[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillaAnime

The b18 CE doesnt work with other mods that have weapons. TO solve this you have the make the mods compatible with CE by making the weapons have ammo. this will fix the problem with no dmg when shooting. but this can also lead into other problems.

Emagmo

It's great mod as I remember from previous versions. However, in B18 there are so many errors. For example, when you start and give your pawns ammo it's ok, but when you force them to drop some of that ammo, it just disappears.

ajaviide

Hello!
I wanted ask about compatibility.
Im planning a playthrough with CE and found a version that works with b18

Are these mods marked as compatible in OP , still compatible? the mods are:
Fashionrimsta,  Zombieland , simple sidearms, Rimfire and clutter hands.

Sry for my english its my work pc and autocorect is set to my native language.

Maeyanie

Quote from: ajaviide on January 17, 2018, 07:40:07 AM
Are these mods marked as compatible in OP , still compatible? the mods are:
Fashionrimsta,  Zombieland , simple sidearms, Rimfire and clutter hands.

Simple Sidearms sort of works. It doesn't break anything, but my colonists switch to fists in melee instead of knives. Switching manually via the icon thing in the bottom is better than having to go through their inventory though, so still worth using.

I don't use any of the others, so can only speak for that.

Edit: Apparello does work so far as I can tell, though, so there's good odds Fashionrimsta would too.

ajaviide

Thx Maeyanie,
I quickly tested couple Rimsenal weapons after i got home from work ,didnt get any errors.
Thought maybe someone has  ongoing game with said mods and could comment .

minakurafto

is there any way to modify grenade timer? currently its too short, enemy with grenade can run fearlessly into range then throw and pawn doesnt have time to run  :'(

combined with WM SFS, taming and training animal can have problem if pawn have loadout which not have food for pet (ie: you put hay/equivalent in loadout), so i think if we can have all item has "drop excess"option then it can give solution to it.
when pawn want to take food for taming or training it wont endless loop take and drop

how to counter supression? my pawn hunker down forever  just because a few archer and not attack back even when another enemy melee the pawn
is there any way/ plan to make blind fire, crawling (slowly move while under supression), or  fight back if there is enemy face to face even when suppresion meter still high?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Has this been properly updated to 18? Im afraid to start over and lose progress if it isnt. But will restart if it is ready
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on January 17, 2018, 10:56:01 PM
Has this been properly updated to 18? Im afraid to start over and lose progress if it isnt. But will restart if it is ready

The release for B18 is out, but unfinished I believe with some bugs.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 17, 2018, 10:57:20 PM

How about CE guns? is that updated?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on January 18, 2018, 03:30:46 PM

I'm not sure, but I thought CE guns required CE anyway? I really don't play with CE that much at all, so I only half way keep up with it right now since I don't think it is complete yet for B18. What do you want though, guns that take ammo without CE? Or just the textures? If it's the latter, you can just copy the textures over into your own gun mod, or a different gun mod if that's what you want, you know. Although, if you are using someone else's textures for your own mod, please do not release it anywhere until you get permission from the original author/artist to use their code/textures ;)

But really, making your own gun mod is not very difficult at all, and in fact I think it was Jecrell that has a post somewhere on these forums that walks you through making a gun mod step by step. However, if you want the guns to have ammo, that is a whole different story, and I would recommend just waiting for the proper release, unless you are okay with any issues that others are having with it.

MathiasSteam

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 17, 2018, 10:57:20 PM

I think there is a bug caused by CE in B18 that now has animals like Badgers and Squirrels flee and then they leave a huge blood trail like 5 by 5 blocks, the animals also don't have any injuries and the only thing that is different is the "Fleeing" state.
ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttnoceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 18, 2018, 05:48:38 PM

I'm not sure, but I thought CE guns required CE anyway? I really don't play with CE that much at all, so I only half way keep up with it right now since I don't think it is complete yet for B18. What do you want though, guns that take ammo without CE? Or just the textures? If it's the latter, you can just copy the textures over into your own gun mod, or a different gun mod if that's what you want, you know. Although, if you are using someone else's textures for your own mod, please do not release it anywhere until you get permission from the original author/artist to use their code/textures ;)

But really, making your own gun mod is not very difficult at all, and in fact I think it was Jecrell that has a post somewhere on these forums that walks you through making a gun mod step by step. However, if you want the guns to have ammo, that is a whole different story, and I would recommend just waiting for the proper release, unless you are okay with any issues that others are having with it.
what are you even talking about

Evelyn

Maeyanie

Not yet. However, mods like that can usually be added to an already-running game without serious issues.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Evelyn on January 20, 2018, 01:29:59 PM
I don't think he realizes that CE Guns is a submod.

That was my entire point, that it is a sub mod. Not sure why my post was that confusing.. someone was asking about CE Guns being updated, when CE isn't even fully updated. What is so difficult to understand?