[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Hatchet Warrior on August 26, 2017, 07:36:16 PM
Hey. I was wondering if anyone could help me and take a look at the XML errors i'm getting since the install of this mod.

It seems like whatever mod is adding crossbow bolts (VFWE?) is referring to a non-existent base def. Doesn't look like something I can fix on my end though.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Divenity

Having an issue, tested with only this mod enabled. Cannot equip shields when left arm has been replaced with a prosthetic, including complete bionic arm. Works fine if only the hand is replaced, but if someone has lost their left arm and gets a simple or bionic replacement they are no longer allowed to equip shields. Message given when trying to force equip is "Cannot wear melee shield (missing body parts)".. It seems the shields are only coded to recognize biological arms.

Hatchet Warrior

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on August 27, 2017, 12:45:20 AM
Hey. I was wondering if anyone could help me and take a look at the XML errors i'm getting since the install of this mod.

It seems like whatever mod is adding crossbow bolts (VFWE?) is referring to a non-existent base def. Doesn't look like something I can fix on my end though.

Sure enough turning that and the patch off for CE fixed the issue.

WereCat88

Is there any way you could make changing apparel and equipping weapons have highest priority?

We were attacked by some mechs and i told Chris to take his weapons and armor and fight, but instead he decides that its more important to make food, WTF!?

Also are bullets supposed to penetrate walls? My alpacas got shredded by my turrets because they were shooting at a mech beside them, the only problem is that they were in their barn behind a granite wall!

Also i still think that there should be some sort of locker where a colonist can change their whole equipment at once, because you cant just have 3 tons of weapons and armor on you and still be productive like in vannila
I am The Primal Mammelon

Frank2368

Quote from: Hatchet Warrior on August 27, 2017, 06:39:54 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on August 27, 2017, 12:45:20 AM

Sure enough turning that and the patch off for CE fixed the issue.

The patch was made in advance for a future version of Combat Extended I believe. It's supposed to take into consideration ammo tech levels which haven't been implemented yet.

KLk

Quote from: WereCat88 on August 27, 2017, 12:42:31 PM
Is there any way you could make changing apparel and equipping weapons have highest priority?

We were attacked by some mechs and i told Chris to take his weapons and armor and fight, but instead he decides that its more important to make food, WTF!?

Also are bullets supposed to penetrate walls? My alpacas got shredded by my turrets because they were shooting at a mech beside them, the only problem is that they were in their barn behind a granite wall!

Also i still think that there should be some sort of locker where a colonist can change their whole equipment at once, because you cant just have 3 tons of weapons and armor on you and still be productive like in vannila
1 the bullets have pierce damage and could go throught a wall, in the game and in the reallity (that's why we have bunkers at 50m dig in and with 30m of concrete walls)
and for the gear cabinet there's a mod to do it but i dont remember the name
PS i have issues with the loadouts, they carry ammo when i said them to have nothing

WereCat88

Quote from: KLk on August 27, 2017, 12:51:48 PM
1 the bullets have pierce damage and could go throught a wall, in the game and in the reallity (that's why we have bunkers at 50m dig in and with 30m of concrete walls)

I heard not even .50 BMG can penetrate a full meter of reinforced concrete...
             WE NEED CONCRETE AS A BUILD MATERIAL

I have the same problems with the loadout system, it seems... shoddy...

Some data: https://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/50-bmg-ammo-identification-chart.49583/
I am The Primal Mammelon

KLk

Quote from: WereCat88 on August 27, 2017, 01:06:56 PM
Quote from: KLk on August 27, 2017, 12:51:48 PM

I heard not even .50 BMG can penetrate a full meter of reinforced concrete...
             WE NEED CONCRETE AS A BUILD MATERIAL

I have the same problems with the loadout system, it seems... shoddy...

