[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larSyn

[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Description
Smokeleaf Industry is a mod that adds various new drugs, foods, medicines, building materials and more all based around Smokeleaf cultivation and processing.  All items added by the mod are based on real world applications of "smokeleaf" and it's byproducts.  Medicinal, recreational and industrial uses are all included. 
Research must be conducted in order to unlock the various items and their uses.

Note: Many aspects of the vanilla smokeleaf joint have been changed.
Most importantly, the recipe now requires smokeleaf buds that can be obtained by trimming your plants.
Trimming and rolling are unlocked after researching Smokeleaf Cultivation.

Additions

Downloads

[1.0] v_1.14a

Changelog

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update to v1.14a

-fixed Hempene Solar Panels
-buffed Hempene battery
-nutrition balances
-words

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated to v1.13a

-removed Architect Sense support for new vanilla categories
-research balancing
-general balancing
-fixed VG Fabric and Medicine patches
-words

Updated to v1.12a

-update to 1.0

Updated to v1.11a

-added VGP patch for bandage kits

Updated to v1.11

-Updated to B19
        -Added Chinese Translation (thanks шав)

Updated to v1.10c

Smokeleaf Industry
Changelog:

-Fixed VGP Fabric conflict.

Updated to v1.10b

Smokeleaf Industry
Changelog:

-Fixed Chemfuel recipe producing Hempoline. (thanks Vlad0mi3r)
-Reduced Hemp solar panel cost. *A note about the solar panels.  They still store the same 1700w as the vanilla panels, but they transmit 10x more power when they are active.  I didn't have time to make a new class to raise the storage capacity, but will look to do so in the future.*
-Reduced market value of Hempoline.

Updated to v1.10a

Smokeleaf Industry
Changelog:

-Changed Autotrimmer power requirement
-Added Sea of Green (SOG - grows faster/less yield) and Screen of Green (SCROG - grows slower/larger yield) growing techniques
-Made nanosheets into "Stuff" - It is slightly stronger than plasteel due to the amount of work to make it.
-Changed Smokeleaf Plant description
-Removed all uses of SI products being fuel sources (except hempoline)
-Made the Space Bucket "Artable" Furniture to add Beauty to it
-Added variant graphics for all smokeleaf plants
-Words[/center]

Installation/Updating
Unzip the downloaded archive and place the contents in your RimWorld/Mods folder. Then, activate the mod in the mod menu in-game.

Load order shouldn't matter, but, if you have Architect Sense installed, put Smokeleaf Industry after it.

If you want to install mid-game, make sure you have no bills for making Smokeleaf joints set first. If you have Vegetable Garden Project, remove any hemp fabric you might have first, and then activate SI.
Should be ok, but no guarantees and not recommended.

To update, delete the Smokeleaf Industry folder in your RimWorld/Mods folder and unzip and place the updated mod in the folder.

Requirements
None, but, if you have Architect Sense installed, put Smokeleaf Industry after it.

Compatibility
Probably not compatible with any other mods that depend on the vanilla smokeleaf joint recipe.  Should be good with everything else. 
If not, please let me know.

Compatibility Patches

All mod compatibility patches are now included in the main mod thanks to ModCheck

Load Order

Load order shouldn't be an issue anymore.  But, to be safe, put Smokeleaf Industry after any mod it has a compatibility patch for.

Credit/Thanks
First, thanks to all the veteran modders posting in the Help forum. I have been a serial lurker there for the past few months,
and with all their unknowing help I was able to start learning how to mod Rimworld.
Thanks to Fluffy for Architect Sense, and bringing some order to the menus.
Thanks to dismar for Vegetable Garden, AshbornK9 for Project Fallout and dburgdorf for all his various mods.
I spent a considerable amount of time reading through the files for these mods (and the Core files) and learned quite a bit.
Thanks to Marnador for the awesome font.
Thanks to Nightingale for the very useful ModCheck.
And, special thanks to Tynan for such a great game.

License

Vlad0mi3r

Awesome mod will have to try it.

Will be waiting for the Workshop though I play on a MAC
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

SpaceDorf

I like the graphics.

Now I want to build a great commune full of chemical interested nudists :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

grimsurgent

downloading so I can make my stoners shack out of hempcrete

DiamondBorne

I'm about to say turning smokeleaves into buildling blocks is so unrealistic and too far fetch... Then i saw that they're very real. I feel a little bit dumb. :-X

Anyway, i really like your art style. It fits perfectly with Rimworld. And mind giving us stats and little description of what those new products can do?

tchiseen

I'll repeat what everyone is saying, the art in this mod is incredible. Keep up the good work!

Autosleep

I always avoid these type of mods because the art usually is quite awful, this mod feels completely the opposite, it looks gorgeous! Will test for incompatibilities in my current playthrough.

larSyn

Hi, everyone.  Very happy to hear you all like my artwork.  TBH, I was a bit nervous posting, as this is my first ever mod (also new to using forums).  But, the feedback so far is very encouraging.  Thanks!  I have started a couple other mods as well and am looking forward to sharing them now too.

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on September 20, 2017, 11:09:43 PM
I hope to have this up by the end of the day, and if not, at least before the weekend.

Quote from: DiamondBorne on September 21, 2017, 06:24:51 AM
I'm about to say turning smokeleaves into buildling blocks is so unrealistic and too far fetch... Then i saw that they're very real. I feel a little bit dumb. :-X

Anyway, i really like your art style. It fits perfectly with Rimworld. And mind giving us stats and little description of what those new products can do?
Haha, yeah the blocks are definitely real, but don't feel dumb, I had never seen them before either.  I did a bunch of research into the uses of hemp and was surprised to see it used as a building material.  The one major product I couldn't think of a good use for was hemp rope.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them.

