[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modinstaller

I have a pawn running around two different stockpiles wasting time right now, and it wasn't just the first item. He's hauling clothes around, some are tainted, some aren't, and I have two different stockpiles for tainted and not tainted. The non-tainted stockpile is the one in the smaller room to the right, the tainted stockpile is the one outside the walls, to the bottom left http://i68.tinypic.com/24oaf6e.jpg

Seems like the sort algorithm doesn't take into account tainted vs clean. I can't remember noticing it with anything else than clothes, but it might be something else altogether ...

Mehni

Quote from: Modinstaller on January 01, 2019, 11:13:59 AMSeems like the sort algorithm doesn't take into account tainted vs clean.

Correct. I usually try to avoid hardcoding but this is one instance where I'll consider it. Added to the mental "refinements to consider"-list. Thanks for the suggestion!

asdfghjk135

https://imgur.com/a/WsOtLVc

lol wat

happened three times out of four
"studies show that keeping a ladder in the house is ten times more dangerous than keeping a loaded gun. That's why I have ten guns around, in case some maniac tries to sneak in with a ladder." ~ Stan Pines

Reize81

I would like to give you a review and a comment on your mod "More Faction interaction"

(english is my second language, please don't be offended by anything, I am trying to be nice ;D)

I really like that there is more going on on the world map. Sadly I rarely do any of the quests that are available. And this is not the quests fault because they are excellent, it is my own fault because I tend to play it safe and I tend to act cautious.

To me, rimworld is not a game about rewards - it is a game about avoiding punishment.

My pawns get tables and fine meals to avoid negative thoughts. Same is true for nice bedrooms and single-bed bedrooms and so on.

What I want to say with that is: The rewards the new quests give are not enough for me to risk sending a caravan. I tend to prefer colder biomes which means longer travel times. So if I send a caravan to help do a harvest or to hunt at a hunter's lodge they will be gone for quite some time. This means in the meantime my colony will be less productive and in case of a raid I will have less people to defend my colony with. Thus I almost never send people out there even if the rewards are good.

And I dislike myself for this, because I feel like I am missing out on something.

That's why I would like you to add something in your next update. I think it would be great if my whole colony would get a negative thought if i fail to do a quest (if the time runs out). For example if I don't send people to help with a harvest my colonists could get a -5 thought "We let our allies down." for 2 quadrums. Or if I don't send someone to an Annual Expo they could get a thought like "But I wanted to show them who's boss!" (-3) for a whole year.
To balance it off there should be positive thoughts for the whole colony if a quest is successful (like "We really made a difference for once" (+2) after successful help with a harvest for two quadrums).

These are just my thoughts.

Moreover I really would like to actually visit the bases of other factions. Again my example is the harvest-help quest: It would be really cool if I could zoom in on the actual harvesting and see my people do it. Maybe it could be done by combining your mod with something like the "real ruins" mod ? But that last bit is just my pipe-dream. Hope my feedback helps a little.

Mehni

Thanks for the review! I really appreciate the constructive criticism and honest feedback.

Much like you, I stuck to home because I hated caravaning itself and found the rewards not worth the risk. MFI's rewards might still not be worth enough by themselves, but since there are more events you can combine different events and do make the most of them. Caravaning has become quite enjoyable for me in 1.0.

Adding a penalty for declining a request or letting it lapse is on the agenda. The implemenation I had in mind was simpler; goodwill degradation. FWIW it's tagged on the GitHub repository as "good first issue" ;-)

I'm also looking for new events/incident that are *negative*. With the events recently added and still planned, the balance has shifted a bit and I want to put it back on track. Suggestions most welcome.

Your pipe-dream, while cool, doesn't quite meet my requirements of effort vs pay-off.

Madman666

I really hope if it will be implemented, it will be optional. Making caravanning mandatory to avoid moodlets will be the ultimate annoyance. There s tons of stuff that can debuff mood and having someone go berserk with last straw being that you just didn't have enough food to send people to visit allies? Just no. Especially super-late game, when its incredibly dangerous to send people out, while rewards don't measure up (like 30 people outposts giving you 100500th masterwork leather chair) and raids are huge enough to pose significant threat regardless of your defenses. Its just my opinion, but making a game mechanic punish you for not using it, won't make it fun to use. It'll become a chore, instead of an interesting opportunity.

On the suggestions note, i d really like for allied\neutral settlements to respawn\spread as wars do tend to wipe them out eventually. I like really long runs and having area around my world tile eventually get deserted feels a bit sad with no neighbors to trade with. I really think they should also rebuild and expand, the way pirates do, so the world map keeps being bustling and alive even after several years played.

Modinstaller

Back again with a suggestion for pick up and haul : pawns load pod launchers slowly, using the vanilla hauling behavior (hauling items one by one). It'd be awesome if they could use pick up and haul's behavior.

VakarisJ

I've been having weird issues with Pick Up and Haul.

A pawn in marine armor is trying to haul a granite chunk from full priority normal to priority critical with one slot remaining. The pawn is at 18.89/35kg and doesn't have enough space to store a 25kg chunk, but, for some odd reason, tries to do so anyway, instead of picking it up in its hands. This causes it to get stuck in an endless loop of trying to pick it up and failing, lagging up my game due to the pathfinding algorithm and freezing the pawn in place.

The pawn's status keeps rapidly swapping between "Standing." and "Gathering granite chunk to hauling inventory." and the only ways to fix it (albeit temporarily) are to either expand the critical stockpile (which causes it to haul using its hands) or remove the heavy armor, freeing up enough carry capacity. Drafting the pawn only pauses its loop while it's drafted and it gets stuck again once let loose.

I have also tried disabling all of my other mods, which did nothing to fix the issue.
Since the forum has a filesize limit of 1mb, the bugged save file can be downloaded here. It's a bit misshapen without the mods, but the issue is still readily apparent.

Canute

QuoteI have also tried disabling all of my other mods, which did nothing to fix the issue.
Thats sound familar.
Did you tried to update the mod if you don't use steam ?

VakarisJ

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2019, 03:04:35 PM
QuoteI have also tried disabling all of my other mods, which did nothing to fix the issue.
Thats sound familar.
Did you tried to update the mod if you don't use steam ?

The mod was last updated a month and a half ago, according to the original post. I got the mod only a few weeks ago.

Canute

When you look at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35832.msg442857#msg442857
you notice i got a similar problem.
What version do you use latest release or the master ?

Mehni

Looks functional to me, using the (attached) Steam version of the mod. I have to admit it's been a while since I did a GitHub release - but none of the minor tweaks I did lately would affect this.

[attachment deleted due to age]

VakarisJ

It seems some minor tweaks did affect it, because the GitHub version keeps bugging out, yet the version you've just attached works great!

Edit: I think I found the problem, even though I got it from GitHub 15 days ago, somehow I ended up with the outdated 1.0.4 version. Oops...

Operative85

I seem to have problems with Trader Dismissal. My colonist moves to an offending trader and just...moves past him. The Trader doesn't go away, and my colony stays laggy :(