RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

I see what you mean, Coen. That might be plausible. He's probably working with the professors and top NEWTs in creating new spells. I mean, I'm sure not all wizards and witches like Quidditch. Some may want to play Skyrim or something. Without electricity in the castle, they'll need some sort of virtual reality spell.

Maybe turning the entire Room of Requirement into a holodeck.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

forsaken1111

Teovald

Quote from: TLHeart on September 14, 2015, 07:12:38 PM
Quote from: Psyckosama on September 14, 2015, 06:57:06 PM
Quote from: TLHeart on September 14, 2015, 04:20:17 AMyes for 6 months

Seriously?

yes, it is all in the blog posts. He started vacation September 1, for 6 months.

I had to search a bit to find it but sure enough : 

[/quote]
So I think Alpha 12 will be an important update, but it will take some time. It might not be finished before the end of August, in which case it'll have to wait until 2016 (since I'm taking a break starting in September). I considered just releasing what we have but I really don't want to release animal husbandry in a half-done state. I want you to experience the glory of it all at once.
[/quote]

from  : 
https://ludeon.com/blog/2015/07/quick-update-upcoming-developments/

@tynan : It would probably be a good idea to post a post on your devblog about this break.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Teovald on September 20, 2015, 07:21:31 AM
@tynan : It would probably be a good idea to post a post on your devblog about this break.

Some people skip the blog and go straight to the forums, a stickied thread In General on top of it would allow for maximum coverage.
I'm hoping he's having a good time though, He definitely deserves it. :)

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Kelian

Six months is too long. Three months I can live with but rimworld won't be getting updates for SIX months?! It is the end times...

forsaken1111

Quote from: Kelian on September 23, 2015, 01:45:53 PM
Six months is too long. Three months I can live with but rimworld won't be getting updates for SIX months?! It is the end times...
I swapped back to KSP for a while. Been too long.

Also lots of good games coming out soon...

Kelian

Quote from: forsaken1111 on September 23, 2015, 03:37:39 PM
I swapped back to KSP for a while. Been too long.

Also lots of good games coming out soon...

Correct, clockwork empires and KSP have tided me over but no game shall ever match rimworld. Clockwork has come a long way recently. I wonder what will be next for Rimworld after his vacation. More weapons? Armor/weapon crafting? More script events? Better raids?

LaMizzy

Quote from: Coenmcj on September 20, 2015, 09:10:18 AM
Quote from: Teovald on September 20, 2015, 07:21:31 AM

Some people skip the blog and go straight to the forums, a stickied thread In General on top of it would allow for maximum coverage.
I'm hoping he's having a good time though, He definitely deserves it. :)

That is because this is one of the few forums I part take that doesn't have an Announcement section. Usually there is a few stickie thread in that section that gives the most important updates to users...like Tynan is on vacation!
The content inside those thread can just be a simple line of description and the link to the original announcement area.
It will vastly reduce the confusion here...

Snownova

The next update will probably be in more like 8 months, since Tynan is taking a 6 month break and then he'll start working on the next alpha.

StorymasterQ

Well, isn't ison working on some of the issues? It possible that the next update will happen sooner, if only for some issues resolution. Maybe 7 months? Or even a few weeks after 6 months as Tynan OKs ison's fixes?

That said, if Tynan is adamant about every alpha having a major update, then yes, it'd probably be 8 months :(
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

Well he didn't give us an exact timeline on how long it would be, just more or less 6 months.
Tynan's not one to give a solid date on anything, might be more, might be less. Just be optimistic about it! :)

skullywag

Keep in mind Ison is working on refactors and stuff like that under Tynans supervision while hes "away". Its not a dead stop.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Coolpey

ha...this is a joke...right?.......RIGHT?

Eh, by the time he comes back it'll be my birthday, so that will be a nice surprise.

RemingtonRyder

Changed the topic title temporarily so you all know. :)

Coenmcj