[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 09, 2017, 01:31:34 AM
Having primitive ammo respawn after use should be a simple enough addition, will look into it for the A18 release.

That's great, thanks! Good luck with the update! :)

Alistaire

Dev team member here,

I would like your thoughts on primitive ammo respawns, there are some ways to balance this:

• Stone arrows < Steel arrows < Plasteel arrows in terms of respawn chance, such that high resource cost arrows are more re-usable, favouring an early game abundance in high cost arrows while diminishing ammo crafting needs over time.  As these high value resources are used up, low cost arrows must be crafted in large amounts to maintain ammo supply. Plasteel would be the norm (when available) while stone arrows would be the less efficient method used when better resources have run out.
  • Stone arrows > Steel arrows > Plasteel arrows "" "", such that high damage/high resource cost arrows break more often and thus favour a late game resource sink - to get higher damage you need to spend more resources. Plasteel would serve as a buff and stone or steel arrows would be the norm.

Currently, all arrow recipes yield 10 arrows for 1 log, and steel/plasteel arrows require 1 steel/1 plasteel. The lifetime yield of arrows is calculated as 10 / (1 - x) with x the chance they spawn after impact. Suggested is for this lifetime yield to closely match the yield of bullets (about 20--50 per steel, e.g x 0.5--0.8).

Does anyone have a preference/suggestion? Please comment.

As of the latest dev builds and due to your feedback, the first option was chosen.

Evelyn

TA1980

Kori

I would prefer option 1, too.
Plasteel arrows being more durable than simple stone arrows makes sense. :)

lperkins2

So, an option to disable ammunition cooking off would be nice.  Without a barrel, most shells rupture out the side if detonated.  If the shells are uncrimped, they may expel the bullet, but without the barrel it mostly just makes a bright flash and loud bang.  Sure, enough of them going off in a big pile can do some damage, about on par with a gunpowder bomb, but even that won't hurl bullets hundreds of yards away. 

Obviously, explosive shells could still detonate in place, and the firearms themselves may explode if the magazine gets hot enough, but one raider with a chaingun getting hit with an explosive shell shouldn't chain into the entire group getting pasted by a chain reaction of death.

braddensbane

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a big fan of Combat Extended, especially the manned turrets, but I've been having a problem. The turrets come out of the machining table with a full magazine of ammunition already loaded, but I can't seem to get my colonists to reload them after I've emptied the mag into a horde of charging tribals. I've found the reload button on the turrets themselves, but it does not seem to do anything, other than change the icon for type of ammunition. Any suggestions?

FalkrimWright

Quote from: braddensbane on November 15, 2017, 09:45:00 PM
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a big fan of Combat Extended, especially the manned turrets, but I've been having a problem. The turrets come out of the machining table with a full magazine of ammunition already loaded, but I can't seem to get my colonists to reload them after I've emptied the mag into a horde of charging tribals. I've found the reload button on the turrets themselves, but it does not seem to do anything, other than change the icon for type of ammunition. Any suggestions?

You can build small covered stockpile with ammunition near MGs for faster reloading. Colonist will automaticly reload the gun after he shoot all ammo.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: braddensbane on November 15, 2017, 09:45:00 PM

There currently is a known issue where undrafted pawns won't reload turrets. If your operators are undrafted try drafting them first and see if it works.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

tase

I'm surprised this mod isn't higher up on the 'Most Subscribed' list on the Steam Workshop. Pretty fun changes. I can't wait for an update for B18 compatibility!

Umbreon117

Quote from: Alistaire on November 10, 2017, 05:19:10 AM
Dev team member here,

I would like your thoughts on primitive ammo respawns, there are some ways to balance this:

• Stone arrows < Steel arrows < Plasteel arrows in terms of respawn chance, such that high resource cost arrows are more re-usable, favouring an early game abundance in high cost arrows while diminishing ammo crafting needs over time.  As these high value resources are used up, low cost arrows must be crafted in large amounts to maintain ammo supply. Plasteel would be the norm (when available) while stone arrows would be the less efficient method used when better resources have run out.
  • Stone arrows > Steel arrows > Plasteel arrows "" "", such that high damage/high resource cost arrows break more often and thus favour a late game resource sink - to get higher damage you need to spend more resources. Plasteel would serve as a buff and stone or steel arrows would be the norm.

Currently, all arrow recipes yield 10 arrows for 1 log, and steel/plasteel arrows require 1 steel/1 plasteel. The lifetime yield of arrows is calculated as 10 / (1 - x) with x the chance they spawn after impact. Suggested is for this lifetime yield to closely match the yield of bullets (about 20--50 per steel, e.g x 0.5--0.8).

Does anyone have a preference/suggestion? Please comment.
I'd prefer the first one.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Lurmey

I simply can't play Rimworld without this mod so I'm looking forward to the B18 update!

carpediembr

Quote from: Lurmey on November 23, 2017, 07:02:58 AM
I simply can't play Rimworld without this mod so I'm looking forward to the B18 update!
Ikr? I'm spoiled by this mod

thesoupiest

Arrows that miss should create a slightly damaged arrow item where they land. Enemies struck with arrows should have an arrow added to their inventory to be reclaimed upon looting their corpse.

Also b18 plsplsplsplsplsplsplsplspls