[MOD REQUEST] I think it's a simple mod request

Started by ferrets, August 26, 2017, 09:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferrets

I don't know how hard this would be, but I'm newer to the game and I don't use any mods asides from one or two that only add more hairstyles and adds animal ear tuques. I try not to add too many mods to my games because i'm more vanilla when it comes to sandbox games, but for me I feel this is sort of necessary and maybe others would appreciate it too.

I feel like it might be simple but I could be completely wrong. Is there any way the game can be modded so that Predatory animals are as peaceful as the non-predator animals, and just eat grass like the others do?

I play my games with any sort of animal disaster events off and hunting turned off, but I still sometimes get attacked by foxes and the like.

So my question is, is there any way someone (Or if it is easy I want to maybe try doing it myself) could make it so all animals in the game are Peaceful/Harmless/Non-predatory? It would be great and if someone knows a mod that has already done this I would love to see, I spent a while looking for one but can't find a mod that does only this and nothing else.

I noticed a lot of animal mods on the steam workshop but they are bit too complicated for me and I prefer the game just as it is but without animals randomly attacking.

Thanks so much for reading! I would love to tackle this mod myself if it is easy, but would appreciate any help in the slightest because it would definitely help me enjoy the game much more.

kaptain_kavern

Hi there,

In their code, all animals have a value that sets their "food regime". What you want looks as simple as setting this value to "herbivore" for all animals. Which is not that hard with the new patching possibilities A17 just brought in.

The predators also have a particular tag in their code that sets them to by predator, in theory you could also make a patch to remove this tag from their code but without changing their food regime I suppose all carnivorous animals wouldn't be able to feed themselves.

You can find some tutos on patching mod in the help sections just above. All it will takes is one file with one patch per animal

ferrets

Thank you so much! I think I might look into trying to make it myself, but if anyone else who's more experienced in making mods and wants to make it please let me know!

I'm not very confident in my abilities to make a mod but it sounds maybe easy so I will give it a try. Hopefully I can do it >_<

EDIT: I looked into it, and I don't think it's possible for me to mod this. I have very bad learning difficulties and coding is extremely complicated for me. I won't be able to take on this mod.

Is anyone willing to do this for me? I feel bad asking but looking into the steps it takes to make a mod for this game is far beyond my capability.

Thanks so much to anyone who considers it. I really appreciate it.

ferrets

Hiya, it's been a few days since my last post, and I was wondering if anybody is willing to take on this mod since I don't think I'll be able to do it. Thank you for anyone reading and/or considering it! :)

ferrets

Still looking for someone to work on this, if anyone is willing to do it! Thanks <3

Albion

I just went ahead and created a mod that should cover all changes you want.
Docile Animals

All vanilla predators will be docile and consume grass or whatever instead of hunting down other animals.

I didn't do extensive testing but it should work and even be compatible with all mods except for the ones patching or replacing animals.
Other predators added by other mods will not be fixed and will still hunt down their dinner as usual.

ferrets

Thank you so much!!!!!!! Honestly I can't tell you how badly I've wanted this.