RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

That is most likely most interesting to us modders. It essentially means, that we have to Change the way our graphics are loaded. So, more work for us, but I don't think a normal user will see much of a difference ;)

dd0029

Quote from: Change Log 10/30
and avoid goofy situations where someone spawns naked except for an expensive helmet.

That's sad. I loved those randomly naked guys.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: dd0029 on October 31, 2014, 09:13:31 AM
and avoid goofy situations where someone spawns naked except for an expensive helmet.

I just imagined those naked guys with power armor helmets as Spartans.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Mystic

Hehe ... it's Halloween, and today's changelog so far is just an empty bullet point.  I wonder if that means Tynan has added GH-GH-GH-GH-GHOSTS???

Cedric

Quote from: Haplo on October 31, 2014, 07:33:10 AM
That is most likely most interesting to us modders. It essentially means, that we have to Change the way our graphics are loaded. So, more work for us, but I don't think a normal user will see much of a difference ;)

That's a relief, i was worried if eventually my ancient scrap metal of a laptop would run in to trouble running RW, like it keeps happening with many games i pick up recently.
Thanks for the hint:)

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 31, 2014, 10:10:32 AM

This line of quotes are much funnier in England, where 'helmet' is slang for...something else.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Dougalishere

Quote from: StorymasterQ on November 02, 2014, 08:25:59 PM
Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 31, 2014, 10:10:32 AM

This line of quotes are much funnier in England, where 'helmet' is slang for...something else.

lol dude I hadn't even thought about that untill you said, nearly spat out my morning coffee

Jaxxa

QuoteRaw potatoes, berries, meat, and herbal medicine will rot and can be refrigerated to prevent rotting.

Looks like we will be able to create/grow/harvest medicine now.

Cimanyd

Food rotting and refrigeration! Herbal medicine!
  • Crashed ship part evil AI now kills nearby plants and also makes them turn brown and leafless.
Well, obviously the leafless part will be new, but the AI definitely kills nearby plants in A7 (and I don't just mean the fire). How do I know this? Because a while ago in my current colony one of them crashed right into a huge devilstrand field that had been growing for months. >:(
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Raufgar

Quote from: Cimanyd on November 03, 2014, 06:31:28 PM
Food rotting and refrigeration! Herbal medicine!
  • Crashed ship part evil AI now kills nearby plants and also makes them turn brown and leafless.
Well, obviously the leafless part will be new, but the AI definitely kills nearby plants in A7 (and I don't just mean the fire). How do I know this? Because a while ago in my current colony one of them crashed right into a huge devilstrand field that had been growing for months. >:(

The question I want to ask is does it still kill plants after it has been extracted and sitting on your stockpile? Kind of like having an evil AI aura or something. Would not want it to be sitting in the same stockpile as your colony's whole supply of potatoes, or sitting in a stockpile overlooking your strawberry fields...
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Coenmcj

QuoteFinished heatstroke.

Good to see you recovered Tynan. :P
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

putsam

New evil kill box idea for raiders:
Based on my mood swing I think putting fires in your kill chamber in the winter will force raiders into a hot room with lots of clothes causing heatstroke. :)

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Changelog
Nov 3
  • Cultivated plants die when leafless.
For some reason, this rings with me as "People die when they are killed."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Cimanyd

Quote from: StorymasterQ on November 04, 2014, 11:03:43 PM
Quote from: Changelog
Nov 3
  • Cultivated plants die when leafless.
For some reason, this rings with me as "People die when they are killed."
Well, trees don't die when leafless. This just means you can't grow food during the winter (unless it's heated), so you have to save food.

Nov 4
  • Added message at start of first summer telling player to start storing food for winter.
I think it's a nice feature/consequence with the seasons and rotting food.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Coenmcj

Someone mentioned Weather related events in the next alpha and I just had a funny thought then...

"Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems that many of the local muffalo have started shedding for summer... In the middle of winter"
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite