[1.0] Androids - The ultimate manpower solution

Started by ChJees, September 16, 2017, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChJees

Quote from: Imca on November 27, 2017, 07:37:44 AM
So my primary battle Droid is now covered in scars, and while they show charecter they are starting to hinder his combat effectivness, will the Droid repair kit remove them?

Also if I can make another sugestion, maybe some Droid upgrades using the implant system might be fun, longer lasting batteries, or upgraded leg hydraulics so they can run down people in melee especialy.

I mean even as a mobile turret, what's the point if it can't reach them? And melee is where there disposability works best, because they get shot.... a lot... and with the new explosion feature.

A droid repair kit will remove missing lparts, scars and replenish their coolant.

As for upgrades, there have been talks of letting people "overclock" their Droids and Androids to make them better but in exchange drastically increase energy consumption. I guess that Droid only upgrades could work though.

e.g Droid repair kit + 75 plasteel + 4 components would make the Droid frame lighter which translates into it getting increased mobility and manipulation.

Marcvs

Questops

Quote from: Marcvs on November 30, 2017, 04:46:28 PM
Hi, will there be the EPOE patch for B18?

This won't be necessary with the latest version of Androids, as androids are now able to utilize anything a human pawn could in previous versions.

Marcvs

Thanks, my fault I have not updated the mods, works fine. ::)

AlanerPolska

Even though I have like 55 Droid Batteries in stockpile, none of the droids care to use them. They just suck up the energy from my net.

Marcvs

AlanerPolska

Quote from: Marcvs on December 04, 2017, 01:29:47 PM
They only use them when there is no resource.
They should primarily use those batteries specially crafted for them, but yet they still power-up from my network.

Bo0g1eMaN

so idk if its a bug or what i would assume so my droids got burnt a little and the game kept giving me warnings about infections and to heal the bots i used medicine instead of a kit just a little issue i thought you should know

smokeyphil

Quote from: AlanerPolska on December 04, 2017, 01:33:16 PM
Quote from: Marcvs on December 04, 2017, 01:29:47 PM
They only use them when there is no resource.
They should primarily use those batteries specially crafted for them, but yet they still power-up from my network.

Its better the way it is, otherwise the droids would plow though the batteries and still be draining your electric grid before you could research how to make them assuming you don't start with that knowledge.

Still its easier to factor in a few more generators than sort out the crafting to the point of making the droid batteries at least i would think in the start of the game.

Though maybe implementing some way of controlling which batteries they pull charge from would be a good idea i'm almost certain that its already in there but if its not then maybe this would be a way around the droids sucking your main grid dry when you need turrets not haulers.  :P     

Listkoe

Can someone post non-steam version of CE patch please ? Im playing on Hardcore SK, and SK without CE don't have any sense...

Criswell

My androids are starving to death!

Am I right in my understanding that food isn't necessary for androids as long as they have power, and that starvation alerts shouldn't be occurring as of the last patch?

Bluntflame

my android died with no injuries!?! WHAT HAPPENED

AllenWL

Is there any particular reason all droids are male? Is there a way to change it?

s44yuritch

The Droids still aren't quite as soulless as they should be: they can initiate and participate in parties.

AllenWL

I'm about 70% sure which gender physic waves effects depends(or is influenced by) on how many colonists are a certain gender.

I say this because my colony has one human pawn who is female, and about 11 droids, making my colony overwhelmingly male. Every single physic event I had effected male colonists, and since the only male colonists in the colony are droids, they basically didn't do a thing. Seriously, some female droids would be nice.

Also, if you have this mod and the psychology mod, droids get a personality. Doesn't do anything as far as I could tell, but still.