[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Anvil_Pants on July 03, 2017, 08:37:33 AM

That error should be harmless, will be fixed in 1.4.

Quote from: JustALittleCrazyTalk on July 03, 2017, 03:15:19 PM
Changing my question: Does cover do anything of any kind?

Cover works just fine. The issue is more likely to be with a series of other balance changes such as lower range having directly or indirectly improved overall accuracy so that a high level shooter just won't care about cover from medium/short range unless suppressed.

Quote from: PeteTimesSix on July 03, 2017, 11:14:09 PM
If anyone uses the two mods together, I'd love some reports on how (or if) it works fine now. Hopefully I can get SimpleSidearms removed from the list of conflicting mods.

I moved it over to the compatible mods section, thanks for taking the time to make those mods compatible.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

AllenWL

My crafting stop has a recipe for 'stone sling shots' which I'm assuming is from this mod, since no other mod I have effects combat or adds ammo.
However, I can't find a single thing that might use said shots, nor do the 'stone sling shots' seem to be actual items as I couldn't find it with the dev-mode item placer.

rambo

Quote from: AllenWL on July 06, 2017, 01:50:13 AM
My crafting stop has a recipe for 'stone sling shots' which I'm assuming is from this mod, since no other mod I have effects combat or adds ammo.
However, I can't find a single thing that might use said shots, nor do the 'stone sling shots' seem to be actual items as I couldn't find it with the dev-mode item placer.
Same

KLk

I have bug with CE extended, i just installed it, started a new game, and now i can't heal my first captive :(
it was fine untill now, my current version is 17.1557
edit: maybe i can fix it i founded an old version running at the same time, i will try once again

Xubrim

Quote from: rambo on July 06, 2017, 05:38:31 AM
Same

It looks like it's related to the patch for Vanilla-Friend Weapon Expansion, which adds a sling among other things.

NoImageAvailable

This is due to some technical limitations with the way ammo injection works, which is also causing certain recipes to show up in no-ammo mode. Its already been fixed for 1.4.

korvyr

Much to my dismay I can't seem to play with this mod.

First off; a code logs when I first load up the game, that seems to break the game.

https://gist.github.com/d1bdccfd277a084b01c1c06dc7ac4310

Secondly: Mortars shoot and waste ammo, without any thing happening. Just consistently uses ammo.

Thirdly: when I shoot any gun with ammo, it does not shoot ammo but uses the ammo.

It may be a conflict, but I can't seem to figure it out either way.

Superlagg

I threw together a patch to make some of the furry races be compatible with CE.

Included:

Just move all the folders in the attached rar into the Patches folder of this mod. If you've installed CE through the workshop, I think you'll have to go digging in the workshop folder to find it. Might be in folder 960196012, but I haven't checked. Super easy to find if you installed it manually, it'll be in your Mods folder.

Note that this patch patches only the pawns (and that orassan monkey thing) to be able to work with CE: They can use the inventory thing, have firemode buttons, be suppressed, get shot and die, those fun things. It does not alter their equipment, so any guns, armor, hats, and whatnot will still be more or less "vanilla".

Bear with me, this is the first "mod" I've ever "made". I've tested it as far as making sure all the races work, but it's far from finished.

...patching all those cat guns is gonna be interesting. Really gotta figure out how to work them into CE's system. Maybe I'll start by learning how to actually patch it!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Jaxelar

Reporting a pretty big bug. I used auto combat on a manhunting rat in my base and it put a bunch of red overlay on the screen that wont disappear. I've tried replacing the floor of the area and reloading a prior save before the incident.
http://imgur.com/a/m9Xr5

notfood

Brrainz

Quote from: notfood on July 08, 2017, 11:30:06 PM
Autocombat is an Atchung thing.
And all you need to do is to turn off that red debug overlay in the Achtung prefs (press Shift-Return).

NoImageAvailable

UPDATE: v1.4 released

Fixed various issues with loadout priorities and food pickup behavior.

The full changelog on GitHub.

hoaxdream

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 09, 2017, 06:45:25 AM
UPDATE: v1.4 released

Fixed various issues with loadout priorities and food pickup behavior.

The full changelog on GitHub.

thanks for the update, is it safe to upgrade from previous version without any conflict on existing save?

MCreeper

Can someone make call of cthulhu compatibility patch?

JadedApprentince

Quote from: korvyr on July 06, 2017, 02:39:40 PM
Much to my dismay I can't seem to play with this mod.

First off; a code logs when I first load up the game, that seems to break the game.

https://gist.github.com/d1bdccfd277a084b01c1c06dc7ac4310

Secondly: Mortars shoot and waste ammo, without any thing happening. Just consistently uses ammo.

Thirdly: when I shoot any gun with ammo, it does not shoot ammo but uses the ammo.

It may be a conflict, but I can't seem to figure it out either way.

Make sure you have Combat Extended at or near the top of the load order, that way any mods that might have conflict with it will be placed below it. I play with most of these mods, so good rule of thumb is to put most of the major mods at the top (unless its specifically stated where to place them) and then all the smaller mods at the bottom.

Try that and see if it helps.
Mods I've made:
Combat Extended Artillery :  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33979.0