE. They also require the same amount of fabric.

I plan to edit the sprites later on, and perhaps make them last a bit longer in another patch.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Xubrim

While it's pretty easy to guess what it does, I can't find precisely how the Suppress aim mode is better. Anyone know?

Wazowski

Hello,
A query Hospitality MOD has no effect with this MOD?

Adalah217

Quote from: Alistaire on June 28, 2017, 02:29:24 PM
Fragment range has been nerfed in CE 1.2 and minimum distance has been added in CE 1.3. Are you sure you are using the latest CE version?

I was using the one on steam. Thanks for pushing it to the workshop now though!

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Xubrim on June 30, 2017, 08:57:24 PM
While it's pretty easy to guess what it does, I can't find precisely how the Suppress aim mode is better. Anyone know?

Suppress ignores partial cover obstructing LoS. If the target hunkers behind partial cover it'll keep firing

MightyGooga

May i ask if the Animal Colab Project mod, is compatible with CE?

Xubrim

I noticed a conflict between Combat Extended and Smarter Food Selection. Combat Extended has a loadout system which drops any unassigned items, like the outfit manager for weapons/items. Animal handlers automatically force carry food to train/tame with and bypass the loadout system. Smarter Food Selection has an option for animals that changes the priority in which foods are consumed, which also allows them to be trained with hay (when appropriate). When these featured used at the same time, handlers become stuck in a loop where they pick up hay, drop it, and then picking it up again. This continues until their shift stops.

This is not gamebreaking and can be worked around. Manually ordering training/taming, adding hay to the loadout, having no loadout, and simply not using hay all seem viable.

I'm posting this on both pages for visibility and to save time for anyone else trying to figure out why their handlers went insane. I have zero clue which mod would be in a better position to address this issue, if either one of you are even inclined to attempt it. Hopefully it's something really easy.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Xubrim on July 02, 2017, 12:13:13 AM

Are you using an outdated version? The infinite loop food/drug pickup was fixed in 1.2 already.

rambo

skullywag

From steam:

Tanelorn 4 hours ago 
I am seeing the ability to craft sling shot now, but I see nothing for crafting slings. Is this from another mod or is this an incomplete part of CE?

Gunblade Hero 6 hours ago 
I seem to be having an issue where my tribesmen cannot drop ammo, specifically arrows (I have not tested bullets). Further, when they craft great stone arrows they will carry them to the stockpile and when they put it down, the arrows vanish. The pawn did not pick them up, no others pawns in the area picked them up and it did not auto-stack with another stack of them nearby.

MrWeeGee

Decided to make a spreadsheet listing all the guns and their stats side-by-side for easier comparison. Each class of guns has its own page as well.

Should be noted that I don't make spreadsheets -- ever. That being said, I probably won't keep up with updating it so anyone's free to download, edit, and reupload as they wish.

CE v1.3 + CE Guns v1.2 Weapon List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s1VQ-EL7dUpqjrLjFr0PI7O4CpKIxZUeHFujyZze_M0/edit?usp=sharing