[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorFowl

What happens when she is not damaged (with bruises, cuts, etc) anymore? Can I attach those regeneration thingies to normal beds and work? If not, how can I make the MAI rest on the medical bed to get the regen?

Haplo

Attach it to her recharge station. That is the only place where it will work. Regardless of the configuration. And if there isn't anything lost then it isn't needed.

DoctorFowl

Quote from: Haplo on October 20, 2017, 12:31:26 AM
Attach it to her recharge station. That is the only place where it will work. Regardless of the configuration. And if there isn't anything lost then it isn't needed.
Just like that, it worked!!!
Thanks my good sir!

sophiasong

I've seen this issue with the Bees and Honey mod posted a couple of times on the last page. Apologies if it was already addressed.

Visitors to colonies with the Hospitality mod loaded will eat the colony's honey. I'm fairly sure trade caravan pawns and pawns who are just passing by won't eat the honey.

I've tried comparing the thing def xml for honey with the vanilla food items, which visitors leave alone, but I haven't gotten anywhere.

Haplo

Yes, I know of this issue but haven't found a reason for it, so didn't do anything.
Hopefully in A18 it can be fixed, but that will take a while as I'm currently working on finishing the german translation first.

bullet

Hi Haplo, it's possible to do when bots doesn't have target to work they go back to charge stations?

Tenshi~Akari

Not sure if this has been asked or addressed before (thread has a lot to go through & search results haven't really turned up anything on this...), but when Misc. MAI is used with Dub's Bad Hygiene mod, are the MAI's supposed to have Bladder/Hygiene needs as well or no? It's been awhile since I've been able to use this mod, and I'm seeing MAIs I've just activated with both of those needs. I'm wondering if it's a mod order thing or if this is something normal that others are seeing as well when they use the two together?

EDIT: Derp, nevermind, I see what's going on now with it. I swore for a second though it looked like it was moving, but like the other needs that most non-living things do not require, it stays stagnant.

lperkins2

Quote from: bullet on October 25, 2017, 07:18:44 AM
Hi Haplo, it's possible to do when bots doesn't have target to work they go back to charge stations?

I'd like to see this too.  When they run out of things to do, they start thrashing the CPU pretty hard.  A way to have them just go home and shut down for a configurable length of time would be neat. 

It looks like the place to do it is in TryGiveJob, in X2_JobGiver_Work.cs, if it gets to the end and hasn't found a job.  But I'm not sure how to tell the robot to go home.

Quote from: CrazyGamer313 on October 13, 2017, 08:58:14 AM
Coud you make an patch for the gun plattforms for combat extended to use the guns with ammo?

They do work, but you have to pull the guns out to reload them.  It's worth it, if you use high capacity guns, or incendiary launchers, and tell them to hold fire until there is something actually important.

Topper

CannibarRechter

I tried to recompile from source myself, and unless I am misreading, I believe that this is not simply an issue of recompiling; Haplo has some modifications he's going to need to perform at the source code level, I think. That may take a bit of time...
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Haplo

The updates are never as easy as an recompile unfortunately.
Various functions need to be figured out how they are changed and how they are working now.
Once all the internal stuff is done then you also have to check all your xml files for changes there too..
An update is always a really time consuming thing..

I'm working on it, but it will take a bit of time as I only have limited time-slots to work on it.

Topper

no worries! Thanks for the response. Are you the original Haplo or one of that person's decedents ?

Haplo

I've updated part of the Miscellaneous mods and also added a GitHub for it.
Sorry for the delay..  :-[

Partial update to B18 is online

Jimbob_

Trying to download "misc training facility" and my malware program keeps flagging the download site, i can download the others just fine.

Haplo

They are all the same.. MediaFire.. Strange..
But you can also download it from GitHub.. Only there you'll get the not-finished A17 mods also..