[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimandevil

Quote from: Selonianth on December 23, 2015, 06:56:31 AM
Found an incredibly frustrating issue where my haul bots, I don't think I've seen a cleaning bot do it, just kinda seize up and twitch like they're having a seizure. If selected you can see them attempt to path every couple seconds but they just freeze and don't move again after that.
try checking the exact object it tries to carry, thats what causes the problem. try firbidding it or remove.
often happens with items ontop of equipment racks (that's why i dont use em anymore)
and its not a haul-bot exclusive issue afaik.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Grimandevil

Quote from: Haplo on December 20, 2015, 08:01:43 AM
With the new update you get the targets for ranged and for melee weapons.
With these you can make your own shooting range or dojo where your colonists go for joy, or where you can send them to improve their weapon skills.
btw,
Haplo: is there a way to reduce the delay between bursts (as it seems excessive), and if there is - where?
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Haplo

Quote from: Krutchen on December 21, 2015, 11:43:04 PM
Aaaah, Fixed it by simply having the crash landing mod after it in the load order, go figure.
Yes, with that you get the crash landing parts, but most likely not the blueprints from miscellaneous.
After the holidays I'll take a look if I can't provide a compatible mapgen.

Quote from: Grimandevil on December 23, 2015, 02:06:21 PM
is there a way to reduce the delay between bursts (as it seems excessive), and if there is - where?
Unfortunately no. It is hard-coded, but I'll look into it after Christmas.

Sens

Thank you very much for hauler and cleaner bots, cant play without them anymore ever since. (dont want to be bothered with such things while playing rimworld, imo cleaning and hauling shouldnt take so much time and focus, so this bots come rly handy (even with 4 of them stuff often gets out of hand, especially if you fight tribals), also dont understand how someone is capable of only hauling a piece of clothing, while in real he could carry 5+ at once, same with cleaning, you dont clean for "weeks", stuff is easier in "real" there are tools, machines u can use to speed up cleaning anyway + you dont necessarly make everything dirty, "take of shoes, be carefull etc...)

Traders are super cool too, use to come around every day or two, but i keep getting the bulk trader mostly here.
Wish we could sell everything to any type of traders in core rimworld. (doesnt make sense why they would only take the goods they sell, in "real" they would probably take everything except the goods they sell :) )

Mai seems super cheap for what it offers (a flawless colonist who never gets a mood loss, havent tried the unenchanced version yet since the ai chip is super easy to come around (psychic ships seem frequent enough) only used it once and prolly never again (makes it too easy (like cheating) 500 metal 350 silver is nothing for what you get, thats around price of hauler bot, minus the equipment necessary to create it)

Have trouble with getting all kinds of junk inside my nano deposit as soon as it is placed (but isnt such a big deal) - wish they would come with the "clear all" instead "allow all". Use it in medlab and kitchen only :)

Tried the replicator but find it "useless", replicated my exceptional power armor for 5400 or so metal but got a normal power armor out so never used it again. (dont want to dupe stuff anyway)

I only see an archery range under joy department, not sure what im doing wrong here, is very cool thing thou, always have one placed.

The Quick response buttons are fck... awesome, call all colonist to defend with a press of button, perfect.

The rumors and anomaly doesnt seem anything special, is an addition (expected to go check some randomly generated dungeon and was very dissapointed hehe), often think of not even sending colonists there, the artefacts are kinda same, got an overload once: like 10 neurotrainers, seemed too much goodies hehe.

all in all very cool addition, would rather see something like "Mai" take alot more time and trouble to get, like setting her up part by part, data processing, movement, hearing, etc... which you salvage from mechs.

Shabazza

I've built a nano AI assembler and I have enough silver and steel in stock.
The stock is set to "Preferred" and not to "critical".
But my LVL 10 crafter is not filling the station with resources.
He has crafting set to prio 1.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. It worked after adding uranium to the stock. But don't know why...

Haplo

Update:
General Bubbles made me aware, that sometimes the incidents (Rumor of ....) doesn't return the sent pawns.
I've updated the code handling a bit to hopefully prevent this phenomena.
Additionally I've added a patch for those who like to play with Crash Landing, but who won't miss out on the Miscellaneous MapGenerator. Just load the patch AFTER Miscellaneous and Crash Landing.

Krutchen

Heyo, Do the turret bases work with Combat Realism? I was noticing a bit ago that when I mounted a Rimfire + CR Machinegun to a turret base, it just flat out wouldn't fire.

Haplo

I'm not sure. I've never tried it.
The weapon base uses the vanilla verbs to get the fire rate, damage, ...
Combat Realism uses some own stuff, but I'm not sure how and if they interfere.
So.. I don't know right now, sorry.

Krutchen

I'll uh, throw together a test colony and see if i can get any of the rimfire + CR things to work, and see what I can find out. Because damnit, I want light machinegun emplacements :(

TLHeart

Quote from: Haplo on January 10, 2016, 03:52:54 AM
Update:
General Bubbles made me aware, that sometimes the incidents (Rumor of ....) doesn't return the sent pawns.
Additionally I've added a patch for those who like to play with Crash Landing, but who won't miss out on the Miscellaneous MapGenerator. Just load the patch AFTER Miscellaneous and Crash Landing.

I always took that as a risk of sending colonist off on an adventure. That they may get killed, lost, and not return.

Haplo

Yes, and that may be added later on  ;D
But then it should spawn a message that you haven't heard from them and that they are M. I. A.

Grimandevil

Quote from: Haplo on January 10, 2016, 03:52:54 AM
Update:
I think it only happens when u load a saved game with colonists out on the mission. After few times encountering that, i stopped loading such saves and never had that problem again.

Quote from: Haplo on January 10, 2016, 04:22:27 AM
The weapon base uses the vanilla verbs to get the fire rate, damage, ...
Combat Realism uses some own stuff, but I'm not sure how and if they interfere.
So.. I don't know right now, sorry.
From my experience it feels like the emplaced gun fires out its normal ammo untill its reload have to occure, then never fires again.

Haplo

Yes, the reload may be the main problem.
As the vanilla game doesn't do any reload, I never looked into it.
Where does the reload come from btw? I think I need to figure out a way to disable that for my automatic stuff..

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Haplo on January 11, 2016, 03:07:14 AM
Yes, the reload may be the main problem.
As the vanilla game doesn't do any reload, I never looked into it.
Where does the reload come from btw? I think I need to figure out a way to disable that for my automatic stuff..

Combat Realism most likely, it changes vanilla heavily.

exodus1028

Ok, since i dont get a reply in the PrepareCarefully - thread, i'm gonna ask here

i understand that the haulerbots are exclusive to traders by design

but what if i want them to be selectable in preparecarefully?
is there a tag i have to add/modify in the def?

thank you for both the work & the answer :)