[A17] Jabbamonkey's Textures

Started by jabbamonkey, August 19, 2017, 03:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbamonkey

Jabbamonkey's Texture Packs

I'm back, after a long hiatus. I have a bunch of graphic packs that I will be adding over the next few days. I'll upload them in pieces. This initial post in this thread will contain links to the files for download. I'll post individual posts within this thread that explain each pack in detail...

Download
I've broken the graphic packs into parts ... in case some people don't like certain graphics. Each pack must be downloaded / installed / activated separately.
Jabbamonkey's Textures - Sculptures : Download | Preview
Jabbamonkey's Textures - UI : Download | Preview

Currently Working On:
Jabbamonkey's Texture Overhaul : Download | Preview
(a bunch of other graphics, including production benches, furniture and joy revisions, misc equipment, power and resources)

Installation Instructions:
1. Download the zip file.
2. Unzip (decompress) the zip file. This will create a folder containing the mod.
3. Place the unzipped folder into your Mods/ directory.
4. Run the game, and activate the Mod.

Conflicts
At the moment, there should be no conflicts. These are simple texture replacements.

Future Fixes
Need some help cleaning these up a bit. If you check out the Art and Sculptures, I'm looking for someone to help be reduce the "shadow effect" that appears behind the sculptures (see the screenshot for the sculptures below).
For the user interface, some of the textures that I created aren't showing up. If someone can help explain why, let me know. Specifically, the caravan and world/map icons (i.e. settle, split caravan, form caravan) and a few others.

jabbamonkey

Jabbamonkey's Art & Sculptures

Download
Jabbamonkey's Textures - Sculptures

2. Unzip (decompress) the zip file. This will create a folder containing the mod.

Individual Artwork

Grand Sculptures

Large Sculptures

Small Abstract Sculptures

Small Bust Sculptures

jabbamonkey

Jabbamonkey's User Interface Graphics

Download
Jabbamonkey's Textures - UI

kaptain_kavern

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Wishmaster on August 19, 2017, 05:05:59 PM
steam ?

I don't use steam. If someone has a tutorial for easily adding mods to steam (without forcing me to download the steam app), then let me know.

kaptain_kavern

Nah you can't, you have to launch the game via Steam to upload the mod on the workshop (from the game mod list screen). It's pretty $&*&%$ to say the least, IMHO :-P

RetPaladinlol

Wow, that's a really nice looking overhaul of the command icons. Can't wait to try this, thanks for uploading.

Hungry Colonist

Awesome art textures man! The UI icons are also better to look at.

Dat bulldozer tho  ::)

Heni

Nice mod man, can you do textures for pawns and animals?

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Heni on August 20, 2017, 07:55:42 AM
Nice mod man, can you do textures for pawns and animals?
I started doing the pawns awhile back. They are tough though ... because they have to work with all of the clothing.

As for the animals ... I rather like the latest animals (as opposed to the animals back in A10, when I was pretty active).  Check out the Megafauna mod for some cool animals, and the Alpha Animals pack (waiting for the A17 upgrade).

jabbamonkey

Preview
A preview of the work that I'm doing on all the other graphics in the game.
Alot are completed... Take a look...

A17 Download:
www.classicgaming.cc/mods/rimworld/JabbaGraphicsv1.zip

A graphic preview of SOME of the many images recreated...

kaptain_kavern

Spino

Honestly, phenomenal job, man - if there was ever going to be something along the lines of "Rimworld HD" they should totally hire you to work on the textures, those are gorgeous  ;D
Your take on the muffalo is also very nice and believable!

IWannaChaos

The sculptures look great, nice work! I remember the UI from an older mod.