[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

Quote from: Mst on December 25, 2017, 10:04:22 PM
Quote from: Linq on December 25, 2017, 11:21:45 AM
FYI, Prepare Carefully does not work when Psychology's sexuality changes are disabled and the error is on PC's end, not this mod's.

At last I know what was the problem when Prepare Carefully did not work.

What's the deal with the elections? Do I have to have some more colonists for it to start? Right now I've got four pawns and almost five years into the colony but nothing happens. Could it also be due to disabled Psychology's sexuality?

No. You must meet the following conditions for an election to be held:
- Elections enabled in the settings.
- Colony is more than a year old.
- At least 7 colonists on the map.
- Quadrum is Septober.

wwWraith

Recently my 2 pawns had a single "conversation about a disagreement between them" that gave them additional -149/-110 opinions. I'm not complaining, just asking to be sure: is such big numbers intended?

But I'll complain a bit about "hangouts" ;) The situations when only 1 pawn "hanging out" goes to the gathering spot while second just stays where (s)he was, probably in a middle of nowhere on the other side of the map, are still a common thing.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Madman666

Quote from: wwWraith on December 27, 2017, 09:35:53 AM
But I'll complain a bit about "hangouts" ;) The situations when only 1 pawn "hanging out" goes to the gathering spot while second just stays where (s)he was, probably in a middle of nowhere on the other side of the map, are still a common thing.

Yep, I am constantly getting that as well. Although in my case, two pawns are just stuck, wherever they were before starting their "hang out with someone" thingy. It doesn't break anything, but is sure looks hella weird.

crusader2010

So, is anyone using Psychology, Hospitality, Prepare Carefully, Rainbeau's Consolidated Traits and Rainbeau's More Trait Slots successfully (i.e. in a way that the mods complement each other and that all traits are available from Prepare carefully)?

If yes, could you please post your load order? :)

Thanks!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

wwWraith

crusader2010:
Quote from: Linq on December 25, 2017, 11:21:45 AM
FYI, Prepare Carefully does not work when Psychology's sexuality changes are disabled and the error is on PC's end, not this mod's.

Also just noticed a strange thing. I've got a pawn with the "Pretty" trait but looks like there is no effect from it (other pawns have no bonus opinion for her, they are not "Openminded" or whatever). Is it caused by Psychology or I should look something other? At least other mods that I'm using don't mention Pretty in their XMLs.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

System.Linq

It is factored into romance chance and the effects of conversations. It is not a flat bonus/penalty anymore.

JinxVanAshke

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 27, 2017, 11:16:51 AM
So, is anyone using Psychology, Hospitality, Prepare Carefully, Rainbeau's Consolidated Traits and Rainbeau's More Trait Slots successfully (i.e. in a way that the mods complement each other and that all traits are available from Prepare carefully)?

Thanks!

The entire list is long but out of the ones you asked I have it
Hospitality
PC
CT
MT
Psychology

and I am pretty sure I get all the options.

Spaykers

Hello  My colonist start to electing a mayor after 5 years without one.....i was so impatient and now...nothing , no election and still no mayor . How can i toggle an other election ???or just set a mayor by using the dev tool . ? if yes, what's the name of the tool ?

crusader2010

Quote from: JinxVanAshke on December 27, 2017, 02:52:42 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on December 27, 2017, 11:16:51 AM

Thanks!

The entire list is long but out of the ones you asked I have it
Hospitality
PC
CT
MT
Psychology

and I am pretty sure I get all the options.

It works perfectly :) thank you!

crusader2010

Hello,

I'm getting the following console exception:

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.JobGiver_SpendTimeTogether.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch1(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

MRBOSSJEFF

Quote from: Spaykers on December 27, 2017, 08:25:33 PM
Hello  My colonist start to electing a mayor after 5 years without one.....i was so impatient and now...nothing , no election and still no mayor . How can i toggle an other election ???or just set a mayor by using the dev tool . ? if yes, what's the name of the tool ?

Do you have a colony with a permanant season like summer, winter, etc. That is currently what is happening with me right now and I waited over a year (5502-5504) for an election but nothing. it might go by seasons idk :/

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: MRBOSSJEFF on January 04, 2018, 09:37:14 AM
Quote from: Spaykers on December 27, 2017, 08:25:33 PM

Do you have a colony with a permanant season like summer, winter, etc. That is currently what is happening with me right now and I waited over a year (5502-5504) for an election but nothing. it might go by seasons idk :/

I'm fairly certain that I recently read that this was addressed. I think the author changed it so that elections are in Septober, so that games without season changes will still have elections.

MRBOSSJEFF

Oh, Have you had any elections for mayorship in your colony? I also installed the mod around 5501-5502 in my game and disabled elections for a moment. That may be the reason why me and spaykers have not had any elections.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: MRBOSSJEFF on January 05, 2018, 11:46:18 AM
Oh, Have you had any elections for mayorship in your colony? I also installed the mod around 5501-5502 in my game and disabled elections for a moment. That may be the reason why me and spaykers have not had any elections.

I've only had one game with Psychology that I played for I think 6 ingame years, but yes I had elections no problem. The only thing I wasn't sure about though, was that my first mayor, Priscilla, never got replaced as mayor after new elections started. I could see that the election and "getting to know the candidates" phase was going, but I never got a prompt or message or anything saying that Priscilla had won re-election or anything. I'm not sure if you are supposed to get a notification though if you keep going with the same mayor. I can't say if it was bugged or not, because Priscilla had the highest social skill, and a bunch of other really high skills if I am remembering correctly, which made it seem like it was more than likely, to me, that she should win re-election anyway. But I will say I was a bit curious if that was a bug or not, that she never got replaced after so many years.

Do you think you could maybe have term limits? Or a mod option for them? Also, extending this further, I really, really think it would be incredibly awesome if you had "cliques" among the colonists. Like maybe all the night crew start bonding together, but they don't like the day crew, who the mayor is a part of (on my games I just make the mayor's schedule be anything for the whole day, so they can do the meetings and such.) So after awhile of building animosity, they can start a coup. That could be like a colony wide social fight or something. Everyone that's part of either of the two cliques would start fighting anyone in their vicinity from the opposing clique. Neutral pawns could try to break things up, or maybe arrest the leaders of the cliques. Oh, leaders for each clique! Internal clique coups! Ahhh, that could spiral out of control I imagine. Either way, it's fun to dream it! ;)

PapaRockett

Mayors are not being elected in my games. Is this a known issue?

Also, dates seem to be getting cancelled automatically