[Mod Request] Censored Rimworld (IKR BLASPHEMY lol)

Started by Wolf619, September 06, 2017, 10:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf619

I would like a mod that removes drugs completely, lowers amount of mental breakdowns, maybe removes cannibalism (makes humans inedible).
Would be great for me because I have a nephew I think would really love this game but I dont want to explain YAYO or Smokeleaf to an 8 year old kid (explaining why a guy is freaking out on flake is kind of weird to talk about with a kid).
Anyway hopefully nobody spears me for making this suggestion, I just thought of it the other day
might be a way for rimworld to tap into all those MC playing kids, have a KID FRIENDLY mode or mod.
Anyway thanks for reading this, I know some people will get mad when I say censorship.
lol :)

SrGrafo

the amount of censorship you would need to have in the game is quite bigger than just yayo.

"oh those wargs are just playing with the colonist"
"these friendly people just sell people for funcies"
"raiders like to take colonists to hang around in their bases, they will be fine"

kaptain_kavern

I found it's a good idea. Maybe something some modders could do collectively. I have not that much free time for modding lately but hey it could be nice indeed.

Having a precise list of what to remove from the game will help anyone willing to try to help or make the mod

Spar10Tech

Maybe instead of removing drugs just rename them and their interactions.  Might even be able to do a localization mod and change the wording of drugs to "Toys".  Have "Toy use policies" and make some items like 'puzzle cubes' and 'lego blocks' as the different drugs.  There would be several things to rename from the growing plants, recipes, and moodlets. Would have to get creative on how to handle addiction, but I think you could make the actual drug game mechanic family friendly.

Skcuske_Lobuk

Quote from: Wolf619 on September 06, 2017, 10:51:36 AM
I would like a mod that removes drugs completely, lowers amount of mental breakdowns, maybe removes cannibalism (makes humans inedible).
Would be great for me because I have a nephew I think would really love this game but I dont want to explain YAYO or Smokeleaf to an 8 year old kid (explaining why a guy is freaking out on flake is kind of weird to talk about with a kid).
Anyway hopefully nobody spears me for making this suggestion, I just thought of it the other day
might be a way for rimworld to tap into all those MC playing kids, have a KID FRIENDLY mode or mod.
Anyway thanks for reading this, I know some people will get mad when I say censorship.
I grew up in a country which censors a lot of stuff in favor for younger audiences, and it sucked.
Drugs & cannibalism is not ok, but shooting raiders or letting them starve to death in a prison cell is? Is making love in a bed ok, or does this also need explanation censorship?
Maybe you should accept the fact that RW isn't made for kids, and children are clever enough to circumvent censorship if it's just deactivating a mod. Get your nephew Kerbal Space Program or something else which is suitable for his/her age.

kaze0

Censoring content of  a  game  just  becouse  youre  too lazy  to explain kid what  he/she  should  know as  soon as  its  posible  is kinda  ridiculous , just let him learn  that if  one takes  drugs  there  are bad consequencess,if  you  shoot  peaple  they  die(8  years  old  is  enough  to  comprehend such concepts),slapping reality  in the  face  make  humans grow thats how it is  ,deal with it.

Modraneth

give hi ma break
he is just concern his nephew may start to smoke smokeleaf and start shoot some people with a warg as a pet

SirDerpface

Rimworld is the worst game to censor other than Dwarf Fortress. Literally every single aspect of it is death and violence and everything like that. 
Just let the child think drugs are good until all of their colonists die to chemical damage and the ones who don't go berserk. That'l teach drugs are bad wayyy better than having no drugs tbh.

CookieWizard

What about violently ripping organs and limbs off of colonists? People getting kidnapped? And so on and so forth?

The issue with censorship so it could appeal to a younger audience is what exactly do you think should be censored? If your only issue is drugs, I honestly think that your nephew is going to be too young to understand or even properly fuel a drug economy or they're old enough to understand and a video game won't really make a difference on their mentality about them.

Sort of like how if he's shooting people in Rimworld he won't suddenly think that shooting someone IRL is okay. But that's just be two cents.

CannibarRechter

>  That'l teach drugs are bad wayyy better than having no drugs tbh.

I think you are on to something here. What he should do is look into making a mod that makes the drugs have even worse effects than they already do. Anyway, I think he may have the wrong game for a kid, TBH.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

SirDerpface

Quote from: CannibarRechter on September 11, 2017, 07:39:38 AM
>  That'l teach drugs are bad wayyy better than having no drugs tbh.

I think you are on to something here. What he should do is look into making a mod that makes the drugs have even worse effects than they already do. Anyway, I think he may have the wrong game for a kid, TBH.
I feed my colonists yayo as if it was candy, but that's because I know 100% what it does and have spare kidneys all the time, but a child will probably just start crying when their pawn gets brain or kidney damage.

Razzoriel

Yea, we also need to remove guns, because guns are bad.

Also, why are the raiders living outside my colony? I want to make my colony a huge sign "RAIDERS WELCOME" so they don't feel like they're angry because my colonists are such xenophobes.

We should also learn with tribals on how their culture is great, screw space travelling, i want to know how this muffallo shaman is awesome.

Also, forgot to add; WHY ARE THEY BUILDING WALLS???? Walls should be completely removed from the game, we should be building BRIDGES!

By the way, this game's code is sexist.

Dragoon

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118755431 here you go, man. It's not everything you wanted (or maybe it is) but its better than nothing. I don't use it but I won't judge.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Razzoriel on September 11, 2017, 12:13:13 PM
We should also learn with tribals on how their culture is great, screw space travelling, i want to know how this muffallo shaman is awesome.
There's space travel in this game? Weren't FTL, stargates, wormholes, warp drive, etc already censored? Probably to prevent bad things like cultural cross-contamination, interstellar trade and colonial expansion. The evil 4x's of eXpansion, eXtermination, eXploitation, eXploration must come to an end!

No replacement in the works of course. That would be some sort of philosophical support for natural selection, survival of the fittest mechanisms and so on -- clearly a divisive and adversarial environment.

Flowers for everyone; but just the soft pretty ones that can't survive on their own... If any of those survived.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh