RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Quote from: Dr. Z on October 01, 2014, 04:26:41 AM
So am i right that everything from september 25 forward is Alpha 8 content and not included in Alpha 7?

Unless otherwise indicated in the changelog, yes that's right.

Romi

Shinzy

Quote from: Romi on October 01, 2014, 12:05:45 PM
Welcome alpha 7!!!

Wuhu!!
Thar will be pirates, yarr! with bionic eyes and organ trading of kidnapped pass byers!

wolfman1911

Every time I see what you've been working on, I become more interested. I'm looking forward to the next chance I get to play this.

Rahjital

Ho boy, here we go! Plasteel longswords for maximum melee carnage!

Shinzy

Quote from: Rahjital on October 04, 2014, 02:21:47 AM
Ho boy, here we go! Plasteel longswords for maximum melee carnage!

Pfft, plasteel.. ! I'll make mine from gold for the maximum enchantment capacity

milon

Gold longswords?  Sounds unwieldy and ... soft.

Fun idea: Colony of psychically deaf Brawlers with Plasteel longswords!  (Actually, I think I'll try something similar via file editing on my next colony.  Because why not?)

Rahjital

Enchantability may have to wait until Tynan pairs up with Microsoft and releases a Minecraft DLC ($49.99! Exclusive deal!), but it would be fun if ornamental gold weapons gave a happiness boost. Armor too, there's nothing like a gold sword and a silver armour vest when trying to appease a noble!

milon

Gold armor would give a big hit to walking speed.  Unless we're talking gilded, rather than pure gold.

ZestyLemons

What happened to damage resistance (reducing damage by a flat %)?

It was listed under the September 26th patch notes as "Reworked armor system to do both damage resistance and deflection chance."

I checked all the armor in the game and couldn't find anything on damage resistance anymore. the damageAbsorbtion tag seems to be ignored or at least not displayed by the stat viewer anymore too.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Damien Hart

"People now have thoughts and mood changes in response to prisoner organ harvests."

But, but, but... Awwww  :P

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Damien Hart on October 09, 2014, 09:01:18 PM
"People now have thoughts and mood changes in response to prisoner organ harvests."

Don't worry, it could be something like...
"We need a replacement kidney for our Cook."
"Get one from the prisoner, he doesn't need both. And hurry up, I 'd like to eat today."
"Yay!"

...probably not...
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Damien Hart

Quote from: StorymasterQ on October 09, 2014, 09:11:58 PM
Quote from: Damien Hart on October 09, 2014, 09:01:18 PM

Don't worry, it could be something like...
"We need a replacement kidney for our Cook."
"Get one from the prisoner, he doesn't need both. And hurry up, I 'd like to eat today."
"Yay!"

...probably not...

Maybe I'll just dig into the XML and change it to a positive.

"We captured two new prisoners in today's raid."
"Really?"
"Yeah, the boss is gonna be happy, two new hearts for his collection. And you know what that means? Lavish meals for everyone tonight!"
"Yaaaaaaaay!"

RawCode

Murder by removing vital organs is death sentence in most states.

Such actions of *player* should cause 2-3 times harder mood drop for all colonists.
Euthanasia of non terminally ill pawns also should cause mood drop not less then execution.

milon

Adding needed body parts (ie. replacing a missing kidney) should result in a positive mood boost for at least the patient, maybe the doctor too.

EDIT - Wind turbines!  Woo!  :D