[B19] ResearchPal and HelpTab

Started by notfood, June 13, 2017, 10:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BTAxis

Quote from: wwWraith on June 18, 2017, 01:19:52 PM
Regarding HelpTab: there are still some useful stats missing, i.e. min handling skill for animals.

Also warm-up time, damage and range for weaponry. Those are kind of important.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

SpaceDorf

I have an Example for Two Researches being on top of each other.

Brewing is not visible below the medical tech research, both get displayed on mouse-over but only brewing gets selected on click.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

notfood

I see... The tab separations will help.

hoaxdream

Quote from: notfood on June 17, 2017, 01:01:48 PM
Update for ResearchPal. It now has an option to pause on open and it shows research tech level on hover for those researches above your own tech level.

ResearchPal 0.17.1.2

it still doesn't show on hover, i mean the progress bar, like when researching hydroponics it shows 700, but it doesn't show the progress, like if it's 300/700,400/700 and so on, is it possible to add this as i want to see the number of current progress

Der Failer

There seems to be a problem with RP + HT and Zombieland.

In the main menu:
Exception from long event: System.InvalidOperationException: The comparer threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at HelpTab.HelpDef.CompareTo (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.Comparer`1+DefaultComparer[HelpTab.HelpDef].Compare (HelpTab.HelpDef x, HelpTab.HelpDef y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.compare[HelpDef] (HelpTab.HelpDef value1, HelpTab.HelpDef value2, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.qsort[HelpDef,HelpDef] (HelpTab.HelpDef[] keys, HelpTab.HelpDef[] items, Int32 low0, Int32 high0, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.Sort[HelpDef,HelpDef] (HelpTab.HelpDef[] keys, HelpTab.HelpDef[] items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Array.Sort[HelpDef,HelpDef] (HelpTab.HelpDef[] keys, HelpTab.HelpDef[] items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.Sort[HelpDef] (HelpTab.HelpDef[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[HelpTab.HelpDef].Sort () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HelpTab.HelpCategoryDef.Recache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HelpTab.HelpBuilder.ResolveReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HelpTab.HelpBuilder.ResolveImpliedDefs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Ingame after right clicking a research:
Exception filling window for ResearchPal.MainTabWindow_ResearchTree: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[HelpCategoryDef] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[HelpCategoryDef] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HelpTab.MainTabWindow_ModHelp.JumpTo (HelpTab.HelpDef helpDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HelpTab.MainTabWindow_ModHelp.JumpTo (Verse.Def def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchPal.ResearchPalMod.JumpToHelp (Verse.Def def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchPal.Node.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchPal.MainTabWindow_ResearchTree.DrawTree (Rect canvas) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchPal.MainTabWindow_ResearchTree.DoWindowContents (Rect canvas) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4.<>m__1B1 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Alignment was UpperRight at end of frame.

Full log

alt0215

BlackSmokeDMax

notfood

It can be found in HardcoreSK github repo.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: notfood on July 02, 2017, 08:57:25 PM
It can be found in HardcoreSK github repo.

Ah, so it was separate! Told someone else to check there, but never found out myself if it was there or not. So, was never sure if it was separate or bundled in with CoreSK or something else. Good to know!

Spiders Everywhere

Think I found an issue: The "Basic prosthetics" research project from EPOE isn't visible in ResearchPal - perhaps because the project currently doesn't unlock anything?

aleido58

@Spiders Everywhere, check if its on top of another research in my case was on top of barbed wire. Maybe not what you have going on but...
My case was similar to the issue SpaceDorf reported few post above.

Spiders Everywhere

Quote from: aleido58 on July 04, 2017, 04:58:01 AM
@Spiders Everywhere, check if its on top of another research in my case was on top of barbed wire. Maybe not what you have going on but...
My case was similar to the issue SpaceDorf reported few post above.

Oh, you're right, it was under Plumbing, along with Medieval Medical Care.

stigma

HelpTab is REALLY useful.

Lots of large mods currently have little to no documentation, wikis ect. so this actually let's you look stuff up (and know it is up to date because it's taking the info straight from the XML as I understand it). This helped me a lot get to grips with mods that add a lot of new stuff - like vegetable garden. Just browsing the recipe list I could easily get an idea of what foods were good for what.

I really love that you can click links to follow them to the relevant page. It saves a lot of manual clicking and typing.
What I miss however is a button to "backtrack" to the previous page you were on. The same as the "back" button in a modern browser essentially. Without this I find myself having to go back to a page I was on a second ago over and over again and it gets old very fast.

Maybe there already is a button I don't know about? Or maybe one can be added without too much trouble? Sounds like a relatively uncomplicated feature code-wise unless hooking a button is a problem (even a mouse-clickable one would be great through).

-Stigma

notfood

That's a good idea. I'll see what I can do.

stigma

Quote from: notfood on July 06, 2017, 02:23:34 AM
That's a good idea. I'll see what I can do.

:D :D :D
Sign me up as a betatester senpai!

EDIT: May I suggest backspace if that doesn't conflict with anything? That follows conventions from a lot of browsers and should thus be intuitive.

-Stigma