ModSwitch

A Rimworld mod manager.

Allows you to

• Restore a saved list of mods
  • Save the current list of active mods
  • Load a ModSet from a savegame
  • Colorize mods in the mod list for better organization
  • Can import ModListBackup settings
  • 'Copy local' options for Steam workshop mods. Also copies the mod's settings. Allows manual updates of such local copies to the current version on steam.
  • (Somewhat assisted) installation help for missing mods
Installation
Subscribe on Steam
Get the mod from the github project page.

Changelog

Version 0.19.1.5a
- B19 release

Version 0.18.1.4:
- B18 support
- new versioning scheme (game-major.game-minor.mod-major.mod-minor) - let's see how this works

Version 1.3:
- New option: Import ModSet from savegame
- Support sorting/reordering ModSets though Drag & Drop in Settings
- Deferred restarts when active Mods have changed (actual new/load game still forces a restart)
- Restore version mismatch hint in ModConfig (Mod coloring does hide vanilla coloring for outdated mods)
- Improved ModListBackup import: Import backup *names* too
- Fix rare potential error on MLB import
- Fix error with 'overwrite' option for new ModSets when no ModSets exist

Version 1.2:
- Adds a search bar to the mod list
- Remembers the original steam mod for mods copied locally and supports *manually* upgrading to the latest steam version (if available)
  (To manually set a steam source for an already created local copy hold SHIFT before opening the right click menu on the copy)
- Can overwrite existing mod sets when creating a new snapshot

Version 1.1:
- Added 'copy local' to mods from Steam. Also copies settings for the duplicated mod.
Version 1.0a:
- Fixed some minor initialization issue

If you snuck in and downloaded the now removed 1.0 version, grab 1.0a - it fixes a tiny issue that only happens if you never used any of the alpha builds.

Feature requests
From the 'unfinished' thread:
  • A limited set of custom colors
  • Drag/drop improvements

Bugs & issues

Please report any errors or issues here or on the github issue tracker.

License:
    This mod is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Thanks to scuba156 for his ModListBackup - whatever the issue is with that mod, and if it is available or not, maintained or not, this one is under a license that will allow it to stay alive even if I get hit by a truck (happy now erdelf? ;) )
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

Olib

A few days ago I suddenly felt a huge void in my life. I think this mod could be the solution.

DoctorVanGogh

New release - now has a nifty button to make local copies of steam mods. 8)

Mehni

Now that's a practical feature I wish I had a week ago.

SpaceDorf

Sweet.

The last wish I had for ModListBackup was the :

"Don't you dare restarting now .. " - Button.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 21, 2017, 12:21:43 AM

Very very bad idea.... New mods cannot be loaded in and already loaded mods cannot be "unloaded". So the hard "Hi there... I'm just gonna leave and come back in" approach is actually the best you can do here...

Maybe if you would elaborate on the use case/justification :D

megrim

I have a request. I dont know how possible this is.

Can you institute an (optional) feature that backs up our Steam Workshop mods?

EG, When we get a mod from Steam Workshop, it zips it up and puts it in a mod backup folder.

1) If the mod gets deleted from Steam Workshop, your mod lets us know, and restores it as a local mod.
2) If the mod gets updated at Steam Workshop, your mod lets us know, and also backs up the update seperately.

Canute

megrim,
I have a request i don't know if it is possible for you. :-)
Could you read at last a few posting above before you post anything ?
Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on September 20, 2017, 06:53:44 PM
New release - now has a nifty button to make local copies of steam mods. 8)

Kori

DoctorVanGogh

Well... this mod is not going to turn into an automated one-thing-to-backup-them-all machine. There are ways you can keep automated copies of any steam workshop content (not just RW related) with Volumes in subfolders and shadow copies... maybe I'll put together a how-to for that one day.

What this mod will support however, is 'better' handling of local mod copies. The next version will 'remember' where you copied a mod from, indicate that it is a copy from steam and support syncing the mod to the current steam version (assuming one still exists 8))

Here's a preview:

The adventurous can give this a try with the corresponding feature branch on github. There may be some issues left... it's still in development after all. But since this feature needs to catch a steam mod which gets updated & then have that update trickle down to the local steam client, testing this is kind of painfull.

Also, if you can think of anything that would make this easier, suggest the hell out of it.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on September 21, 2017, 08:57:08 AM
Maybe if you would elaborate on the use case/justification :D

Of course I will, because I would really like this option.
I know that restarting the game is the best/only way to update the actived/deactivated mods.
So the better name for the button would be Cancel / Later in addition to a SystemLog Entry.

First and most I would like it for when I accidently leave the mod menu.
This happens more than I want to admit.

Second something messed up the mod menu and I have to leave and re-enter.

Third I changed the mods first and notice while changing that I need to change a game option that requires a restart as well, language for example

Fourth is for cleaning up my modfolder, when I accidently have a mod twice, or a newer version but can't keep them apart from the modlist and/or folder ..

Fifth when I accidently hit Escape in the wrong menu when multitasking .. I confess it is included in point one, but still worth mentioning.

I can think of some more reasons if you want :)

But Six : Pretty Please I really want this.
How about you make it a ModMenu Feature. "Only activate this option if you think you know what you are doing."

asquirrel

I installed this and can't get the different colors.  How do I do that?  Thanks!

AngleWyrm

+1; I don't want software to attempt (and fail at) that task.

I would much rather there be a warning light that shows the mod list has changed, so that when I finally get done messing around with my mod order and loadout then I can shut the game down.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: asquirrel on September 23, 2017, 10:22:43 PM
I installed this and can't get the different colors.  How do I do that?  Thanks!
Right click ;)

Be aware clicking does not work on the currently selected mod (the one with the highlight background). There's a thing in the vanilla code which eats clicks for already selected elements. Since it's pretty easy to work around (just select another mod first... duh), I haven't looked into getting this to work.

Also:
The 'no restart now' stuff will probably take the form of adding a 'Later' button to the 'I'm gonna restart' dialog and disabling the 'new/load colony' buttons with 'you gotta restart' ones.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on September 24, 2017, 04:03:08 AM
Also:
The 'no restart now' stuff will probably take the form of adding a 'Later' button to the 'I'm gonna restart' dialog and disabling the 'new/load colony' buttons with 'you gotta restart' ones.

Thats all I ever wanted and just how I imagened it.
Thank you very much  :D