[1.1] RunAndGun

Started by Roolo, October 14, 2017, 02:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enemy pawns should be able to shoot while they are fleeing

Yes please! I would do the same if I were fleeing with a gun in my hands.
31 (73.8%)
No, let me have my revenge!
11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

kubolek01

BFG's 10 second cooldown isn't a problem now :D Pretty weird, using it while moving. But mod is mod! ♥♥
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Roolo

Quote from: kubolek01 on October 18, 2017, 12:17:47 AM
BFG's 10 second cooldown isn't a problem now :D Pretty weird, using it while moving. But mod is mod! ♥♥

^^. It might get a litte less weird when I implemented that RunAnGun movement penalty depends on the weapon type being used.

Dragoon

Quote from: Roolo on October 18, 2017, 02:29:05 PM
Quote from: kubolek01 on October 18, 2017, 12:17:47 AM

^^. It might get a litte less weird when I implemented that RunAnGun movement penalty depends on the weapon type being used.

When I saw this I was going to ask if we can just take an aim penalty instead, but then I remembered he was using the BFG and...well aiming is not really a concern.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Ceanox

If you got in contact with the CE develloper, This could have so much potential.
Talking to my friend today about it, imagine like in real life you'll be supressing the enemy while you run to better cover.
I honestly think this is the best, most simple mod for A17, such a simple concept executed flawlessly.

Bravo.

Roolo

Quote from: Ceanox on October 19, 2017, 02:20:43 AM
If you got in contact with the CE develloper, This could have so much potential.
Talking to my friend today about it, imagine like in real life you'll be supressing the enemy while you run to better cover.
I honestly think this is the best, most simple mod for A17, such a simple concept executed flawlessly.

Bravo.

What a nice compliment ^^. You know that you can already do that, right? RunAndGun is CE compatible. The only small problem is that you cannnot RunAndReload at this point, but it still works pretty good IMO.
Edit: I might make a patch in the future that allows reloading while running but I'll focus on non-mod-specific features first.

kukrihaha

Looks like there is a compatibility problem between this mod and SK project. Nothing changes after installing both mods, it properly is caused by the fire suppression system of the SK project. So looking forward any fix on this compatibility.

Canute

You should tell the HCSK team to add this mod to their project, because HCSK is unique and you shouldn't use other mods together with them.

Roolo

Ok I locked the poll, the answer seems very clear. I'll implement flee and gun as a default when it's optional. There is still a vast minority that prefers fleeing pawns not to return fire, so this is an extra motivation to add the option to disable flee and gun to the options in the next release. This week I'm really busy with real life things, but next week I'll have plenty of time for new releases. 

Nightinggale

How about adding a mental state for pawns to panic, which gives +10% move, but they can't run&gun. On fleeing, pawns might get it, in which case some pawns will shoot while others just run away as fast as possible. Maybe make this optional as well, or with optional percentage chance for each pawn with slider from 0 to 100%.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Roolo

Quote from: Nightinggale on October 23, 2017, 05:02:33 AM
How about adding a mental state for pawns to panic, which gives +10% move, but they can't run&gun. On fleeing, pawns might get it, in which case some pawns will shoot while others just run away as fast as possible. Maybe make this optional as well, or with optional percentage chance for each pawn with slider from 0 to 100%.

Allowing the user to set a percentage that determines the change enemy pawns return fire while feeing is a very good idea, and won't be hard to implement, so I'll definitely give that a shot. Adding a mental 'panic' state with a movement benefit is also a nice to have, but I don't want to change the base game too much. I think the power of this mod is that it's simple as it is: users know exactly what they get with it, and they get nothing else but that.

Nightinggale

Quote from: Roolo on October 24, 2017, 05:40:35 AMAdding a mental 'panic' state with a movement benefit is also a nice to have, but I don't want to change the base game too much.
In that case just add a "fleeing in panic" buff with no effect. This will allow other mods to check for panic state added by this mod and then act upon it, either by xml (patching movement modifier) or C# (pawns risk dropping weapons/items). What's important here is that other mods needs a simple approach to detect if this mod views a pawn as panicking.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Roolo

Quote from: Nightinggale on October 24, 2017, 06:55:17 AM
In that case just add a "fleeing in panic" buff with no effect. This will allow other mods to check for panic state added by this mod and then act upon it, either by xml (patching movement modifier) or C# (pawns risk dropping weapons/items). What's important here is that other mods needs a simple approach to detect if this mod views a pawn as panicking.

But the thing is, fleeing in panic is just the default as implemented in the vanilla game. Fleeing with run and gun enabled is the only thing the mod adds. So if other modders want to see if pawns are fleeing (panicking), they can just look at the vanilla code. If they want to know if a pawn is fleeing while also returning fire, they can just check if the pawn is fleeing and has run and gun enabled. So I don't see how adding a mental state helps in this case, as it only introduces new things specific to my mod that other modders may have to take into account.

Roolo

I added a release that makes RunAndGun compatible with A18. Besides the A18 compatibility fixes, it is exactly the same as the latest A17 release. Note that A18 is still unstable, so please inform me when things related to my mod suddently stop working when playing A18. Also note that Hugslib is still in A17, so some errors will pop up when the game is started in development mode. However, as far as I know, these errors are not harmful.

Ceanox

Got this Problem
http://prntscr.com/h3bccb
And this
http://prntscr.com/h3bcfe
Error upon load, disables all mods
Also the mods i have.
http://prntscr.com/h3bcyu

Do with it what you will

Roolo

Quote from: Ceanox on October 28, 2017, 08:03:49 PM
Got this Problem
http://prntscr.com/h3bccb
And this
http://prntscr.com/h3bcfe
Error upon load, disables all mods
Also the mods i have.
http://prntscr.com/h3bcyu

Do with it what you will

Thanks for the report! Some questions to you: was this in alpha 18? What version of hugslib are you using and is it loaded before run and gun? Did you install the mods manually or using steam workshop?