RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfen Waffle

>Reworked how slave prices are calculated so they take injuries, capacities, and skills into account better.

Does this mean that I can sell my 16 yr old raider girl prisoner with a recruitment difficulty of 99 at a more reasonable price?
Would they even mind that she has one leg?

nmid

Sappers now avoid mining through high-health ores and barriers.

What are barriers?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

RickyMartini

Quote from: nmid on June 26, 2015, 02:50:27 AM
What are barriers?

Maybe he just meant plasteel ores and plasteel walls since they take forever to destroy.

Tynan

Quote from: Skissor on June 26, 2015, 12:17:01 PM
Quote from: nmid on June 26, 2015, 02:50:27 AM
What are barriers?

Maybe he just meant plasteel ores and plasteel walls since they take forever to destroy.

Yes exactly. Also uranium and other tough ores.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

nmid

Cool.

So how exactly does that work.. based on some fixed hp value or the type/name of the ore?

If it's based on hp, the concrete wall or other modded high hp walls would trigger the no-attack flag for sappers... which would bring us back to stage 1 where players can just line the outsides of their bases with these walls.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

wclancy09

Quote from: nmid on June 26, 2015, 12:47:35 PM
Cool.

So how exactly does that work.. based on some fixed hp value or the type/name of the ore?

If it's based on hp, the concrete wall or other modded high hp walls would trigger the no-attack flag for sappers... which would bring us back to stage 1 where players can just line the outsides of their bases with these walls.

I would imagine it'd be more like a weighted limit - so if there was a "softer" material within a short range of the intended route, then that would be the more likely path. If no such material existed within a reasonable distance, then they'd still go straight through the harder material. If that is the case, it could still conceivably be used to create a sort of funnel, maybe by using a combination of plasteel walls, with occasional singular sections of wood, but it'd be much more difficult to use that to design a single killbox than it was before.

falcongrey

I don't know why... but reading this made me feel sad:
QuoteJune 26

Several bugfixes.
    Started Steam Workshop integration.

I waited to purchase for so long for the Steam integration so I would have a Steam key and access to the Steam Workshop... and finally gave in and bought it this month only now it's coming and I likely won't have the Steam key.  :'(
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

skullywag

Having not created any workshop based mods, does anyone know what it means for us modders? Does it change anything for us or is it all Tynan?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

akiceabear

QuoteI likely won't have the Steam key.

No jumping to conclusions! Tynan has said he can't promise Steam keys, but that he will try to distribute them to those that purchased during the interim. He can't explicitly promise due to Valve's policies, not his own.

Kelian

Any idea when we will be able to craft ranged weapons?

Also would be nice to grow agave in a zone.

Jimyoda

Quote from: Kelian on June 29, 2015, 11:08:21 PM

By ranged weapons I don't suppose you mean bows and pila, which can already be crafted.
Assuming you mean crafting modern/advanced weapons, I believe that will never happen in vanilla.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: skullywag on June 29, 2015, 03:56:52 AM
Having not created any workshop based mods, does anyone know what it means for us modders? Does it change anything for us or is it all Tynan?

Without giving too much away, submitting mods may well become laughably easy. Currently we have the rigmarole of zipping up the mod folder, uploading the mod to, for example, Dropbox, and then posting the link to that file. With workshop, all those steps will become redundant.  Redundant I tell you! It will be glorious. :D

Seriously though, if you still want to distribute mods the non-workshop way, you can. Rimworld won't mind where the mods come from, unless of course they conflict.

Kelian

Quote from: Jimyoda on June 29, 2015, 11:36:45 PM
Quote from: Kelian on June 29, 2015, 11:08:21 PM

By ranged weapons I don't suppose you mean bows and pila, which can already be crafted.
Assuming you mean crafting modern/advanced weapons, I believe that will never happen in vanilla.

Yes, exactly, I was referring to the sniper rifle, assault rifle, pistol etc. Like a gun-smithing bench. It seemed like the logical next step since we can do all of the primitive and melee weapons in the game.

After that I would hope armor-smithing for armor vests, power armor and whatever else is added to the game between now and the future builds.

The beauty of rimworld is that you can add so much to this game :)

Making a zone to grow agave would be easy enough yes?

harpo99999

all you ned to make agave growable is to alter it to planatable (and if you want to hydroponic it as well) is to copy the plants def into a new mod and edit in the extra planatable types

milon

Quote from: Kelian on June 30, 2015, 02:01:58 AM
Making a zone to grow agave would be easy enough yes?

You can do it with a mod, but you can also do it without a mod.  You just need there to be agave growing on the map.  Cut EVERY growing thing within 10ish squares that's not agave and let it spread.

Back in my day, we used to survive on wild strawberries & agave alone, and we liked it! /oldman