[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerberus86

Quote from: Coenmcj on September 06, 2014, 07:51:22 AM
Quote from: Josh_Hawley on September 06, 2014, 03:29:52 AM
Quote from: Sabazi on September 06, 2014, 03:12:58 AM
I'd like to use the animal husbandry, but there aren't any muffalo on my current map. Does anyone know a way to edit some in?

Turn on the debug tools then use the spawn tool.

What would the possibility of the Animal Husbandry segment getting adapted to other critters? Like Deer for instance? Because I tend to not get Muffalo that much anymore, I like my forested areas alot.

Also, I was running into some weird graphical errors where when placing a blueprint facing a certain orientation, the wrong structure would be displayed. For instance, I was placing a bed and it was turning into a C.H.E.S.T, Although saving/reloading seems to have sorted that.

these are graphic glitches only, it happends to me every time i play. in most cases the bed turns turns into a bunch of fragments, bed turning into c.h.e.s.t. i got only once thus far.

Coenmcj

Ah fair enough, I ended up not placing them down because I thought something might explode, or CTD.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Xerberus86

no ctd and no bug will happen, sometimes it is kinda harder to place the items but it isn't such a big deal. i enjoy the mod too much to be bothered by such things :).

thefinn

Suggestion Post

If you have your comms unit destroyed early by a fluke mortar shell, you are basically screwed.

It's annoying but could be viable gameplay. However, if you want to take that approach - and it seems like you do - at least make it so that all the types of guns in the game can be cremated along with clothing and other stuff you'd usually sell to get rid of.

Otherwise you end up with a billion guns laying on the ground and the game kinda falls apart.

And guns aren't the worst of it - boomerangs dude, boomerangs. I have like 1000 boomerangs.

Happened to me, I figured I'd play it through when a mortar hit my comms unit while my guys were approaching the mortar position - no time to get back to put out the fire. I played it, but ended up with huge dumps full of weapons.

It's amazing how far you can get with just the pistol made gun turrets too btw ;)

Xerberus86

you can not only sell weapons but also dismantle them, that means if you got that far with your research tree and already got the main components for the workbenches (before your CRT bit the dust).

mathwizi2005

Is this compatible with Superior Crafting or do they just not like each other from the get go?

Xerberus86

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on September 07, 2014, 11:31:34 AM
Is this compatible with Superior Crafting or do they just not like each other from the get go?

i have no experience with superior crafting (didn't try it yet), but as far as i know the mod changes the research tree and TTM also changes the research tree extensively. i personally don't think the two mods would go well with each other.

personally i only play with edb interface mod (must-have) and tech tree minami, tried zombie apocalypse one though, fun mod.

thefinn

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 07, 2014, 08:26:24 AM
you can not only sell weapons but also dismantle them, that means if you got that far with your research tree and already got the main components for the workbenches (before your CRT bit the dust).

Yeah I didn't get that far into research, it blew really really early. I was just lucky I literally got *1* trade before it went... I meant my op as a suggestion for author.

If you can get rid of all the cluttery items, it makes for a decent gameplay. ie. It just becomes part of that colony's story that they lost all communications soon after landing ;)

Xerberus86

after thoroughly playing now with this mod i would suggest that we might change the requirements for colored floors (red, blue and green) from metal to cloth. i think those carpets are more likely made out of fibre than metal and metal is alreay used for so many other things and cotton is kinda less usable right now and would increase in usage after those changes.

minami26

Quote from: Shinzy on September 05, 2014, 08:22:59 AM
Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 05, 2014, 07:15:53 AManother bug which is haunting me is that i am unable to craft tribal masks and i know who the culprit is. the last days i was wondering what i did wrong that my crafter never finished a single tribal mask, as i looked at the detailed bill screen yesterday i found out that the requirements for a tribal mask are planks but under the allowed resources is only wood logs listed. how can i fix that, wanna craft a sweet trendy tribal mask^^.

go to the folder Tech Tree Minami A6/Defs/RecipeDefs
and open the file Apparello_Recipes_Armor.xml with a notepad
and find the bit with 'CraftMojo'

And then replace the <li>WoodLog</li> with <li>WoodPlank</li> under the <fixedIngredientFilter>

Also, completely offtopic, But I found an embarassing mistake I've made for apparello, the tribal mask has wrong description :-[

Totally missed this one, Thankyou so much for informing them Shinzy! :"D haha

Quote from: thefinn on September 07, 2014, 08:22:08 AM
Suggestion Post
It's annoying but could be viable gameplay. However, if you want to take that approach - and it seems like you do - at least make it so that all the types of guns in the game can be cremated along with clothing and other stuff you'd usually sell to get rid of.

