[1.2] Sparkling Worlds - Glittertech on the Rim

Started by Albion, August 29, 2017, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Quote from: SirDhyne on April 09, 2019, 07:09:25 PM
How does one actually get started with this mod? All the production benches that I see require materials that I don't know how to fabricate, like computer components and the magnetic coil and the like. Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like you are using Hardcore SK modpack.
But for such a question, the HelpTab mod is your answer.
With this mod you can check ingame items,recipes and at which workbench they are made of and what research are needed.

Ahmi

Having an odd bug where I cannot leave an event map once on it, my screen just goes grey and rimworld begins to not respond shortly afterward. This is especially troublesome for the psychic emitter.

Albion

I just finished updating everything to the latest version of 1.1 (everything is also still 1.0 compatible).
While doing so I also moved the weapons from the modular core to a new stand-alone addon. They're still included in the Full mod as usual.

Enjoy the mod and please consider buying me a coffee. Maintaining this mod (and the others I have) is quite a bit of work.

RicRider

Thank you for updating this mod. Is there a chance you could get it onto something that doesn't require registration like Dropbox, Mediafire or Github? Nexus requires you to make an account.
##Coding Scrub##

Reyghel

Thank you very much dear creator of this fantastic mod for updating it, I admire the work and effort you have achieved with the mod. It should not be easy to create a mod like this with events, items and more. I remember I used it a lot in 1.0. Unfortunately I don't have the game purchased yet, but I play on the account of one of my friends who didn't like the game. If I find out about any error I will write you.

Sophalophagus

Hey

I'm trying to craft some Sirenium, but can't seem to find the receipt on the drug lab or in the research menu. I know I've used it before in 1.0 (I uninstalled and re-installed all mods for 1.1), but can't seem to find it. Any obvious points to where it might be hiding? I use a whole bunch of mods so it might be conflicting with another mod, but everyone else seems to work fine..

The only time Sirenium is mentioned is in the stripped down version of this mod, and I don't think I would have downloaded that when I can get access to the "full" mod.

Canute

I suggest you use
WikiRim too
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1834856478
Then you can use the ingame help, search for sirenium and it will show the recipes,workbenches and needed researches.

Albion

I actually removed Sirenium from the 1.1 version since I felt like it didn't bring much to the table and was creating more issues that benefits.
I could put it back in but for now there weren't that many people asking for it.

Jason_Dayspring

6 Hours work to track down which mod was causing my problem, only to discover the PEBKAC error after tracing it to the Pain Stick item.

Auto Sort left the core mod below the rest...  /sigh

Just putting this here for anyone else that has a glitch from these mods.  Double Check your load order!

My only day off this week, and I wasted what little playing time I had after updating from A19 to 1.1 because I wasn't more careful and trusted the Auto Sort.  /sigh  At least I will be able to play next Monday.

Canute

Jason,
could you please more specify, which mod should be loaded below the core mod !
When i check the Blue moon or Mind altering device, both are labeled as standalone and could be loaded before the main mod.

Albion

Updated Version for 1.2 and backwards compatibility ist available.
Please check the first post for Steam and NexusMods Links.

tmo97

"Compact nuclear reactor - Don't confuse with fusion. This nuclear power plant turns boring uranium into precious power. Warning: Consumes a lot of uranium and damage might lead to detonation." Realisation of the inclusion of this magnificent beauty in this mod, this, yes, this triggered my geek mating call. it sounds like leaning on a sigh, moan, gurgling, that furry thing from star wars whose name I have never before forgotten, it was MMMMMMMMMMMM. Absolutely delicious. Nuclear reactor. A must have.

I don't know why. Either way, thank you. Without you, I would most likely not have had a nuclear reactor in Rimworld, which would impact our world in ways I would not like to imagine.

Shurp

So I own the non-Steam (SendOwl) version of the game, I'm too lazy to convert to Steam or set up a NexusMod account, I guess I'm just out of luck?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Albion

Quote from: Shurp on September 05, 2020, 09:44:23 AM
So I own the non-Steam (SendOwl) version of the game, I'm too lazy to convert to Steam or set up a NexusMod account, I guess I'm just out of luck?

There is also the gitlab version but don't tell anyone  ;)
Nexusmods and Steam have the benefit of informing you if there are new versions or download them directly (in steam).

@tmo97: I'm glad you enjoyed that. I think I called it a compact fission reactor before which is why I included the hint that it isn't fusion  8)

Canute

Quote from: Shurp on September 05, 2020, 09:44:23 AM
Or use RimPy+SteamCMD to download workshop mod's without account.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=52498.0