RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimyoda

Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

christhekiller

QuoteTrainables do not show on the training ITab if they can never be done by the selected animal.

Oh god, the iTab? I was really hoping Apple would of been destroyed in some great civil war centuries ago by this point

Dr. Z

Could you please let us see the stats of a chased refugee? Would really help in deciding who to take and avoid the annoying mood penalty for captured or killed colonist because the new guy wasn't good enough for the colony. It's especially unpleasant when you have to go across the whole map burying a random refugee which dissapointet you and was left to die.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Shinzy

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 15, 2015, 12:02:03 PM
Could you please let us see the stats of a chased refugee? Would really help in deciding who to take and avoid the annoying mood penalty for captured or killed colonist because the new guy wasn't good enough for the colony. It's especially unpleasant when you have to go across the whole map burying a random refugee which dissapointet you and was left to die.

*Czhsshchh*
"Hello? Do I have Colony? ..Yes, hello, I'm Terry "Tipsy" Fredriksson! I am on the run from the banger faction
I have Cataracts, dementia, bad back and I absolutely refuse to haul anything.
I'm extremely volatile, abrasive and neurotic and I've lost my both arms. Could you hel- ..hello? Colony? are you there? hello?"

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 15, 2015, 12:02:03 PM-Snippets of Dr.Z-

Why not accept them, bring them to a location close to the colony but far enough away to keep the debuffs away, and use that colonist to lure the enemies into a trap. Especially if said colonist is caught in the cross fire! 
Claims to know most things.

b0rsuk

You can get a pretty good idea by reading description. You get the profession and age. If age is above 50, bad back, frail, or a cataract is likely. Anyone above 80 is a wreck in Rimworld.

Dr. Z

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 15, 2015, 06:59:32 PM
You can get a pretty good idea by reading description. You get the profession and age. If age is above 50, bad back, frail, or a cataract is likely. Anyone above 80 is a wreck in Rimworld.

Yeah, but the description gives you no idea about the skills, traits and incapabilities the person haves. I have a clear plan which colonists for which tasks I want and I have some no goes which can't be balanced by any skills.
Of course if the description says joywire artist I know it's probably not worth the try but in many cases it's not that clearly which leads to said fussiness.
Prasie the Squirrel!

A Friend

How about this:

1. The refugee just asks if you will protect them. They don't join yet.

2. Once the request is accepted the refugee goes into your base like a visitor and may either just hide there or help you fight.

3. When all the chasing enemies are killed, incapped, or fled. The refugee thanks you for your help and asks if he can join. You pretty much had enough time to check his stats to decide. (Suggestion: The refugee may not ask to join afterwards but instead may leave behind an item. A large amount of silver, some plasteel, or perhaps a high-quality weapon or just be an ungrateful little asshole and give you nothing for your gracious rescue and you butcher him and sell him off as leather and meat.)
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Dr. Z

Well then you would still have to decide wether to fight or not fight the cahsing pirates without knowing if the colonist is worth it. But I like the idea of the refugee dropping something valuable in exchange.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Serviette Union

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 16, 2015, 08:10:57 AM
Well then you would still have to decide wether to fight or not fight the cahsing pirates without knowing if the colonist is worth it.

As it should be.

CB elite

Shinzy and b0rsuk describe why we aren't given too much information perfectly ;D

You have to remember: you're running a colony trying to survive, not a business looking for "suitable employees" ;)

If you're looking for a specific set of skills, turn your attention to raiders. When a raid begins, look at each raider's characteristics. If you happen to come across an individual which you might have use of, do your best to incap and recruit them to your colony. That's what I do.

I honestly don't think the refugee chased event needs to be changed at all, and suggestions for change should probably be started in the suggestions forum under a new topic :P

TLHeart

The name, ludditte, or settler, or artist tells you the skills they have, and age tells you about what level of skills, and injuries... enough for me to make an informed decision.

Coenmcj

If I recall correctly, this was actually a requested feature, something about people finding it silly that they knew exactly what the refugee's stats and story was about, before they made the decision.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

milon

I've just got to say it...

Quote from: ChangelogAug 17: Lots of fixes and adjustments.
Aug 16: Some Sunday bugfixing.
Aug 15: Lots of bugfixes. Updated elk graphics with antlers for males.
Aug 14: Misc fixes.

SoonTM

Play2Jens

Quote from: milon on August 18, 2015, 12:48:11 PM
I've just got to say it...

Quote from: ChangelogAug 17: Lots of fixes and adjustments.
Aug 16: Some Sunday bugfixing.
Aug 15: Lots of bugfixes. Updated elk graphics with antlers for males.
Aug 14: Misc fixes.

SoonTM

I'm going to warn you. Alpha 12 is going to ruin your social life.