Some data: https://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/50-bmg-ammo-identification-chart.49583/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsgwcDOGJQY&ab_channel=Miculek.com-TheLeadersinGunControl%21
maybe cannot penetrate, but you see what one shoot can do, 5 or 6 will pass through the wall

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: WereCat88 on August 27, 2017, 12:42:31 PM

Sounds like you're on the outdated 1.1 release, the wall piercing bullets and loadout priorities should have been fixed several versions ago.

WereCat88

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on August 27, 2017, 01:23:49 PM
Sounds like you're on the outdated 1.1 release, the wall piercing bullets and loadout priorities should have been fixed several versions ago.

Nope, im on the latest version 1.4c

Quote from: KLk on August 27, 2017, 01:18:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsgwcDOGJQY&ab_channel=Miculek.com-TheLeadersinGunControl%21
maybe cannot penetrate, but you see what one shoot can do, 5 or 6 will pass through the wall

That's plain, not even 10 cm concrete, and im pretty sure that documentation is as accurate as it gets.
I am The Primal Mammelon

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: WereCat88 on August 27, 2017, 01:31:16 PM
Nope, im on the latest version 1.4c

In that case my first guess would be you're using some incompatible mod, are you using modded turrets or CE ones?

WereCat88

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on August 27, 2017, 01:36:48 PM
In that case my first guess would be you're using some incompatible mod, are you using modded turrets or CE ones?

Well shit i tried testing with and without my only weapon mod Remote Explosives but it doesent happen anymore?

I tried testing on my current save and it happens!

I haven't tried the loadout system on the new save.

EDIT: I may have activated and deactivated some weapon mods during that save so it might of have broke because of that, idk tho...
I am The Primal Mammelon

Alistaire

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on August 16, 2017, 10:46:15 AM
Quote from: Lupin III on August 15, 2017, 11:59:24 AM
Quote from: rambo on August 15, 2017, 09:30:18 AM
You can look at the description of the gun to know what it it
If you read my comment, that's what I have to do and is exactly the annoying part. If a pistol would just be called "pistol" instead of "M1911" I would not have to do that.

Look at Rimfire to see the problem with that approach. You end up with an armory containing "pistol", "modern pistol", "rimfire pistol" and similar non-descriptors. And what do you do if you have say, an AK-47 and AK-74? "Old Soviet assault rifle" and "Modern Soviet assault rifle"?

With real names at least weapon enthusiasts can tell weapons at a glance and I don't need to waste time on figuring out generic names, while non-enthusiasts will be equally confused by generic and non-generic names.

Jumping in on this post to say that Rimfire has a HugsLib Mod Settings Menu which allows you to switch between generic names and more realistic names which means you can pick whichever naming scheme you prefer (for Vanilla and Rimfire weaponry). Of course this could be extended to other gun mods, and the Rimfire wiki page explains how to do this using the Languages folder (making the method entirely compatible with and without Rimfire active).

I realize downloading Rimfire and adding fifty weapons just to change weapon names can be tedious, so in the mod menu you can also disable each and every Rimfire weapon (you can see the source mod by hovering over a weapon) or even disabling certain CombatExtended weapons if you so please.

SyberSmoke

I would like to make a suggestion either as an addition to Combat Extended or as a stand alone option, Blood Transfusions.

First aid does a lot to patch up some one so you can fix them.  But it also wears off realtively quickly depending on who administers it and what they use (totally fair).  What I would like to suggest if the ability to make Blood Packs by taking it from one pawn, and save it so that later it can be used on another to replace lost blood.

This could require research of coarse (something tribals may not know right away).  But would offer a way for characters to buy valuable time for severely wounded pawns undergoing surgery.  Especially since the treating pawn does not always treat the wounds that are bleading right away (yeah...wasting the good meds on some bruises while they bleed out).

It should of coarse also be limited so that you can not use more than X blood on a pawn...just because...it would be way to easy to abuse with out some penalty after two packs.  Any way...there you go.

eskoONE

is it intended that after every time one of my pawns hunt an animal and kill it, they go back to refill their ammo cause i set his loadout to always carry 50 of em. this is quite annoying, especially when they travel across the map to do so. maybe i am doing something wrong or some has a workaround my problem.