[1.3] [KV] Show Hair with Hats (AlienRaces now supported) [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, June 13, 2017, 03:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Quote from: Roskii Heiral on October 26, 2017, 05:26:17 PM
Unfortunately, that won't help with my purposes. My main draw to your mod is that you can wear things like sunglasses without your hair disappearing. In my own race mod, I plan on adding a few goggles and gas mask type  headgear. I do really appreciate you looking into it though and hope a solution is found.

I have it working with AlienRaces now.
A18 version: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-showhair/releases/download/A18/ShowHair.zip

A17 will be some work... I'll see if i can get it to work but this may be an A18 thing only

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Diana Winters

Quote from: Kiame on November 01, 2017, 10:56:07 PM
<snip>

I have it working with AlienRaces now.
A18 version: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-showhair/releases/download/20171025/ShowHairAlienRacesSupport.zip

A17 will be some work... I'll see if i can get it to work but this may be an A18 thing only

Damn, she looks baddass  8)

Canute

QuoteDamn, she looks baddass  8)

Thats the drama between fashion and safty on the battlefield.
The Orassan maybe looks better, but after a each battle he would need new ear implants, not to speak about brain damage because the hole for the ear is a hole for the bullet too.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Canute on November 02, 2017, 04:30:17 AM

The Orassan maybe looks better, but after a each battle he would need new ear implants, not to speak about brain damage because the hole for the ear is a hole for the bullet too.

To be fair, I don't think cramming her ears under the cowboy hat would protect them much :p

Nightinggale

Quote from: Canute on November 02, 2017, 04:30:17 AM

Do not overthink small details like that. If you look at some of the games coming out of Japan, the best armor for females usually looks more like a metal bikini than armor, yet it protects better than platemail. Sometimes you just have to enjoy the graphics and not think too much about realism. In this case I actually like the ears because the alternative is hiding them. Add the mod, which adds face protection too and you can no longer tell the race of the pawn. I prefer easy telling of such details over ultra realistic graphics. The screenshot clearly tells me what I want to know while at the same time makes it look good.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Kiame

Checkout "Don't Shave Your Head!" - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36597.0

It's a different approach to what this mod doe. Where this mod will support all hairs/hats DSYH will need to add hair style mods to its supported list for no clipping. It's a larger package for a cleaner approach.

I do plan to continue supporting this. I prefer the hair showing up  :D

Nightinggale

Quote from: Kiame on November 03, 2017, 02:45:08 PMI do plan to continue supporting this. I prefer the hair showing up  :D
Sounds good. It's not easy to say which mod is best. DSYH looks better if it has the needed files, I'm quite sure it will never get 100% support for all hairstyles in all mods. This mod on the other hand will support all hairstyles, but it might not look as good.

There is also the argument that some people prefer the very same hair at all time, even if it doesn't look perfect. Say you have a woman with long braids and that's how you recognize her. If that's the case, you want the braids clearly visible even if she is wearing a full helmet. It's kind of like the Greek goddess Athene. She is always wearing a helmet and she is the only woman to do so. Often she is wearing one too small, which she has on top of her head like a crown. It's silly and nobody will ever wear a helmet like that, but it serves the purpose just fine, which is to make the viewer instantly aware of who it is.

So yeah, the best mod is.. well it depends on....  ;)
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: Kiame on November 03, 2017, 02:45:08 PM
Checkout "Don't Shave Your Head!" - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34958.0

It's a different approach to what this mod doe. Where this mod will support all hairs/hats DSYH will need to add hair style mods to its supported list for no clipping. It's a larger package for a cleaner approach.

I do plan to continue supporting this. I prefer the hair showing up  :D

Many thanks for recogniton!
Also yeah, you should continue supporting your mod. I think that both mods have slightly different approach to the topic of disappearing hair, and more options is better for everyone, right? :)

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 03, 2017, 03:57:26 PM
I'm quite sure it will never get 100% support for all hairstyles in all mods.

Oh, you think so? Hold my beer! :D
(Honestly though, it's true.)

Kiame

Update:
(A18) Fixing a bug where selected hats to hide hair were not being loaded at game start.

Critical

Is there a reason why this mod doesn't seem to work with FashionRIMsta? The items added by that mod appear in the exclusion menus in Show Hair but checking/unchecking them doesn't do anything.

Syrchalis

Thanks, playing 1.0 with every colonist having helmets on is killing me. I actually can tolerate the helmets if you can see the hair, wondering if I'll disable all hats once again or stick with the hat+hair style.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Bones

Quote from: Syrchalis on June 29, 2018, 12:03:16 PM
Thanks, playing 1.0 with every colonist having helmets on is killing me. I actually can tolerate the helmets if you can see the hair, wondering if I'll disable all hats once again or stick with the hat+hair style.

Hmm.. a mod that makes helmet (excluding hats) appear only when drafted maybe could help..

Kiame

Hmm i could see if i can add it so helmets are only visible when drafted