[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwWraith

Quote from: Mehni on January 30, 2018, 02:29:45 PM
Quote from: Canute on January 30, 2018, 10:15:18 AM
Another thing, pawn still put chunks into their inventory when you order them to haul. But you can't force them to drop them.
Lucky they drop/unload them when they are going to unload.

If you check the stacktrace output on the error when that happens you'll see that this is a problem caused by Simple sidearms. It's not a problem I can fix without preventing colonists stuffing chunks in their inventory entirely. I posted in the appropriate forum thread and I hope PeteTimesSix fixes it on his side.

If he doesn't it, I'll either have to hardcode some workaround or degrade functionality for everybody using this mod: not just the people who use both Simple Sidearms and Pick Up And Haul.

Looks like PeteTimesSix is not active for about 2 months and SimpleSidearms has several old unresolved issues :( Maybe you can add a setting to toggle stuffing chunks in the inventory? Btw I think it's not a very realistic situation when someone is strong enough to bring several chunks with them ;)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Mehni

It's also not very realistic to stuff a dozen stacks of pemmican in their inventory :P

I feared as such though, and I'll do the hardcoded work-around. No chunks if you're a Simple sidearms user.

Canute

Much thanks ! :-)
I know it is a pain for a new modder, when the author of a popular mod is MIA.

Kori

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 30, 2018, 08:20:18 AM
CE isn't even fully patched to B18 yet, though?

I'm playing with the B18 version from this post
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33461.msg388865#msg388865
for a few days now and it runs far so fine except for a few minor bugs.

Mehni

Quote from: pinguin42 on January 30, 2018, 02:14:07 PM
2 notable issues with screenshots here https://imgur.com/a/kCqvZ:

• Items don't seem to stack in colonists inventories anymore, so when I deconstructed a ruin on the map a hauler came over, picked up 3 stacks of ~5 blocks and returned to the stockpile. Screenshot 1
  • Colonists don't  unload their entire inventory when there is still stuff to haul (not consistently, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't). Same example; when another hauler with more than 3 items in her inventory arrived at the stockpile, she unloaded a single stack and went right back out there to pick up another stack of 4 blocks Screenshots 2, 3, and 4

So this turned out to be a pretty interesting problem to solve, and one that I am glad was raised.

I think I did well, if I say so myself.

Sarge

pinguin42

Looks great, tomorrow I'll download and play with the update for a bit and report back.

Quote from: Sarge on January 31, 2018, 03:13:14 PM
It feels like I can stare at that .gif all day

I feel like if I watch it long enough they will clear the second half too  :P

SzQ

Hello Mehni

Can we get version of Climate Cycle++ without restriction of 8 years and 20 times multiplier? Or to set those restrictions to higher values?
I just wish to that this mod could replace stacking up cold snaps to play at extreme low temperatures.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Harry_Dicks

Damn Mehni, you are doing a fantastic job with this. I of course am not a programmer, so I can only try to imagine how you make the magic happen under the hood. Magic Mehni! Mehni's Magic! 8)

Mehni

Quote from: SzQ on January 31, 2018, 04:49:03 PM
Hello Mehni

Can we get version of Climate Cycle++ without restriction of 8 years and 20 times multiplier? Or to set those restrictions to higher values?
I just wish to that this mod could replace stacking up cold snaps to play at extreme low temperatures.

I added another offset to the "Winter is coming" option. That alone should drop temps by at least 20°C. There was an unoptimality in there that caused a slight rise before the dip. Grab it from GitHub or Steam.

Mehni

Updated Pick Up And Haul too.

Vastly improved hauling, unloading and compatibility (specifically robots). People using both Simple sidearms and Pick Up And Haul won't have their pawns pick up un-droppable chunks.

Harry_Dicks

Mehni, could I ask if you plan on expanding Climate Cycle++ in anyways? I'm losing hope that Cold Desert Nights will ever be updated.

Help us Magic-Mehni, you're my only hope! 8)

Sleeeper

Quote from: Mehni on January 31, 2018, 06:28:08 PM
Updated Pick Up And Haul too.

Vastly improved hauling, unloading and compatibility (specifically robots). People using both Simple sidearms and Pick Up And Haul won't have their pawns pick up un-droppable chunks.
Last update breaks simple sidearms mod: weapons disappear from inventory when switched.

Also sidearms disappear when you click drop on ground from inventory screen (white arrow).
The game plays drop sound but weapon doesn't appear on ground.

Tried removing PickUp and Haul - sidearms work again without it.

Older PickUpAndHaul-0.18.0.2 doesn't have that issue so I'll stick with it for now.

Canute

Mehni,
new issue with Minions  from Rim of Magic mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37161.345
Minion's refuse to work, but all other pawn's and animals work/haul like they should
Exception in SetupToils (pawn=TM_MinionR271259, job=HaulToCell (Job_545255) A=Thing_Apparel_UCFASTStone263939 B=(138, 0, 220)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PickUpAndHaul.PawnUnloadChecker.CheckIfPawnShouldUnloadInventory (Verse.Pawn,bool) <0x0004f>
at PickUpAndHaul.HarmonyPatches.JobDriver_HaulToCell_PostFix (Verse.AI.JobDriver_HaulToCell) <0x000c8>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver_HaulToCell.MakeNewToils_Patch1 (object) <0x00030>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.SetupToils () <0x00037>
lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Haul, curJob.def=HaulToCell, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_HaulToCell
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:SetupToils()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob_Patch1(Object, Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
AbilityUser.PawnSummoned:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/51f4978db7735e379ebd73609a5d1f13

When i remove that mod, minion start to work again.
Not sure if your work cause this, or the changed behavior from the minions.

Blue9