[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Eivind on July 23, 2014, 10:42:52 AM
So I tried editing the mod (I hope you don't mind minami), and I replaced all of the custom factions that are set during the 3 pods event with the default ones ingame, and I've yet to encounter the save bug in a 4+ hour game (although I did encounter some other quirky stuff happening because of that).

In the same game however, events simply stopped happening about 3 hours into the game. Enabling developer mode showed that there was a nullreference exception happening every tick with one of the sicknesses (the flu one I think). I edited the files once more to simply remove the flu, but the events did not start up again.
That might just be a problem that I got because I edited the mod though.

Quote from: Asterix909 on July 23, 2014, 10:18:44 AM
If my compact research terminal dies in a fire am I completely shit out of luck?

Yeah, if you lose the CRT you're pretty much screwed afaik.

Could you please explain how i set the chance of the event to 0 ? it could help in a new game.

edit : for the ctr, you can always use the debug mode to give you a new one in case of. It's pretty lame to lose it because of his 50hp

Eivind

Quote from: Oragepoilu on July 23, 2014, 11:10:56 AM
Could you please explain how i set the chance of the event to 0 ? it could help in a new game.

There's a 'chance' value for all of the events in the TMMCustomEvents_Incidents.xml file.
You can find it in "rimworldInstallDir/Mods/TTMCustomEventsA5/Defs/IncidentDefs/".

I'm not completely sure how it works though, setting an events chance to 100 does not make it trigger immediately.
You might be better of just removing the entire event (from <incidentDef> to </incidentDef>), although that might break something else, idk, I haven't tried.

The three pods event is called 'Anomaly_MysteriousTransmission'. There's also another pod event added by the vanilla game, it's called 'RefugeePodCrash'.

I guess you can try remove those two, or setting the chance to 0, and see if you get the save game bug.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Eivind on July 23, 2014, 12:33:09 PM
Quote from: Oragepoilu on July 23, 2014, 11:10:56 AM

There's a 'chance' value for all of the events in the TMMCustomEvents_Incidents.xml file.
You can find it in "rimworldInstallDir/Mods/TTMCustomEventsA5/Defs/IncidentDefs/".

I'm not completely sure how it works though, setting an events chance to 100 does not make it trigger immediately.
You might be better of just removing the entire event (from <incidentDef> to </incidentDef>), although that might break something else, idk, I haven't tried.

The three pods event is called 'Anomaly_MysteriousTransmission'. There's also another pod event added by the vanilla game, it's called 'RefugeePodCrash'.

I guess you can try remove those two, or setting the chance to 0, and see if you get the save game bug.

I quickly tested. Set to 0, still happening. Same for 0.0, or 100.
I'v tryed to delet the event, and still happening.
(yes, i quit the game before changing anything)

Because i don't know anything about coding i can't understand. Anyway, in another save, the saves got corrupted after an error message when a colonist try to eat some food inside  a small building i'v made (i'v set a stockpile for it inside) when :
Someone already eat this food
the food doesn't exist while he go pick up the food

the mod itself is quite fun to play, just so bad that saves get corrupted so easy.

Eivind

Quote from: Oragepoilu on July 23, 2014, 12:45:27 PM

Because i don't know anything about coding i can't understand. Anyway, in another save, the saves got corrupted after an error message when a colonist try to eat some food inside  a small building i'v made (i'v set a stockpile for it inside) when :

the mod itself is quite fun to play, just so bad that saves get corrupted so easy.

That sucks, but I haven't really looked into how the events are chosen, so I've no idea how it works.
If you're really set on trying it you can just load back to a previous save whenever you get the specific events.
But yeah, there are a few bugs that can make the game unplayable, which is a shame.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Eivind on July 23, 2014, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: Oragepoilu on July 23, 2014, 12:45:27 PM

That sucks, but I haven't really looked into how the events are chosen, so I've no idea how it works.
If you're really set on trying it you can just load back to a previous save whenever you get the specific events.
But yeah, there are a few bugs that can make the game unplayable, which is a shame.

I'v tryed the last 3 days to go back and load, but it's quite annoying because corrupted saves come after a lot of stuff that i can't really avoid. It's not only the event, it happen when they try to eat, haul stuff to craft, etc ...

minami26

sry for the lack of reply guys, my exams just finished. im totally gonna crush these bugs!
:D see ya in a couple! gonna update soonest!

Kitsune

Hope the best for your exams. ;)

Looks like i get soon new work for the compatibility side. ;D

minami26

hey guys, I really don't know whats the problem with that Faction error yet.
I tested the game this whole day and upon inspection the error only occurs whenever I enable Development mode.

So its like CCM that you must NOT enable development mode or else you'll get the error.

