RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cimanyd

Trading? Who needs trading?
  • Integrated boomalope.
This is all any RimWorld player could want or ever have wanted.

• Integrated boomalope.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Shinzy

Coenmcj

Quote from: THE LOG OF IMPENDING DOOOOOMJuly 31
Integrated boomalope.

This + taming animals is why raiders can't have nice things.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

christhekiller

You guys keep talking about Boomaloopes but look

Improvements to trade interface: better layout, expands vertically to use all screen space, increment/decrement buttons and launch/drop all buttons added.

milon

Both are awesome, however:

Taming > Trade

Thane

Trade>Taming

Taming is a new feature who knows how good it will be in the first iteration. No offense Ty I like to keep my expectations low so I can be all the more impressed on release.

This trading interface change will get rid of my biggest pet peeve: Dragging 100 or more parkas and 100 tribal tunics to the exotic goods trader. Seriously 5 minutes just to take out the trash before I get to the candy (bionics and organs.) I can also set up automatic trades for my surpluses of human meat and leather, which is seriously amazing money, I will never burn all the corpses again.

All in all this will let me set up for the late game so I can focus on what I want to BUY rather than having to drag 250 items into the sell panel first.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

White_Night

Hey tynan, will there be random starts at some point?
I would love to see that because at the moment i always choose the easy starts and want/need to be forced to play in the harder areas  ;)
Maybe with the option of still choosing your survivors and only areas are random? You could just place a "random button" in the choice making menus.

It would be more immersiv for me this way! I mean would crashing from space give you the option that you can still choose which and where people will survive/crash?

Bobthefarmer1

Is there a change log record for Piotr Like there is of yours, Tynan? I find it interesting to read when I have a few minutes here and there.

Daman453

Quote from: Bobthefarmer1 on August 05, 2015, 07:13:28 PM
Is there a change log record for Piotr Like there is of yours, Tynan? I find it interesting to read when I have a few minutes here and there.

This is his work log, where we get what is going to happen in the next update https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ma3kFSDZHA4aE_7SSw8CyKCccWF4Dfj0KDQ_A8UB-hI/pub
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

puddlejumper448

Quote from: White_Night on August 05, 2015, 03:43:15 AM
Hey tynan, will there be random starts at some point?
I would love to see that because at the moment i always choose the easy starts and want/need to be forced to play in the harder areas  ;)
Maybe with the option of still choosing your survivors and only areas are random? You could just place a "random button" in the choice making menus.

It would be more immersiv for me this way! I mean would crashing from space give you the option that you can still choose which and where people will survive/crash?

You can already do random, the default world size is 200x150, Random number both of those and then on the landing site selection, where it tells you temp, rainfall, elevation, etc. there are "Debug Coordinates" (http://i.imgur.com/ey0EnXC.png Example [Don't want to clog the thread with an embed]). The 200 is Horizontal and the 150 is vertical, just use your numbers and find it on the map. I recommend rolling 3 times though so you don't have to minimize if it puts you in the ocean.

That being said, it is a lot of steps to take everytime, I would love a button that does it also.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Change log of impending Friendship :DColonists start with a random pet.

if you're in the mood for Easter eggs Tynan, perhaps a snowman titled Sir Percival in colder biomes?

Also, are the Pets related at all to the biomes you land in? Or is it just going to be luck of the draw, for story of course?
It would be a terrible shame to land on an ice sheet with a pet camel.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Tumuel

When you say "Colonists start with a random pet" do you mean all colonists? I hate to think of starting every game with 3 animals to deal with, and even more to come with all the other people who get involved.
Do you mean just the starting 3 colonists? or do you mean the 3 starting colonists get one pet between them?
As you can probably imagine I am intensely confused as to what that sentence means...

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Tumuel on August 06, 2015, 04:37:11 AM
When you say "Colonists start with a random pet" do you mean all colonists? I hate to think of starting every game with 3 animals to deal with, and even more to come with all the other people who get involved.
Do you mean just the starting 3 colonists? or do you mean the 3 starting colonists get one pet between them?
As you can probably imagine I am intensely confused as to what that sentence means...

Yeah, I'm uncertain that's a good game design decision, but we'll see how it turns out.

Shinzy

Quote from: Tumuel on August 06, 2015, 04:37:11 AM

'colonists' plural 'a random pet' singularrll!
your crashlanding trio starts with a friendly llama
it'll be mercilessly spitting your colonists in the eye instead of helping with any of the start up duties like hauling and stuff that take most of the time in the initial setting up shop after landing phase

and I think it'll be fun!

Play2Jens

We'll see how it turns out! I'm just wondering... will alpha 12 have fences, to hold the animals or just as decoration? and would raiders/colonists be able to use it as cover/jump over it?