[B18] Harrowed Light - 1.4

Started by Hessra, July 06, 2017, 03:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

This mod looks sick. Also, is that helmet inspired from the Undying Flagellant http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/flagellant.html?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Hessra

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 08, 2017, 07:34:50 PM
-- The mod works great, I had only what seemed like an odd issue? --
Aye, the first Harrowed to raid tend to be flagellants. Naked (aside from the hood) and with whips. Thanks for being part of this bumpy ride!
Quote from: TREH on July 09, 2017, 01:56:29 PM
You might want to set the Cassock to always display as the same color, currently you can get it in colors like hyperweave or devilstrand
Yeah the colors generated tend to be a little dark, on top of the default cassock being already pretty dark. Buuut sometimes it looks pretty good.
Quote from: Dragoon on July 10, 2017, 08:05:55 AM
This mod looks sick. Also, is that helmet inspired from the Undying Flagellant http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/flagellant.html?
Aye, Keith Thompson is bae. I should include an inspiration section to the OP, some of the things are pretty damn sweet.

And also...

V1.2
DROPBOX

Changelog:
V.1.2
Added Harrowed Champions a new sword
Added Harrowed Commanders with a new set of armor (helm/body) and assorted flail
Fixed up some item descriptions
Added the Ocelot, a britty decent sniper rifle
Added Fulger, a lightning...rifle.

And a little tinsy teaser I drew up for the upcoming faction(s).

Robloxsina66

this is like a dishonored type

A Friend

Quote from: Hessra on July 10, 2017, 11:45:19 AM
And a little tinsy teaser I drew up for the upcoming faction(s).

That's badass.

But anyways, I found some minor texture problems with the weapons.

They're angled incorrectly. Weapons (melee and guns) should always be made facing to the right because the game often rotates them a few angles upwards or downwards in game.

With the way your textures are right now, it's causing pawns to hold them in really weird ways.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

KaiserThurston

First of all, I wanna say your art is gorgeous. It is truly one of the best I've ever seen.

QuoteBut like, how about you add ____ :
If it fits in a twisted 15th-18th century edgy/grimy fashion with guns all is possible.

Well, since you said...

Plague Doctors are a very grimm and dark 16th century thing, almost a cliché.

Demons are also a very interesting idea, even more if you add exorcismism into the mod. The demon attack could afflict the pawn with an "possessed" disease who would kill him eventually, or, turn him into a demon.

Dragoon

Maybe the stake should attack a little bit faster?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

jecrell

What a glorious modification. Bless you.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

kaptain_kavern

Omg those textures are just gorgeous.

Thank you for the mod.

Apposl

I'm wondering how well this would fit in with the Lovecraft mods?

MoistWizard

So nice to see another talented artist make rim mods.
It does give off a strong dark soul-esque vibe which I have no opposition to

Downloading as I speak!

SamhainJack

update for 18 please? love this mod!

Mst

This looks awesome, can't wait to try it!
Will I be able to add this mod mid playthrough if it gets updated? I guess this is an off-planet faction, is it?

Hessra

Updated to B18.
Expansion work resumes now.
Download the updated mod by clicking the picture below or from the OP
Now also available on
Steam

Mst

Hessra

Quote from: Mst on December 12, 2017, 10:17:38 AM
So is it ok to add mid game?
As far as I know factions don't spawn after the world is already generated so I suggest starting a new one.