RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

I would suggest some stone blocks or maybe some rocks so he could craft some. The brick walls in his house must have needed some repairs.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

TheXIIILightning

Hey, Tynan! I was just wondering about the most recent changelog posts, specifically:

• Refactored and cleaned up stat categorization and display.
Does this mean that there is going to be a change in the way on how stats worn and are displayed to the player? Or are you just cleaning up a few things in order to make it easier to understand when relating to body damage or efficiency at workplaces?
The simple fact that the skill degrading speed has been lowered, is already hyping me up for the next release. XD

Keep up the great work, and I'm glad to see that you are taking in people's suggestions, like the bionic arms and shot-off shoulder one. ^^

ShadowTani

Well, much of the stats are gibberish to me because have no proper way of comparing them between colonists ~ but I'm guessing the target group for most of those stats are the modders anyway - and I can imagine any improvements to the readability of those stats would be welcomed.

However, I would have liked, and do hope, that the characters current body part protection and deflective values gets displayed sometime somewhere - currently have to look at all the individual armor pieces yourself; in addition any prosthetic parts seem to have protective bonuses as well that aren't displayed anywhere.

Shinzy

Quote from: ShadowTani on October 25, 2014, 12:20:25 PM
Well, much of the stats are gibberish to me because have no proper way of comparing them between colonists ~ but I'm guessing the target group for most of those stats are the modders anyway - and I can imagine any improvements to the readability of those stats would be welcomed.

However, I would have liked, and do hope, that the characters current body part protection and deflective values gets displayed sometime somewhere - currently have to look at all the individual armor pieces yourself; in addition any prosthetic parts seem to have protective bonuses as well that aren't displayed anywhere.

Tell me about it! it'd be so very convenient if you could tell how much deflection you have on your chest from all three pieces of armor without having to separately check each armor and then add it up yourself
and the amount of menus you need to hop between to find it out, too

also seeing the percentage values of the stats involved with certain skill shown while you hover over the skill in the overview menu under the description bit maybe or something

Geokinesis

Ooh, temperature!

I wonder if as it mentions apparel that if it is too hot you can't walk around wearing full sets of power armour without getting heatstroke or something similar.

Cimanyd

One of the main features of the tropical rainforest biome is the different (sleeping sickness) and more common diseases... and the biome was added, along with diseases, in A7.

The remaining unimplemented biomes are tundra and boreal forest...

Oct 26

• Refactored temperature code somewhat.
Oct 27

• Temperature control buildings use Commands and so can be configured while multi-selected.
  • Started work on colonists danger avoidance AI so they can avoid areas that are too hot or cold to survive in their current apparel.
  • Animals that don't like the current seasonal temperature will leave the map and will not spawn into the map.

I think A8 just might have some new biomes :P

Edit: another new changelog line
’ to '
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

stefanstr

TankaaKumawani

The weather adjustments look interesting, and will probably pave the road to seasonal variation.  We're already looking at loose support for migration (animals will leave the map if the temperature is unsuitable.)

With the solar flares, it's going to be very easy for our colonists to end up enjoying "Long Dark:  The Experience" in colonies reliant on electric heating.

I sense that devilstrand toques will become a popular accessory in the not too distant future.  "Knitted fiber headgear developed by a nation with chilly winters in times of yore.  It keeps your head warm, eh."  (Sorry, Tynan.)

vagineer1

I do hope we get a new temperature mechanic. It would allow us to build fire pits, or fire places when cold, and give us a reason to save warm clothes for the cold seasons.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Barley

Perhaps certain clothes like Devilstrand will make for poor insulation forcing you to keep inventory of different apparel for different seasons and situations i.e. Cotton for winter, devilstrand for combat, hyperweave for hot summer days.

stefanstr

It just occurred to me that the temperature mechanic might add an interesting variation to mountain colonies. Caves maintain a constant low temperature throughout the year (about 10C or 50F unless the cave is in a hot climate) which would make them better than outside colonies in winter, but worse in the summer (so you would have to heat them in the summer).

Notho

If we're going to have seasonal clothing, will we be able to build closets when it's not needed? Like the weapon lockers but for clothes?

Coenmcj

The question is, is Weather/events going to effect Temperature?
Eg. Fire, Rain, Mist/fog, eclipses... The local area around a recently crashed drop pod?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Coenmcj on October 29, 2014, 11:40:08 PM
The question is, is Weather/events going to effect Temperature?
Eg. Fire, Rain, Mist/fog, eclipses... The local area around a recently crashed drop pod?
Also, lightning and wildfires in snow biomes?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

togt

Quote from: Notho on October 29, 2014, 07:35:53 PM
If we're going to have seasonal clothing, will we be able to build closets when it's not needed? Like the weapon lockers but for clothes?

Are you actually eager to pick out the clothing for your pawns?  Just wondering what part of this is apealing to the forum dwellers here.

I prefer if no further interaction is involved in this from the player. Let the pawns find their own seasonal clothing in the stockpile and put it in their own locker so they can wear it after waking up.