[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KakerMix

This is an excellent modpack that's extended my enjoyment of long-play Rimworld a whole heck of a lot, thank you.

Oragepoilu

You may be able to add whatever mod you want, and even update a mod in the modpack; But you loose the materials & tech tree fitting (and a few other things not really noticeable).

Some mod are free to add, like for EdB Interface or maybe prepare carefully (even if you use this one you may "kill" the starting by giving you hight tech weapons instead of upgrading them, but anyway weapon progression is already broken* so)

Just don't forget that some mod will do same stuff sometime. Like Apothecarius and other stuff that change bionics.

*by broken i mean that you won't use much crafted weapon because the main source of weapon is random event/raiders. Mainly raiders. there is nothing that force the game to think "you are only at the 6th month, so i won't trow at you a raider with a sniper rifle @46range + 3 burst" while in the same time they will die in the trap hole anyway whatever they have on them.

NX2K

I do have to say I have never used the weapon crafting tables. It just seems easier to get weapons from events and buy them from traders, but its still nice to have the option if I was ever so enclined. Id like to see rarity levels added to both event spawns of weapons and avilability of weapons from traders. So maybe you would encounter a barret .50 cal on your first raid or trader. It would be highly unlikely and a hell of a fight with only an enfield and handguns, but damn if going through the risk to pick up that rare weapon when it comes along wouldnt be worth it. This also brings to mind the whole difficulty of the game. It seems right now that harder simply means more enemys. Id like to see harder mean that enemys spawn with better gear, implants, weapons, and better AI instead of just mass numbers. Sure theres a strategy to defeating the masses, but id prefer the strategy of really outsmarting your enemy.

skullywag

The start to balancing in that exact way (better equipment over numbers) has been started in alpha 8 I believe.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kitsune

Yay got my pc back and its shiny. ::)

Now i can play rimworld TTM again and can enjoy v3.3, sadly i have to wait till tomorrow i need to sleep soon, soooo sleepy.*lay's down on the floor and sleeps*

Thorin

Besides the EdB's mods (prepare carefully and advanced UI). I also tried out the Mod Order and Xtra Trees. Both work with TTM without a glitch (so far).

The first one is a blast to have and second one really adds beauty to the game. Love those cherry blossom trees (the others too).

*Edit* made an error in "without ttm" -> "with ttm"
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Igabod

Quote from: Thorin on November 20, 2014, 05:10:11 AM
Besides the EdB's mods (prepare carefully and advanced UI). I also tried out the Mod Order and Xtra Trees. Both work without TTM without a glitch (so far).

The first one is a blast to have and second one really adds beauty to the game. Love those cherry blossom trees (the others too).

The Cherry Blossom Trees are my favorites as well. I was really pleased with how they came out. Glad to know you are enjoying them. :)

MaxtheINFINITE

So,
Is this an actual "tech tree" or a mod filled with a boatload of mods?
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

Rikiki

This is a sort of "customized" modpack.
It contains both the Minami's core mod (made by him) and several patched mods which fit with his techtree (and resources...).

Kitsune

Quote from: MaxtheINFINITE on November 21, 2014, 08:45:31 AM
So,
Is this an actual "tech tree" or a mod filled with a boatload of mods?

Both, its an pack with a lot of mods and a nice tech tree with an research project that gives you fluffy pet animals. ;D

Goo Poni

Is there a proper way to hold against this without resorting to barricading the colony inside a blast door and using the blast door's implementation of opening and closing to kite the zombies over? I have like 15 colonists and 10 crematoriums and we didn't manage to finish clearing up the last horde which were all cloth and bones by the time this lot turned up. I tried mortars (how can you miss a blob of enemies THAT large?) with 15 mortars going, they weren't accomplishing much, when 15 mortars would devastate siegers with counterbattery fire. I tried Tac-50s for the 3-shot instagibbing potential of killing a target and then the "missed" shots kill other targets. Not enough. These things usually take a couple days to mop up. It's insane. I think I might just build several missile launchers and keep a very healthy stock of missiles.

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Goo Poni on November 22, 2014, 07:12:03 AM
Is there a proper way to hold against this without resorting to barricading the colony inside a blast door and using the blast door's implementation of opening and closing to kite the zombies over? I have like 15 colonists and 10 crematoriums and we didn't manage to finish clearing up the last horde which were all cloth and bones by the time this lot turned up. I tried mortars (how can you miss a blob of enemies THAT large?) with 15 mortars going, they weren't accomplishing much, when 15 mortars would devastate siegers with counterbattery fire. I tried Tac-50s for the 3-shot instagibbing potential of killing a target and then the "missed" shots kill other targets. Not enough. These things usually take a couple days to mop up. It's insane. I think I might just build several missile launchers and keep a very healthy stock of missiles.
The problem with the "dead" zombies (can the dead die again? ???) can be solved via corpse-stockpile + molotov cocktail (or flamethrower, something that causes fires), but that amount of zombies can only be solved by superior firepower, which means MOAR DAKA (as many turrets and high dmg + firerate weapons as possible)

Goo Poni

The only problem is Rimworld is a numbers game like D&D. Whether your guys are plebs with guns or dead eye masters of their trade, this event throws SO MANY zombies that shit will stick. It's like if you threw a horde of low damage ranged monsters at a party in D&D. With enough numbers, you can and will nickle & dime the party to death.
I modified the Lee Enfield to have 50 range, 20 damage, perfect accuracy at range and a horrific 1s aimtime so my colonists can cycle those bolts like this is a FPS sniper rifle montage with the infinite ammo cheat turned on. It can wreck regular raiders pretty well though those are also getting large enough that they are capable of attacking and causing some pretty major damage at times. I thought I had made the Lee completely imba (Fallout 3 and NV told me that in vidya games, hunting rifles > all) but the zombie horde just doesn't care. I also edited one of the LMGs, making it's time-between-bursts into the aimtime and cooldown, creating a monster that endlessly spews bullets for as long as targets are within range. A colony's worth of those was less effective than the Lees.
To be able to handle numbers of this size, I would have to overhaul the front door and give myself like 30 extra colonists all with Lees to create a firing squad the size of a small army. But then the game would only throw more at me.
During the particular wave that I screenshot in the earlier post, I spawned about 30 mechanoids consisting of Scythers and Centipedes, and gave them the initiative by way of range advantage, especially for the Scythers. All but one Centipede was smashed to within an inch of their mechanical lives, the other one destroyed outright while no Scythers survived.

And to your comment about do the dead stay dead, I had the zombie outbreak event (which I think would usually start the zombie apocalypse on a colony in progress but this one had the mod enabled from colony inception) and ended up with about half of the myriad of skeletons strewn around the map, that my colony had not yet burned, reanimating and attacking. Skeletons. Just turned into fleshy zombies and attacked.  ::)

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy being the dam that the zombie flood breaks upon, but this is getting crazy and my crappy laptop siezes up for a couple seconds whenever a zombie horde attacks and doesn't quite recover until they're mostly all dead because of the literally hundreds of pawns being rendered and pathing around. The game runs like a slideshow when they first spawn in and all pathfind to the nearest colonist.

Halinder

Hey uh, is there any way you could collaborate with the Mechanical Defense 2 mod maker to make it so the animal genocide event doesn't entirely wipe out every single droid?

Takamiki

i got a question and a problem with the mod, first the question do you need the original mods for the patches to work for this? and the problem i am having is that with the Mai robots when they go into drafted mode they become magenta colored boxes, i wonder if this problem is due to not having the original Mai mod installed?