[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Eivind

I've tried trading with about 10 different traders, and none of them have had data drives or CRTs(or was it CTR? The research thing you start with).
Am I just extremely unlucky, or is there some way I can get them other than by trading?
It kind of sucks since I'm stuck on research after building the comms console. :P

Oragepoilu

Hi,
any news about the bug when you load a save ?

I have no clues to avoid this and it kinda sucks,
none of my saves actually work.

Kitsune

@Eivind: I think it must be there, i think the general trader have it.^^

@Oragepoilu: I think its an mod incompatibility or an game error that out of nothing appeard.^^ What mod's you are using? For my part i have once an bug that had problems with pathfinding in the result of the same screen that we see on the screenshots that was postet.^^ So its not 100% sure if that error is because of "that" mod and an other error is because of "that other" mod. If you not already did, make please an screenshot. ;)

Oragepoilu

I'm not atually using another mod.
it happened before in 2 other games, with the 2.6version, but not with the 2.5version.
Nothing happened specially during the game - just the basic stuff (making metal, food, hauling stuff in the map ....)
I'v already seen your post, and i'v looked everywhere and yet i found nothing weird like a stack of 0 items.
Most of the time it bug with this message :

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.MapDrawer.MapMeshDrawerUpdate_First () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Map.MapUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VerseBase.RootMap.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Kitsune

Hm in that situation i cant help. :( For me the problem only pops up with the try with colonist creater, i think the problem is within the code somewhere and for me i can only do compatibility work in xml files. I'm not even know how minami spawn the drop pods and the research thingy in the beginning. I hope minami can help you. :)

Eivind

I have also gotten the save game bug, using Colonist Creation Mod 1.6 and the latest TTM (2.6).
The problem began occurring right after another survivor fell down in a pod (not one of the inital ones), I reloaded a savegame before this, and it's working fine now.
Afaik the survivors lack a faction, maybe CCM is trying to access that (why would it though?).
I've played a game before with only TTM, where I'm fairly certain that I have gotten several new people like that, and have yet to encounter the bug on that save. I'm not really sure why it would be caused by having both CCM and TTM enabled though, unless TTM adds this event?

minami26

specifically you can get CRT on the CallOrder Vessel. but you don't need that. you only need the Computer Terminal which is sold by many traders to make a Research Bench. make the Research Bench Instead.

@Oragepoilu
what RimWorld version are playing specifically? Can you post the screenshot of that error? that's a very weird error because the error lines you posted has something to do with the Map. in which I ddnt really modify anything in the map.

how about clearing your AppData/LocalLow/LudeonStudios Folder by deleting that. *This will delete all your saves. be sure to copy them. and Start your Rimworld for a new Config for your Rimworld files.

@Eivind
most save game bugs is caused by CCM, I havent looked into it. im busy with exams this week. I'll be checking it out :)

forsaken1111

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I belive the batteries are what is screwing with events. I placed a few of the makeshift batteries and they ended up killing all events except attacks. When I removed them all and used dev mode to fire the short circuit event, all of my events started working again.

Apologies if this is old info, I just found out via experimenting and didn't see it come up recently.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: minami26 on July 22, 2014, 02:57:01 AM
@Oragepoilu
what RimWorld version are playing specifically? Can you post the screenshot of that error? that's a very weird error because the error lines you posted has something to do with the Map. in which I ddnt really modify anything in the map.

how about clearing your AppData/LocalLow/LudeonStudios Folder by deleting that. *This will delete all your saves. be sure to copy them. and Start your Rimworld for a new Config for your Rimworld files.

Want it, got it.

Version used is 0.5.492 for windows.
I already have cleaned everything before i'v used this mod BUT i'v upgraded from 2.5 to 2.6 (by deleting my save, the moditself and adding the new version) whitout doing anything more special.

@Eivind
[SPOILER OF THIS MOD FOR OTHER PEOPLE READING THIS]
i DO in EACH case my save got bugged the event with the 3 pod whith sometime an aberration, even if in this save, there wasn't any aberration.
the thing is, that it didn't bugged right after; i could play a long time after this.
[/spoiler end]

this error is only one of a lot i can get. Sometime it's about a key of a faction that should be dropped from a pawn, and a lot of weird thing like this ~ i can't write down all because i didn't have the save of it (deleted to try a new game).

i could make a screen but it's pointless because the error repeat overtime each tic when i try to load a game.
it's the basic bugged screen, with colours messed up (in a pink way usually) while the game don't show ine the right way the colony while you can still image it's loaded in some way, because you can see some weird names moving in the screen.

Here a copy of the output log that bugged my save in this case : (it's the part that is repeated overtime)

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[RimWorld.Faction,System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]].get_Item (RimWorld.Faction key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ListerPawns+<PawnsInFaction>c__Iterator95.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.Pawn].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Alert_ColonistNeedsRescuing+<>c__Iterator6D.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Alert_ColonistNeedsRescuing.get_Report () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Alert.get_Active () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.AlertsReadout.AlertsReadoutUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.UIMapRoot.UIRootUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VerseBase.Root.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.MapDrawer.MapMeshDrawerUpdate_First () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It didn't writte last time the whole stuff because i wasn't able to find the output log the first time and i can't really copy the whole thing because of the spawn~

I don't have error in game untill i save & reload.

Mr_Green

Oragepoilu

forsaken1111

Asterix909

If my compact research terminal dies in a fire am I completely shit out of luck?
It looks like I need a computer to build a regular research table but I need a compact research terminal to build the comm console to trade for the computer... so that compact research terminal is pretty much literally the one and only item you CANNOT lose or it is game over, it seems.

Eivind

So I tried editing the mod (I hope you don't mind minami), and I replaced all of the custom factions that are set during the 3 pods event with the default ones ingame, and I've yet to encounter the save bug in a 4+ hour game (although I did encounter some other quirky stuff happening because of that).

In the same game however, events simply stopped happening about 3 hours into the game. Enabling developer mode showed that there was a nullreference exception happening every tick with one of the sicknesses (the flu one I think). I edited the files once more to simply remove the flu, but the events did not start up again.
That might just be a problem that I got because I edited the mod though.

Quote from: Asterix909 on July 23, 2014, 10:18:44 AM
If my compact research terminal dies in a fire am I completely shit out of luck?

Yeah, if you lose the CRT you're pretty much screwed afaik.