Actually you can smelt some of the guns in the "Metal Synthesizer". its incomplete I haven't updated it, i think.. i forgot. lol Ill try to make clothes and other stuff smeltable too.

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 07, 2014, 05:55:19 PM
after thoroughly playing now with this mod i would suggest that we might change the requirements for colored floors (red, blue and green) from metal to cloth. i think those carpets are more likely made out of fibre than metal and metal is alreay used for so many other things and cotton is kinda less usable right now and would increase in usage after those changes.

oh right I totally forgot that I made a quick cloth resource added, totally slipped my mind when I added the resources. sure sure, Ill make a quick change for the carpets and add more colors *those are just simple modifications.

-------------------------------------------
New update for TTM[CustomEvents] guys, one Event worth mentioning is the [Muffalo Migration] event which makes muffalo's spawn in other biomes. although its a chance so it may not happen entirely, or if your lucky! :D

as for the Animal Husbandry, I will try to make it stand-alone. I will prioritize it this week and make all the animals in all biomes Tameable and breed.

Just finished my exams, and I hope I can do some fun RimWorld modding this week! see you guys!

Thankyou so much for playing with TTM!

Xerberus86

congratulations!

and we have to thank you for making such an awesome mod.

can't wait to tinker with the next version :).

Edit: another thing, i had this abomination event happening two times in a row yesterday within the first two weeks of my colony BUT there wasn't any abomination that spawned, the colonist which should be that abomination just went  dead and nothing happened.

EDIT2: it would be nice if we could produce a kevlar helm with the kevlar west. i know that youdon't want hats to be craftable, in which i agree, but having some kevlar helms for my troopers would be nice :).

Xerberus86

just loaded my recent colony and got the following message / gamelog in the top left corner, seems to be an error related to the beacon antenna:

here the image in original size: http://s7.directupload.net/images/140908/aia3y8sv.png

only mods are using are TTM with the updated version of customevents and the edb interface mod, had never an error before.

here is my savegame:

https://www.mediafire.com/?12ywku42tve32er

mithat

well i actually enjoyed too much on this mod, but have a little problem now. after i get my trade up with resources i got from pods, never bought extra 'beacons' coz its only used on three buildings (comms cons, signal beacon which i never used and orbital beacon). then hostile siege started and destroyed my orbital beacon with mortar attack. i couldnt load the game to previous autosave because i didnt realise that that building is destroyed until its too late. its hard to notice on map anyway. now i got only one beacon left and that is used in comms console . you cant produce it in game (did most of research) or in this case you cant buy anything since you got to pay for it through orbital beacon. i couldnt find any solution to this how can i get anohter beacon or its game over ? :)

i need my trade goin on for the parts you can not produce. please a solution :)

Xerberus86

Quote from: mithat on September 08, 2014, 03:43:27 PM
well i actually enjoyed too much on this mod, but have a little problem now. after i get my trade up with resources i got from pods, never bought extra 'beacons' coz its only used on three buildings (comms cons, signal beacon which i never used and orbital beacon). then hostile siege started and destroyed my orbital beacon with mortar attack. i couldnt load the game to previous autosave because i didnt realise that that building is destroyed until its too late. its hard to notice on map anyway. now i got only one beacon left and that is used in comms console . you cant produce it in game (did most of research) or in this case you cant buy anything since you got to pay for it through orbital beacon. i couldnt find any solution to this how can i get anohter beacon or its game over ? :)

i need my trade goin on for the parts you can not produce. please a solution :)

you could deconstruct your signal beacon and use the parts from there, usually if i have enough to sell i buy some spare parts in case they get destroyed in some crossfire or crushed by an earthquake. it is also advised that you put those important buildings / units in places where there won't be any fireifghts, or at least where its unlikely. so right in the middle or in front of the main entrance is kinda a bad idea^^.

mithat

i forgot to tell that i dont have any signal beacon.
and i didnt build it on any entrance :) mortar attacks can destroy anything on outdoor (orbital beacon must be outdoor :) ) it has poor accuracy but long range..