[B19] ModSwitch - a Rimworld mod manager

Started by DoctorVanGogh, September 19, 2017, 07:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

good suggestions I would like every one of them.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Aslowturtleayylmao

thx i need this mod hope to see it added to game one day

Harry_Dicks

This mod is an absolute MUST HAVE. However I have a simple request - do you think we could get numbers beside the mods? I ask because when I use the search feature to find a certain mod, it is great, but it won't tell me where it is in my list of 300 mods, so I still have to manually browse through them until I can find it's location. Also, if you are scrolled to the bottom of your list, and you start searching for something, the list of mods essentially goes "blank", because you are looking at the bottom of the list with nothing there, you have to scroll to the top of the list to see what mods your search brought back. It would be nice if when searching for mods, that it would automatically bring the window to the top of the list. I can imagine sometimes that people will search for a mod they thought they had, and the window is blank, but really they just needed to scroll up without realizing it. See, I know I'm an idiot, and I figured there might be some others out there like me that ran into the same issue.

Either way, thanks for this mod, I highly doubt it would be possible for me to play RimWorld with all of these mods without yours! ;D

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 05, 2018, 12:40:06 PM
This mod is an absolute MUST HAVE. However I have a simple request - do you think we could get numbers beside the mods?

:o
Genius.

DoctorVanGogh

However I have a simple request - do you think we could get numbers beside the mods?
Could you be more specific than "numbers"? What numbers? Because I can easily put "a number" next to each mod ;)

Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on January 08, 2018, 07:01:00 PM
However I have a simple request - do you think we could get numbers beside the mods?
Could you be more specific than "numbers"? What numbers? Because I can easily put "a number" next to each mod ;)

As in the number of their number based chronologically when you put them in the current mod list. Example the first three mods you put in, will have a 1, 2, and 3 beside their name. That way, when I search for 1 specific mod in my list of 300, I can see that it's in slot number 159. So when I try moving it around or just try something different or whatever, I can remember what slot it was in to put it back, or whatever it was that I was doing. Sometimes I'm not the best at explaining this stuff :P

Canute

A timestamp, hmm could be useful.
But currently you could just colour your newest mods different.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 09, 2018, 04:16:52 AM
A timestamp, hmm could be useful.
But currently you could just colour your newest mods different.

Not a timestamp, just a number beside them based on their location in the list. I wouldn't really need to know if I added a certain mod at 10:15am :P

Canute

But i think a simple timestamp could be easyer to add to an entry, then another array to keep track which mod got first.

SpaceDorf

I think a timestamp could be useful as to know as well, but only as an additional sorting option.

The Position Number is great to find the position of a Mod in the list after the search option,
The Timestamp is a reminder of when the Mod got moved into this position.

Harry_Dicks

Usernmae

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I was having a hell of a time trying to get 50+ mods out of the steam folder. You're awesome.

asquirrel

Had some kind of mod conflict which locked my Rimworld game up while going into the mods folder.  I go into C:\Users\082914 - I5\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config
and delete all the files in there.  Then I'm able to get back into the mods folder.

I had backed up my mod list before the lockup. 

I went into C:\Users\082914 - I5\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\ModListBackup and could only find one file which was dated last year.  But even while I tried to load that backup, it's not showing up on the restore / load icon. 

What files should I backup from Modswitch before I clean out my config directory so that I can clean out the config directory and restore my last backup?  Thanks! :)

DoctorVanGogh

There's a working version for 1.0 unstable available on github:

https://github.com/DoctorVanGogh/ModSwitch/releases/tag/1.0.1.5

This requires a manual install.

If you're currently running the steam version for B18 you'll have to copy it's settings over.

Things not yet done:
- Merge 1.0 mod search highlight filter & ModSwitch filter... 2 search boxes are just... no ;)
- Add import/export functionality for ModSwitch
- Add Cloud sync

Test away ;)
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

Sixdd

Thanks for the update Doc, I love this mod. Can't wait for the cloud sync feature :D