[A17] A Dog Said Easy Patcher

Started by LBEaston, June 11, 2017, 04:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBEaston

A Dog Said Easy Patcher
Description:
Normal users need only load this mod after A Dog Said (Regular, Lite, Or No Crafting)

This mod adds an easy non-invasive way to add A Dog Said compatibility to animal mods.
It negates the need to have a seperate patch mod for every animal which stops ADS patches overriding each other.
It won't break games for users without this mod.

For animal modders:
To make your animal ADS compatible just give your animal's ThingDef the attribute "ADogSaidBody" with the appropriate body type.
For example:
   <ThingDef ParentName="AnimalThingBase" ADogSaidBody="LegsTail">
   <defName>Wombat</defName> etc. etc. etc....

If a user has A Dog Said and A Dog Said Easy Patcher then that animal will automatically become A Dog Said compatible!
But what if a user doesn't have the easy patcher installed? No problem! Unused XML attributes won't change anything.
The animal will still work perfectly (they just won't be able to install peg legs on it)

Available body types: Legs, Arms, ArmsTail, LegsArms, LegsTail, Tail, LegsArmsTail, Limbless

Legs = Just has Legs. Things like bears
   Arms = Horrifying creatures that only have arms.
   ArmsTail = Ditto
   LegsArms = Basically humanoid
   LegsTail = Standard quadrupeds like cats and dogs
   Tail = Snake like
   LegsArmsTail = Monkeys I guess?
   Limbless = I don't know what you're making but it sounds terrifying

Should be compatible with Regular, Lite, and No Crafting versions of A Dog Said.
Should work with animals with vanilla body types. May work with custom bodies as long as they have all the standard organs.
If you run into any bugs or have any issues post a comment and I'll try to fix it as quick as possible.

Author:
Lachlan Easton

Download 1.0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZgNYhVlvp6tp6-S06g_x4dd-rj_Quk0D/view?usp=sharing

Download (Old)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxLvyrTG8Z1QTFA3blR5d1M5dFE

Steam Workshop
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944381237&searchtext=

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Edit: removed XML formatting

WalkingProblem

This is an awesome awesome patch.

I had tested it on my RimSlaves mod, it works perfectly... and made my Unsullied twice as powerful after replacing both arms and legs... its crazy. haha

I will be using your patcher for all my mods (all my mods are animal mods)! This will help me reduce the need to add add-ons, as well as some form of standardisation across all of my mods~

=D

Vaulter69

Fregrant

Looks great. Maybe someday we will see more options (earless limbless creature).

Canute

Quote from: Walking Problem on June 15, 2017, 06:13:13 PM

I had tested it on my RimSlaves mod, it works perfectly... and made my Unsullied twice as powerful after replacing both arms and legs... its crazy. haha

I will be using your patcher for all my mods (all my mods are animal mods)! This will help me reduce the need to add add-ons, as well as some form of standardisation across all of my mods~

=D
Just a question, did you made this update for Minion so far ?
I notice i could install regular bionic's on minion but thats a bit expensive.

dookie

Quote from: Canute on June 25, 2017, 08:58:33 AM

I was about to ask the same question, but I just went ahead and added the extra def to Minions myself.  It works perfectly so far.  All my minions who showed up with asthma and heart diseases have been cured with animal bionic organs (i.e. lungs and hearts).

The instructions that come with the this patch mod make it extremely easy and clear how to add it yourself.   Goto your "Minions V4.1" folder under /mods/ and there should be a folder called "Defs" and under that "ThingsDefs_Races".   
(.../mods/Minions V4.1/Defs/ThingsDefs_Races)

There's a file in there called Races_Minion_Base.xml <-- edit this file with any text editor such as Notepad (or Notepad++).     
The second or third line should start with "<ThingDef..."
Simply add ADogSaidBody="LegsArms" to the parameters since minions are humanoid 'animals' with arms and legs, etc. as defined by the patcher's instructions.
If you're unsure, just make that line look like this:
<ThingDef ParentName="BasePawn" Name="MinionThingBase" ADogSaidBody="LegsArms" Abstract="True">

Save the xml file, and reload the game.  You should be able to install animal organs/parts on minions now.

Canute

doh, just this one parameter. Maybe i should read closer, i though i would need to edit each bodypart.

Thanks.

dookie

Quote from: Canute on June 26, 2017, 10:43:04 AM
doh, just this one parameter. Maybe i should read closer, i though i would need to edit each bodypart.

Thanks.

No problem, I was fiddling with the recipes section of that minion Def file before I found this patch mod.  But instead of adding a line for each body part, which might not even work, this mod does all that for you.

After I carefully read the instructions, it became clear that it works by body types.  For example, some animals like dogs have 4 legs and a tail, but minions have 2 arms and 2 legs but no tail.  That's probably why A Dog Said doesn't automatically work for modded animals.  Once you indicate the correct body type for the "ADogSaid" attribute in the ThingDef parameters for a particular animal type, this patch allows you to use A Dog Said animal parts and surgeries on those animals.

Load this patcher mod after A Dog Said and before the mod(s) you want to patch.  In this case, modlist order would be:  ADS, ADS Easy Patcher, then Minions.  (btw, I'm using over a dozen other mods, some of which add other animals, and there's no conflicts)

This way, you can make any mod which adds animals compatible with A Dog Said by just editing one line in the ThingDef.  It's pretty easy stuff, so this patcher is great.  Big thanks to LBE.

witchyspoon

A dog said has been updated today, you might want to look into that.

dookie

Quote from: spoonshortage on June 26, 2017, 01:23:50 PM
A dog said has been updated today, you might want to look into that.

Cool, I saw that earlier.  Thanks for the updates; appreciate the work. :)

I haven't had a chance to test it yet though, but I'm guessing, at the very least, some new features you added won't be working for modded animals until LBEaston updates this patcher as well. 
Otherwise, each animal mod would probably need an update, but unfortunately some of those modders seem somewhat inactive or hadn't bothered putting in A Dog Said compatibility in the first place.

I'll report back later after testing, either in your thread or this one depending on the circumstance.   Thanks again.

TheGooglator

Hey, I think your Google drive link is broken :(
As I run non-steam I can't download :(

-TG

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on June 25, 2017, 08:58:33 AM
Quote from: Walking Problem on June 15, 2017, 06:13:13 PM

=D

Yeap. I finally did it now.

LOL~

Its been a long time, so sorry~ =P

Catch them here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30647.0

And the Minions uses Human body parts, not animals~

Harry_Dicks

Could anyone please post the B18 version? ;D

CrazyMalk

I am posting this here so that skilled modders can see this post and update the mod ._.

Fregrant

That mod is updated to 18 an year ago on steam, but looks like GDrive mirror was not.
Try the attachment.

[attachment deleted due to age]