RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

Remotely opening and closing autodoors sounds crazy. Leave a stone autodoor open, inviting enemies inside. Once they're in, close it and switch on the heaters. Use wooden floor for best results.

Wolfen Waffle

Quote from: Ketzal on May 06, 2015, 10:06:48 AM
Quote from: skullywag on May 06, 2015, 03:40:17 AM
RimWolves, accustomed to human meat so much they ignore animals in favour of finding a tasty human....me likes.

As long as they "finish" the job.  Berserk animals maim till unconscious and then move on to next prey.  Wolves should devour.

This.
Tynan!

RickyMartini

I'd like to see the wolves eat off the limbs of a colonist first and then devouring him. Would be a nice new way to raise the need to buy prosthetic parts.

stefanstr

The recent entries suggest a "smarter combat AI" Alpha. I am very interested to see what comes out of it.

Listen1

Great, more enemies! And now... reaaally can't tell how to defeat Mechanoids.

I'm in an open colony, and it's really nice. Now there will be wolves roaming our streets, mechanoids that will act smarter, an alphabeaver psychotic wave manhunting our colonies... If they can chew through a tree, imagine what they would do with a leg...

A wolf leather chair will be awesome.

Rahjital

Centipedes can easily be defeated by a single sniper, though it may take some time... Scythers die rather handily to charge rifles and grenades, too. I'm more concerned about this:

QuoteEnemies flee from turrets that are about to explode.

Pirate slasher groups are going to be scarily effective against unprotected turrets. Open colonies beware!

RickyMartini

• All pawns will do job interrupt checks when taking damage, and they do interrupt checks more often and more intelligently during combat. Result: now it's pretty much impossible to cheese units like Centipedes, landing many shots as they struggle to get to their destination.
  • Enemies flee from turrets that are about to explode.
  • Enemies no longer take unpowered turrets as primary targets (though they'll still opportunistically trash them).

• Refinements and refactoring to enemy combat AI.

^ some old killbox defense strategies totally got wrecked today. I already love a11

b0rsuk

QuoteEnemies flee from turrets that are about to explode.
!!!!

TLHeart

unpowered turret no longer an effective distraction when taking down the evil ship. 

Kill boxes will still be useful, just no longer automatic, with no help from the colonists.

Boboid

Interested to see how these changes work in practice. "Fleeing" from turrets could either mean "Immediately change targets" or " Actually flee and don't acquire targets for a while ".
Either way it'll be interesting to see where I can get raiders to walk when avoiding turrets, suspect that there are some hilarious collapsible roof tactics available now.

The centipede change is nice - still wish their melee was toned down a bit, it'll be literally impossible to melee them (without immediately having your torso crushed ) now.
Doesn't feel like an exceptionally slow blobby centipede should be so effective in melee combat.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

ZestyLemons

Quote from: TLHeart on May 08, 2015, 09:53:18 AM
unpowered turret no longer an effective distraction when taking down the evil ship. 

Kill boxes will still be useful, just no longer automatic, with no help from the colonists.

From the changelog:
- Refactored raid styles into encapsulated RaidStrategyDefs.
- Working on improving raid AI to not fall into traps over and over...

I wonder what kind of new strats the AI will use. Mining into your mountain base? Breaching an outer wall with explosives?

Definitely interested to see how this is implemented.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

RemingtonRyder

<3 A11. Although I have the feeling colonists will hate it.

TLHeart

Quote from: ZestyLemons on May 09, 2015, 06:09:31 AM
Quote from: TLHeart on May 08, 2015, 09:53:18 AM

From the changelog:
- Refactored raid styles into encapsulated RaidStrategyDefs.
- Working on improving raid AI to not fall into traps over and over...

I wonder what kind of new strats the AI will use. Mining into your mountain base? Breaching an outer wall with explosives?

Definitely interested to see how this is implemented.

yes it will be, but a kill zone will still be the way to survive. Any good defense includes kill zones, and no matter what tynan programs, we humans will adapt and over come. Glad to see that we will have to adapt.

Tynan

Quote from: ZestyLemons on May 09, 2015, 06:09:31 AM

This is indeed the plan! I've currently got them avoiding turret fields of fire. Next up is setting up a sapper AI that will path through walls, around danger areas, and carve a way into your base with mining or explosives. Also, avoiding spots in field of fire of locations where your colonists killed raiders before.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skullywag

I can feel the OCD rage incoming...all those perfectly sheltered mountain bases with their 1 thick shells, raiders will tunnel through actual rock right?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?