[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

The XML coding is not really hard, even i a non-learnd-pc-newb-girl have done compatibility patches in the past. What i cant do is the coding for scripts like the initial spawning of the items like the research thingy. If i have time and motivation after the first february i take the xml files and look if i can at least do a patch for these. So we can play with the research tree but without shiny things like the research-start-thingy or in depth coding things. But with a big warning, its possible that the most of the mod needs the scripting and if so, i cant do it. :-[ If xml-only work we get a TTM-light. :-\

No promises.

want_some

the only thing i dont know at the moment is the dll files. i might take a look at few of these files for this mod and try to learn how to do it. but other then that, im not sure what all has changed (code wise) to update this mod from A7 to A8. if anyone has any ideas or some forum post that helps with this, that would be awesome! but ima download this mod pack and start looking through things. but if i get anything done towards updating this to A8, ill post a diff forum. but now, time to go do some researching and learning!

Learning to mod while also updating TTM Mod!
Full credit goes to Minami26

Kitsune

If you post it somewhere else please dont forget to say and link to this thread because its the source. :)

want_some

Quote from: Kitsune on January 18, 2015, 02:30:40 PM
If you post it somewhere else please dont forget to say and link to this thread because its the source. :)

already know that. i dont want to take the credit from the OP of this mod. but i got some learning to do before i can get working on the dll files first. but i think thats all that really needs updated for it to work with A8 not sure but ill be looking into it here soon.

Grizzly

The License in this mod says You are free to:

Share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt, remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially.

When i get a chance i'm going to ask a friend who is into modding to update it just for me at first and if it turns out fine with no problems or bugs i might upload it somewhere and share a link on this post. That is only if minami does not show up and does not update the mod him self.

Kitsune

I not mentioned about the license stuff, i more talk about not to rip apart the mod and post it somewhere else and DONT say that the source is from minami so the people think you did all the work. Thats because i sayd, link the thread here and say the source is from here. Because if you dont do it its not very friendly? Its only my opinion. :)

Grizzly

Quote from: Kitsune on January 19, 2015, 07:43:40 AM
I not mentioned about the license stuff, i more talk about not to rip apart the mod and post it somewhere else and DONT say that the source is from minami so the people think you did all the work. Thats because i sayd, link the thread here and say the source is from here. Because if you dont do it its not very friendly? Its only my opinion. :)

Did i just suddenly stop understanding english or are you just not making any sense?

Jeoshua

According to the license, derivative works are by attribution. That means that as long as credit is given, that is okay. Literally, whatever you want to do is perfectly fine as long as you give Minami credit in a readme (and on the post would be nice), and you use the exact same license in your own work. You do not even need to ask him, permission has already been given. A link to the original mod would be helpful and nice, but is not strictly required by the license. Although, one would wonder if "Based on a mod by Minami" is truly enough to qualify as "attribution")

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

Kitsune

@Grizzly: Sorry maybe my english is to bad for you. :P ;)

@Jeoshua: Thank's maybe he understand what you sayd.^^ But i think its ok and enough to only mention that its made by minami but a link is never to mutch work but its only my opinion. ;)

Rikiki

I am not here to bother you about licences but don't forget that a part of TTM is also an (deeply) adapted modpack, so permissions from those mods' authors may also be required... (You already have mine ;))

Jeoshua

You may not be here to argue about licenses, but that's what it comes down to, Rikki.

If you have contributed to Minami's mod, and do not wish its contents to be shared by the license he has placed on it, then that is a quarrel with Minami. The license grants explicit permissions which cannot be revoked by original contributors.

Don't want to be a lawyer here, but the text of the CC license is very clear (and binding).

want_some

well just so everyone knows, i started to work on updating this mod (and/or modpack)

the updating could take a couple days due to little time after work i have but it should be updated by next week. I will test it out first before i post anything about it and a link for the download.

Kitsune

Then good luck with the work want_some. ^.^ I hope if minami comes back in february you are not dissapointed that you done the work for the mod. :)

I think we can end the discussion about the license, people do what they want, explicit if minami comes not back. ;)

want_some

Quote from: minami26 on May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM
-snip-

License:
Please ask for permission to use for integration, dissection, and whatnot. Please do not redistribute individual parts as your own. Give credits please, thankyou!

well looks like i will have to ask minami26 before i post the updated version (for those arguing about the license part.) I'll message them after this post and if i get no response by feb 1st, then i'll post it but will link to this topic and all that jazz.

Quote from: Kitsune on January 20, 2015, 04:44:13 AM
Then good luck with the work want_some. ^.^ I hope if minami comes back in february you are not dissapointed that you done the work for the mod. :)

I think we can end the discussion about the license, people do what they want, explicit if minami comes not back. ;)

Thanks kitsune, ill try to get the mod updated and working before feb 1st.

As for the updating goes, i got the mod loading but having a few issues with the patched mods atm. trying to fix them and do some debugging before it will be ready.

Klldarkness

I completely agree with want_some. If he can't get ahold of Minami, what can he do? Better to have a current version that works with alpha 8, than no version at all.

Want_some....please update TTM Events as well?! :D

I, and many others, are waiting for TTM events more than anything else. That, and visitor medbed.