[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerberus86

Quote from: mithat on September 08, 2014, 04:34:01 PM

you could deconstruct your signal beacon and use the parts from there, usually if i have enough to sell i buy some spare parts in case they get destroyed in some crossfire or crushed by an earthquake. it is also advised that you put those important buildings / units in places where there won't be any fireifghts, or at least where its unlikely. so right in the middle or in front of the main entrance is kinda a bad idea^^.
i forgot to tell that i dont have any signal beacon.
and i didnt build it on any entrance :) mortar attacks can destroy anything on outdoor (orbital beacon must be outdoor :) ) it has poor accuracy but long range..
[/quote]

you should start with enough beacons to build a comms console, droppod are and a signal beacon. if one of those things is destroyed then you can live without the signal beacon. if you never build a signal beacon then you should have one beacon extra. maybe you missed it during the early stages?

mithat

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 08, 2014, 04:37:04 PM
Quote from: mithat on September 08, 2014, 04:34:01 PM

you could deconstruct your signal beacon and use the parts from there, usually if i have enough to sell i buy some spare parts in case they get destroyed in some crossfire or crushed by an earthquake. it is also advised that you put those important buildings / units in places where there won't be any fireifghts, or at least where its unlikely. so right in the middle or in front of the main entrance is kinda a bad idea^^.
i forgot to tell that i dont have any signal beacon.
and i didnt build it on any entrance :) mortar attacks can destroy anything on outdoor (orbital beacon must be outdoor :) ) it has poor accuracy but long range..

you should start with enough beacons to build a comms console, droppod are and a signal beacon. if one of those things is destroyed then you can live without the signal beacon. if you never build a signal beacon then you should have one beacon extra. maybe you missed it during the early stages?
[/quote]

i checked all the map twice but i had only two beacons. even if i missed it there has to be a way to make it continue :D afterall its a little part vs hours of work.

Xerberus86

you should have at least three beacons, maybe you build an extra beacon antenna? that could screw you over too. especially in the earlier stages you have to be careful with your items, losing one of the unique parts either duo to misfortune or you overly crafting something could both mean game over.

RedManMark86

out of interest how does the AI storyteller work as she just dropped 200 raiders on me and I only have 11 people. The game is lagging so badly but it seems like a no win scenario for me anyway?

Goo Poni

Quote from: RedManMark86 on September 08, 2014, 05:47:10 PM
out of interest how does the AI storyteller work as she just dropped 200 raiders on me and I only have 11 people. The game is lagging so badly but it seems like a no win scenario for me anyway?

Be poorer. Don't be stockpiling 20k silver or expect to use that 20k silver summoning an absurd amount of help from other colonies unless you're masochistic. Don't stockpile weapons or silver, try to have enough silver to call the custom vessel when you might need it, make your weapons or buy them, sell spare weaponry and only keep a couple guns around for new colonists. The storyteller will expect you to somehow make use of that armoury you have sitting in some corner of the base with it's 50 assorted rifles and bows.

If you want to deal with the raiders and are okay with using tools to avoid just being rolled, use the dev console to just explode all of them over and over and over. You can explode them repeatedly to remove corpses and guns too. If you survive long enough to build a missile launcher, that thing will trivialize raids as they'll generally be sent fleeing by a single on-target strike and missiles are incredibly cheap to build.

minami26

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 08, 2014, 02:27:58 PM
just loaded my recent colony and got the following message / gamelog in the top left corner, seems to be an error related to the beacon antenna:

This is a minor error I think, its a loading hiccup. nothing big. I hope. hehe.
I think it just loaded two create signal beacon bills and has to delete the other.

Quote from: mithat on September 08, 2014, 03:43:27 PM
i need my trade goin on for the parts you can not produce. please a solution :)

if you really want to play with your save, you can go to Options => look for "Development Mode" turn it on => then you can look at the topleft corner => and look for the Gear icon => press it => you should see soo many buttons. => look for spawn item direct => on the search box, search for Beacon => and just click it on the map.

- its a cheat, there's no other way to get a beacon, 'cept from trading.

