[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

There are some plans to limit ammo crafting in the future by introducing primers as a requirement. Acquiring them would require either buying them from traders, breaking down existing ammo or making them at the component assembly table. This is all in the planning phase though so subject to change.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

hoaxdream

can you add an option to turn off reloading only on auto turrets? i only want reloading on guns but not on auto turrets

Brrainz

As a quick observation (partly from all the players combining Zombieland with CE, partly from others) I can clearly see a conflict between hyper-realism and the very constraint resources a RimWorld planet gives you. Works at the beginning but one ends up quickly with no resources to play. I self have no opinion on the matter but I've seen players struggle with the result.

Epishade

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 13, 2017, 01:56:01 PM
There are some plans to limit ammo crafting in the future by introducing primers as a requirement. Acquiring them would require either buying them from traders, breaking down existing ammo or making them at the component assembly table. This is all in the planning phase though so subject to change.
Ah nice.  Thanks.  Good to know.  Excited to see what happens with this.  It's one of the few things I think this mod could be improved with, as it's otherwise a very well-made mod and I'd much rather play the game with it than without it.

dannyslag

I've managed to solve all the conflicts i was getting with this beautiful mod except this one. I can't seem to figure out where it's coming from. Any ideas? I don't have any mods that add grenades or weapons other than the two listed in the OP. CE guns and vanilla friendly weapons expansion.

QuoteXML error: Could not find parent node named "GrenadeRecipeBase" for node "RecipeDef". Full node: <RecipeDef ParentName="GrenadeRecipeBase"><defName>MakeM72LAW</defName><label>make M72 LAW x5</label><description>Craft 5 M72 LAW launchers.</description><jobString>Making M72 LAW launchers.</jobString><workAmount>22500</workAmount><ingredients><li><filter><thingDefs><li>Steel</li></thingDefs></filter><count>50</count></li><li><filter><thingDefs><li>FSX</li></thingDefs></filter><count>3</count></li><li><filter><thingDefs><li>Component</li></thingDefs></filter><count>3</count></li></ingredients><fixedIngredientFilter><thingDefs><li>Steel</li><li>FSX</li><li>Component</li></thingDefs></fixedIngredientFilter><products><CE_Gun_M72LAW>5</CE_Gun_M72LAW></products><researchPrerequisite>CE_AdvancedFirearms</researchPrerequisite></RecipeDef>

*EDIT* Moving vanilla friendly weapons expansion to the bottom of the load list fixed this.

Evelyn

God, please, no. It's already a pain to craft the higher levels of ammo.

Selchoni

PreDiabetic

After 1.4 Tribes don't have ARROWS with them. They have bows or melee weapons but no arrow to shoot. Tried with CE on top of modlist and bottom of list.

Epishade

A lot of times after a battle, particularly with tribals, I'll have guys with guns that, after hauling away all their loot, pick up their shields and keep them in their inventory.  Then they're not able to shoot their weapons by the time the next attack comes because I didn't notice that they picked them up.

Aside from micromanaging my guys so that I watch them pick up the shield, haul it, then drop it in the stockpile and I immediately forbid it, is there any way I can stop them from automatically equipping shields?

Hungry Colonist

Quote from: Epishade on July 15, 2017, 04:02:52 PM
A lot of times after a battle, particularly with tribals, I'll have guys with guns that, after hauling away all their loot, pick up their shields and keep them in their inventory.  Then they're not able to shoot their weapons by the time the next attack comes because I didn't notice that they picked them up.

Aside from micromanaging my guys so that I watch them pick up the shield, haul it, then drop it in the stockpile and I immediately forbid it, is there any way I can stop them from automatically equipping shields?
Assign them to an outfit without shield. Shields are considered apparel.

Jeffsikles

I kind of like the idea of primer, but I would like it if you could have it toggleable, so you have options for no-ammo, the current system, and the more in-depth primer based one, just in case it ends up being a pain and kills the fun. Sometimes things like this end up missing the balance point between fun and work.
In my experience with this mod the main restriction for me is components. Normally I do well with balancing component income but the component cost on mortars is murdering me, so having to balance that with also needing primers might just mean I disable the ammo system all together
I did have a question, is the Railgun from this mod? I got one from a quest and I just thought it was odd that it doesn't need any kind of ammunition
Also, does this mod interact with RBSE? Specifically wondering about bionic spine / exoskeleton
Also, I've been seeing a lot of [FACTION] Ammo Generators in inventories when visitors/baddies first show up, sometimes it gets replaced with gear relatively quickly but sometimes they make it to my walls with no bullets. My framrate chugs a big one most of the time so I figured it had to do with that but thought I'd ask

Sam Gray

A suggestion for your awesome mod:

Can you implement something like reloading on the go into the mod?
Meaning while pawns are drafted and have orders to move somewhere with an empty magazine, they reload their weapon while moving with a speed penalty. I can think of some situations when this mechanic would be very handy.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Jeffsikles on July 15, 2017, 11:14:33 PM
Also, I've been seeing a lot of [FACTION] Ammo Generators in inventories when visitors/baddies first show up, sometimes it gets replaced with gear relatively quickly but sometimes they make it to my walls with no bullets. My framrate chugs a big one most of the time so I figured it had to do with that but thought I'd ask

If you're seeing loadout generators you're using the outdated version. Use the one currently linked in the OP.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

JadedApprentince

Quote from: pardeike on July 14, 2017, 05:08:53 AM
As a quick observation (partly from all the players combining Zombieland with CE, partly from others) I can clearly see a conflict between hyper-realism and the very constraint resources a RimWorld planet gives you. Works at the beginning but one ends up quickly with no resources to play. I self have no opinion on the matter but I've seen players struggle with the result.

Use the quarry mod, it allows you to mine ore and get stone blocks (at least the type(s) that the quarry is constructed on) so that you don't have to constantly move tile to tile or send out groups to strip mine entire maps. It also allows your not-so-useful colonists to do something useful by training/doing mining, so its a win-win situation.
For stuff like FSX and Prometheum, you'll just have to steal, grow/gather, or buy it, so it's not that hard to get.
Mods I've made:
Combat Extended Artillery :  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33979.0

alexander_q

QuoteThese mods have been made compatible with CE:
Zombieland

Have tested just now with only CE and Zombieland (in different load orders) and have found that colonists don't receive the "zombie bite" injury and so the infection mechanic never triggers. Instead they get "scratch (zombie teeth). It's a shame, because limited ammo + zombies is a great starting point for any colony. Hopefully this is a quick fix.