RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jotun

Quote from: Jaxxa on January 14, 2015, 05:42:44 PM
Quote from: Jotun on January 14, 2015, 04:37:46 PM
Is there an important reason to not allow non-contiguous zones? I find them very useful for easily organizing multiple stockpiles.

From memory there was some discussion about using that to simplify growing temperature calculations. So the temperature can be done for the whole grow zone at once not each individual plant. This stops having a zone part indoors and part outdoors

Hrrh, that would seem solvable by allowing zones to be handled differently on a conceptual and functional level. Being able to select and manipulate multiple areas under a single zone is tremendously helpful, and they can still be handled separately by the game if needs be.

I have more problems with organisation than FPS at the moment.

christhekiller

QuoteMisc bugfixes.

You know what that means folks!

dspair

QuoteIt is no longer to possible to create or have non-contiguous zones
Would be nice to have an ability to copy setting from one stockpile to another, if you do that change.

Ink.

I may be dumb, but what exactly does this mean?

Also, RIP immediately toggling power. o7

harpo99999

Quote from: Ink. on January 15, 2015, 04:36:27 AM

I may be dumb, but what exactly does this mean?

Also, RIP immediately toggling power. o7
my guess for the non-contiguous zones would be whre you created a zone then delete  a path through the zone dividing the zone into two or more parts, but it is (in a8 and earlier) treated as a single zone

milon

It's to prevent there from being growing zones spanning multiple temperature regions (allows the CPU to do WAY less calculations that way).  It makes sense from a dev point of view, but I agree with what others have said - we need a way to copy/paste settings for stockpiles, grow zones, bills, etc.

EDIT:
Quote from: Zombull on January 14, 2015, 05:07:06 PM
"Do until you have X" really needs be "When stock drops to X then make them until you have Y". Especially for cooking, so chef colonists can focus on other tasks for longer periods instead of spastically running back to the kitchen every time another colonist eats.

This!

skullywag

Alpha tweaks mod adds copyable storage doesnt it. Dont know about plants on grow zones though.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

The_Haminator

Quote from: Zombull on January 14, 2015, 05:07:06 PM
"Do until you have X" really needs be "When stock drops to X then make them until you have Y". Especially for cooking, so chef colonists can focus on other tasks for longer periods instead of spastically running back to the kitchen every time another colonist eats.

This is a great idea. I'd also like to see an option for stockpiles like "only haul full stacks" so that every time a colonist crafts an item from a small nearly stockpile a hauler isn't running to the main stockpile to restock 5 cloth etc from a full stack.

RemingtonRyder

QuoteJan 9: You can now rescue incapacitated neutral people and heal them. Their faction will be appreciative.

And there was much rejoicing. :)

Sir_Aroun

"Old people will tend to spawn with higher skills."
YES!!

HelloKinky

Will there be a way to keep the most updated version VIA in game updates?  Or steam maybe?

harpo99999

hellokinky, the latest version is the a8, and the changelog is tynan's internal version,and until there have been MANY changelogs with the words 'misc fixes', it is unlikely that the next alpha will be released, and based upon only three days having the 'misc fixes', my wild and wooly guess for the next alpha is possibly with a month

christhekiller

Quote from: HelloKinky on January 16, 2015, 03:23:31 PM
Will there be a way to keep the most updated version VIA in game updates?  Or steam maybe?

Not atm. Rimworld has been green lit on steam but Tynan's not planning on releasing it to steam until the game is much more polished. Currently, to update the game you'll have to redownload it from the link you get in the email sent by Tynan. (He'll send a new link for every major update).

Also
What's the tale system?

Noobshock

Yes please, what's this tale system? That sounds good.

Mihsan

QuoteStarted the Tale system.

I had some strange shiver after reading this. Must be nerdgasm.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.