Quote from: Goo Poni on September 08, 2014, 09:01:32 PM
Quote from: RedManMark86 on September 08, 2014, 05:47:10 PM

- Be poorer. Don't be stockpiling 20k silver or expect to use that 20k silver summoning an absurd amount of help from other colonies unless you're masochistic.

- If you survive long enough to build a missile launcher, that thing will trivialize raids as they'll generally be sent fleeing by a single on-target strike and missiles are incredibly cheap to build.

well these are the good parts.
I think I might nerf the missile launcher next version. haha~!

My tactic usually to survive long enough is to just have 5 colonists. it makes the game super long.
more colonists means more points for a raid.

raider raids needs points to execute a raid, each raider costs points. all your colony assets are taken into consideration and be calculated for the points in a raid.

I think colonists give more points, then your colony wealth. make sure to check the overview tab to your colony stats and look for colony wealth there. if its over 50k, youre in for some heavy raids.

before you add more colonist just make sure to build a missile launcher first. the 200+ raider raids is the main reason I made the beast. :D hehe

Gaiii

Hi guys,
can someone tell me how to put a workbench? I need  1 Make do Tools    for it but I cant build it nor didnt it spawn with me.... :(

minami26

Quote from: Gaiii on September 09, 2014, 05:58:24 AM
Hi guys,
can someone tell me how to put a workbench? I need  1 Make do Tools    for it but I cant build it nor didnt it spawn with me.... :(

you need to deconstruct the DropPods near your landing site for you to have make do tools. :)

thankyou for playing with TTM!

Gaiii

Oh man THANKS ALOT!! :D
Its a great mod, just the start seems a bit hard if you do not know hot to :)

Xerberus86

ts ts ts, if you would've read the starting messages then you would know to deconstruct the drop pods, it seems we have a non-reader here :P.

and yes, the start with TTM is considerably harder and most of the times not raiders kill my but my colonists go rampage because they're miserable. but when you get the hang of it then the mod becomes considerably more enjoyable than vanilla because personally i love the new progression and crafting dependance.

Edit: @minami: maybe you overread it but can you take a quick look at the abomination event, sadly i haven't the save anymore but in my last colony i had this event three times but never came an abomination (three people drop from the sky, one dies and should turn into abomination it seems). or am i missing something?

MelanisticAlbino

Any chance you'll include a nuclear reactor in this mod? :) That's really what's keeping me from going from superior crafting to this.

Xerberus86

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on September 09, 2014, 06:48:11 AM
Any chance you'll include a nuclear reactor in this mod? :) That's really what's keeping me from going from superior crafting to this.

if he gets boom if heavily damaged and has the chance to get on fire or event of him getting on fire then it would be an interesting idea :).

minami26

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 09, 2014, 06:38:02 AM
@minami: maybe you overread it but can you take a quick look at the abomination event, sadly i haven't the save anymore but in my last colony i had this event three times but never came an abomination (three people drop from the sky, one dies and should turn into abomination it seems). or am i missing something?

yes ive read it, will check it later!

ill think about it :), ill have to get a super awesome texture for it! :D
if this version of TTM couldn't entice you, maybe the next version will, its dubbed as the Food/Power Update with more new food, and new power generation buildings with some unique ones you haven't seen before! also wind turbines, can't live without them :D haha

Xerberus86

Quote from: minami26 on September 09, 2014, 06:59:28 AM
@minami: maybe you overread it but can you take a quick look at the abomination event, sadly i haven't the save anymore but in my last colony i had this event three times but never came an abomination (three people drop from the sky, one dies and should turn into abomination it seems). or am i missing something?

if this version of TTM couldn't entice you, maybe the next version will, its dubbed as the Food/Power Update with more new food, and new power generation buildings with some unique ones you haven't seen before! also wind turbines, can't live without them :D haha

sounds awesome, can't wait to get my dirty hands on it :).

MelanisticAlbino

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 09, 2014, 07:07:23 AM
Quote from: minami26 on September 09, 2014, 06:59:28 AM

I'm looking forward to it!

Have anyone gotten this mod to work perfectly with realistic weapons? That's really my biggest concern  ;D

I'm going to try it later today! :)