I've been playing with Alpha5 only not 5D before and this does not occur. when I switched to Alpha5D today the error happens but only when you enable development mode.

so when you play a game with TTM refrain from using Development mode. I played a good 12hours and even got my colonists launched with all ship parts, loading and saving does not get corrupted.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: minami26 on July 27, 2014, 08:08:17 AM
hey guys, I really don't know whats the problem with that Faction error yet.
I tested the game this whole day and upon inspection the error only occurs whenever I enable Development mode.

So its like CCM that you must NOT enable development mode or else you'll get the error.

I've been playing with Alpha5 only not 5D before and this does not occur. when I switched to Alpha5D today the error happens but only when you enable development mode.

so when you play a game with TTM refrain from using Development mode. I played a good 12hours and even got my colonists launched with all ship parts, loading and saving does not get corrupted.

thx for testing it out. I'll try this, but if i loose my ctr (50 hp dude :/) it will be really annoying if i can't cheat another.

like, an earthquake happen and DANG ctr out. Game over.

Kitsune

Oragepoilu

tested again, disable drop pod event with 3 colonist and still corrupt saves whithout dev mode.

Eivind

It might not be an issue with the faction stuff directly, I can't really remember, and I haven't played that much since.
But it might just be an issue with extra colonists not being accounted for.
IIRC both the faction bug and the sickness bug were both just null reference exceptions, so it might just be trying to access null colonists?

I've tried peeking a bit, but the decompiler messed up some of the code, so I can't really tell if the bugs I'm getting are because of the messed up decompiler or are actually present in the source code.

minami26

for the sickness bug it happened because a colonist died or the colonist might have gotten another sickness then that happens. I might entirely remove the illnesses for the next version due to this and something more. Hope that doesn't affect much I mean it causes that error anyway.

but with the 3Colonist DropPod it doesn't error that much. unless! one of the 3 colonist died because I set it so that one of the three colonist needed to be alive to give an extra message.

Im gonna refine the events next version for alpha6, I'm still making a new Way of creating events so that it wont error much.

I hope that it doesn't happen to all, because All i've added for 2.6 really is that Trader schedule and negotiating, I suspected that negotiating was the one but it aint.

Im still running through the events soo it'll really take a while, I can't make new stuff because of these. T_T huhu.

but let me tell you whats in line for new stuff!
1. I have made muffalo capturing and they breed when you have  a male and female muffalo.
2. Im making an Computer Terminal that teaches skills. basically a colonist uses it and he/she gains xp on what skills he/she is learning.

hope I can work on them soon :D

Kitsune

Interessting, the new stuff.^^

Would like to help but i'm only in xml modding for now, i dont get the other coding. ;D

Thank you for your work by the way. ;)

minami26

Hello guys, I have finally found the culprit behind that nasty save game corrupting bug. it was the way I made the local trader. No more custom local trader names though :(

But its ok since I've fixed a lot of nasty bugs.
Thank you so much @Oragepoilu, @Eivind and @Kitsune for taking the time to report the bugs and helping me figure them out.

delete the old v2.6 version in your mods folder and replace it with the New update!

Please do report if ive missed out some bugs! thanks everyone!

Here's a little changelog on the things I have fixed:
v2.6.1
Fix:
Fixed how the LocalTrader is called in the code, Hopefully fixes that nasty save corrupting bug.
Fixed errors on using Medicine Cabinet
Fixed Medicine Cabinet Drug Usage null reference Exception error upon load, now loads the saved effect on colonist properly.
Fixed x0 things spawning upon destruction of a building
Fix minor issues on power and settings of AnimalZapper and MissileLauncher
Fixed Trading Ship Arrival to not give LocalTraders

Changed:
Changed how starting Items spawn E.G(DropPods, OilDeposit, Starting Supplies).
You only need to have "TTM_StartSpawns" in the MapGenDef.xml file for easier editing on compatibility for mods.
Meals now really unburnable.
Drills max stackcount set to 1, to prevent wasting a drill.

For those who want to make TTM compatible with other mods, I made the custom TTM spawns in the MapGenDef.xml file into just one calling method
You just have to add this line to obtain the DropPods and the starting items from TTM mod
<!-- This Spawn Contains Everything TTM (DropPods,OilDeposit,StartingSupplies) -->
  <li Class="Genstep_ScatterThingGroups">
        <thingDefs>
          <li>TTM_GameStartSpawns</li>
        </thingDefs>
        <spotMustBeStandable>true</spotMustBeStandable>
        <forcedPlaceOffsets>
          <li>(0,0,0)</li>
        </forcedPlaceOffsets>
      </li>

oh and animal husbandry now works guys! I can make a fun little muffalo farm now! sweeeeet. but I ddnt add it in this version yet, just finished it this morning. so I've yet to test it first! :D

first you look for a pair of muffalo's, capture them then they follow their tamer. then you can make them stop following their tamer through a button, after some time they will breed and make cute little muffaloKids! only Domesticated Muffalo's breed so that they will not conquer your whole map full of muffalos. D: