[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

God, people still complain about prepare carefully not working. How the hell it worked fine all this time for me? Not a single error, besides usual prepare carefully bugs.

Mst

Quote from: Madman666 on January 20, 2018, 05:32:48 PM
God, people still complain about prepare carefully not working. How the hell it worked fine all this time for me? Not a single error, besides usual prepare carefully bugs.

Perhaps it works fine for you because you haven't disabled modded sexuality. For the rest of us who did it makes them incompatible as far as I know (at least it did for me). Not a huge loss but this info is nowhere to be found and people have no idea what went wrong. The author casually mentioned it in one of his posts so it's pretty hard to find for not regular readers.

In my opinion if this conflict is really the case this should be highlighted in the first post. The problem is quite common and people have no idea where to look for it's cause. I wasted a day trying to figure it out. Maybe I am not smart enough but I consider it not so friendly approach especially if so many people have been affected by this for quite a long time. I mean no disrespect to the author, I really appreciate the great work he has done but this issue could be solved with just a few words in the compatibility chapter.

System.Linq

It is a problem on Prepare Carefully's end. It is in PC's code. It is that modder's problem. Psychology does not break PC. That falls under the "usual prepare carefully bugs." It is a Prepare Carefully bug. It is not a Psychology bug. I have no power to fix it.

It is already in the first post of the bug thread on the Workshop, which is the thread I actually read.

Mst

I'm not saying it's your fault or that you should somehow fix it. Just share your knowledge and problem is solved. No more complains piling up in this thread and people now know what to do with the issue they having. Just few words would suffice. People here would much appreciate it.

Haven't visited the steam forum. That's a miss on my part but I guess so is on everyone else's posting this issue here. So why not just paste the part about the conflict from workshop here? Or state that the workshop thread is the one to look into if you don't want to update this one? Either way it would take even less characters you just used to reply me.

System.Linq

Providing information about something does not stop people from posting questions about it anyway.

From the OP: "I recommend you download from the Steam Workshop"

Mst

True that.
Well I guess you know better what to do, I just voiced my concerns. Did not want some miserly conflict to discourage people from enjoying such a great mod. Some folks were so desperate they PMed me when they saw I had the same issue.

Ed.
I saw that line but it did not gave me the idea that I should rely on workshop threads rather than on this one. Maybe it's just me.

System.Linq

I don't necessarily take the option that is "better." Just more convenient for me. I do this for fun.

Glad you enjoy the mod, though, and that you were able to figure out your problem. That was quite clever of you to do.

ridjack

Quote from: Madman666 on January 19, 2018, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: Linq on January 19, 2018, 05:21:57 PM
Minor breaks have a 7.5% base chance, minus how Laid-back the pawn is.

3 hits with 7.5%? I definitely should go play roulette. It was a rather crappy climate cycle run, so I guess it was inevitable at some point. Still 7.5% for a minor break to get a semi-permanent (thank god) condition you can't get rid of without lategame items is a bit harsh. Thats not counting laid-back value though. So taking that into account probably fine? I think with my rotten luck I'll get it even with 0.1% so I might as well get used to it =))

I really don't think it's just you. I'm also getting anxiety more times than not.

Madman666

So after latest update which supposed to fix pawns hanging out together bugs I get errors each time they do it, which look like this:

Tried to use the same driver for 2 pawns: RimWorld.JobDriver_SocialRelax, first pawn= Celani, second pawn=Fellers
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Job:GetCachedDriver(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Job:TryMakePreToilReservations(Pawn)
Psychology.JobGiver_SpendTimeTogether:TryGiveJob(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch1(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Pawns themselves are just standing on a single same tile and do nothing. I wasn't encountering this error earlier.

System.Linq

Hmm, thanks for the report. I've never seen such an error before and didn't encounter it in my testing. I will look into it.

ridjack

Quote from: Madman666 on January 21, 2018, 04:29:01 PM
So after latest update which supposed to fix pawns hanging out together bugs I get errors each time they do it, which look like this:

Tried to use the same driver for 2 pawns: RimWorld.JobDriver_SocialRelax, first pawn= Celani, second pawn=Fellers
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Job:GetCachedDriver(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Job:TryMakePreToilReservations(Pawn)
Psychology.JobGiver_SpendTimeTogether:TryGiveJob(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch1(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Pawns themselves are just standing on a single same tile and do nothing. I wasn't encountering this error earlier.

Someone was having a similar-sounding issue in the Psychology thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.msg392784#msg392784

Obviously don't know if it's related at all, but thought I'd offer the info regardless.

Harry_Dicks

Linq could you please tell us in what ways is this mod incompatible with Children and Pregnancy, and HelpTab? Or could you give any examples of specific conflicts between either of these mods? Also I am curious about how this mod affects performance. Could you tell us anything about how much you think your mod affects performance, and/or have you done any tests related to performance, or would you have any sort of generalized comments you could say about it? I ask because I was looking at the mod MakeWarNotLove, which strips out the social system entirely. This leads me to think that the social system could be a fair chunk of the CPU load in vanilla, and if so, could you give me a sort of "rough estimate" of how much more your mod adds in, in comparison to just the vanilla social system?

I understand these might sound like silly questions, but I am very curious. Thanks for all of your hard work, and also for your time :)

Kori

I'm not Linq, but HelpTab disables various surgery options such as treating anxiety or depression.

About CaP I'd like to know, too. I use both mods together for some time now and haven't encountered any issues, so I assumed the incompatibility warning is outdated. That's what I hope at least.  ;)

Harry_Dicks

That's too bad, because HelpTab has become one of my absolute must haves. Especially for looking up the information for new objects added from mods, this tool is indispensable. Well, if it doesn't affect performance too bad, I might re enable this mod, even with the few surgeries disabled. I remember before I was having performance issues. It wasn't just this mod in particular, but it was one among a list of what I kind of guessed was contributing a significant portion to my slowdown.

Anyway, is there anything us users can do on our end to remedy the missing surgeries? Also, are those the only known things to be affected in Psychology while using HelpTab?

Ruisuki

is there a marker able to be set similar to the caravan mod? So I can make an office for the mayor instead of having everyone in the persons bedroom.

What about an election spot for when the votes take place?