Also, I'll see about adding some short descriptions for everything.  If it helps, the drugs, edibles and medicines are shown in descending order of strength/effectiveness.

Quote from: Autosleep on September 21, 2017, 07:59:02 AM
I always avoid these type of mods because the art usually is quite awful, this mod feels completely the opposite, it looks gorgeous! Will test for incompatibilities in my current playthrough.
Thanks! Please let me know if you find anything.

And good luck with your communes!

Canute

Yep, another talent artist ! :-)
I didn't played the mod so far, but i got some suggestions
- Could you please made the download link a bit bigger, you have a Very big Download, but a very small "v1.0" with the link itself.
Maybe put the direct download link at the "Download A17" so no githubpage will be opened, and then below the "v1.0" to the github project?

QuoteThe recipe now requires 2 smokeleaf buds and may only be rolled at a Drug Lab or Cultivation Bench
after researching Smokeleaf Cultivation.
I would leave the original joint recipe at the crafting spot, and add a new more efficient one (just 2 leaves ) the the drug lab.

-Hempoline, why not change it into Chemfuel and the generator use chemfuel ? Or remove the generator, because there are allready chemfuel fueled generators mods.

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Canute on September 21, 2017, 11:31:29 AM

-Hempoline, why not change it into Chemfuel and the generator use chemfuel ? Or remove the generator, because there are allready chemfuel fueled generators mods.

Because its a hemp mod and its cool to have Hempoline. Chemfuel sucks balls and is only good for mortar shells when you haven't had an arms dealer come by. I don't want to get off topic but I bet there are not to many players who get excited when they find out their deep drill is over a chemfuel site.

How about a Hemp based mortar round that explodes the same size as an EMP shell but makes everyone hit by it affected by smokeleaf.
Mods I would recommend:

The Mod you must have:

larSyn

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on September 20, 2017, 11:09:43 PM

It's up on Steam Workshop now.

Quote from: Canute on September 21, 2017, 11:31:29 AM
Yep, another talent artist ! :-)

- Could you please made the download link a bit bigger, you have a Very big Download, but a very small "v1.0" with the link itself.
Maybe put the direct download link at the "Download A17" so no githubpage will be opened, and then below the "v1.0" to the github project?

I would leave the original joint recipe at the crafting spot, and add a new more efficient one (just 2 leaves ) the the drug lab.

First, thanks! 

Next, I took your suggestion for the download links.  Bigger, a direct download option and a Steam link now as well. 

The joint recipe is probably going to stay the same.  The buds are pretty important for the rest of the mod and have to stay as they are.  Also, it makes more sense to roll a joint from them. Since there is an extra step in getting the buds I wanted to compensate with a cheaper recipe.  I could add them back to the crafting spot if people would prefer that, but, they will still be locked behind the initial research.

Basically what Vlad said.  I wanted to use as many real world applications as I could, and this is one of the more popular ones.  Plus, this was/is a learning experience for me and I wanted to add some sort of power gen.  It might be a bit OP, though...I may end up nerfing it a bit.  And, there is a use for Chemfuel in the mod.

Vlad0mi3r

Awesome  :D ;D :)

Thankyou I will upload some screen shots once I get a base up and running.
Mods I would recommend:

The Mod you must have:

Highlandman

Hi, great mod ideia and application, as I can see. Is the mod compatible with vegetable garden? VG adds a hemp cloth recipe to the Loom crafting bench. I assume if I add this mod to my current list I will have 2  types of hemp fiber in my stockpiles?

Canute

QuoteBasically what Vlad said.  I wanted to use as many real world applications as I could, and this is one of the more popular ones.  Plus, this was/is a learning experience for me and I wanted to add some sort of power gen.  It might be a bit OP, though...I may end up nerfing it a bit.  And, there is a use for Chemfuel in the mod.
Yep, there is no use for chemfuel at your mod, but no other mod use Hempoline, but serveral other mods use chemfuel.
Diesel-generator, a more efficient fueled generator.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30898.0
Dropship
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31906.0

Just think about it, or maybe add chemfuel to as fuel to your generator too.

larSyn

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on September 21, 2017, 09:37:59 PM
Awesome  :D ;D :)

Thankyou I will upload some screen shots once I get a base up and running.

No problem!  Had to get it up there eventually.  Let me know what you think about it after you've had some play time.

Quote from: Highlandman on September 22, 2017, 01:51:46 AM
Hi, great mod ideia and application, as I can see. Is the mod compatible with vegetable garden? VG adds a hemp cloth recipe to the Loom crafting bench. I assume if I add this mod to my current list I will have 2  types of hemp fiber in my stockpiles?

Thanks!  Yeah...for now there will be two types.  I'll look into making a patch.  I'm planning on putting out an update already (funny how easy it is to miss some stuff), so I'll try and include that in it. For now, the two recipes work differently, so you could avoid having both pretty easily (ie. you have process the smokeleaf leaves in this mod in order to get the hemp fibers which are then turned into the fabric.  VG , iirc, smokeleaf leaves are used for the fabric recipe.  So, if you're processing all your leaves anyway, it should be fairly easy to avoid having both.  Except for Cargo Pods...)  Got a working patch, but I want to check if dismar is ok with it before posting it.

Quote from: Canute on September 22, 2017, 03:20:32 AM
Just think about it, or maybe add chemfuel to as fuel to your generator too.

I use the Diesel Generator mod in my current game.  I'll think about adding chemfuel to the generator.  It would probably end up working very similar to the diesel generator.  Not sure, though.