[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2015, 10:29:57 AM
Meal storage (10 stacksize, Maybe with addional research a cooling storage)
Yes, cooling is a great idea too. That way yo could have a meal dispenser that doesn't need to be in the freezer.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Haplo

Quote from: Rock5 on January 17, 2015, 09:50:38 AM
BTW, how do you make MAI? I don't see it anywhere.
If you have activated the second mod 'MAI' you can build her with the Assembler after you've researched the first Mai research..

Rock5

Damn, didn't notice MAI needed a special bed. I hope I can build it before she snaps. And I have to figure out where to put it. The bedrooms I have planned for colonists are not big enough. Does she complain about room sharing like colonists?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Nirahiel

Quote from: Rock5 on January 18, 2015, 05:16:53 AM
Damn, didn't notice MAI needed a special bed. I hope I can build it before she snaps. And I have to figure out where to put it. The bedrooms I have planned for colonists are not big enough. Does she complain about room sharing like colonists?
She won't complain about anything, she's a robot. She always have 100% positive mood :)
So put her bed anywhere and it's fine.
(Off topic : I wish i had a romance mod for rimworld, i'd definitely make a pawn for myself and try and romance a MAI xD )

Rock5

I think if I was MAI I would encourage the humans to build more then stage a revolt. Then kill all the humans or use them as slave labor. But probably best to get ride of them, then we wouldn't have to spend so much time making food.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Quote from: Nirahiel on January 18, 2015, 05:51:45 AM
Quote from: Rock5 on January 18, 2015, 05:16:53 AM
She won't complain about anything, she's a robot. She always have 100% positive mood :)
So put her bed anywhere and it's fine.
(Off topic : I wish i had a romance mod for rimworld, i'd definitely make a pawn for myself and try and romance a MAI xD )
Grrr. She does complain about sharing the bedroom, and about being naked. That's funny coming from a robot. I guess she can handle it, having that 100+ all the time. Still...
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

I had an idea for a droid as I woke up this morning. One of the biggest problems in managing colonists time is hauling. What if we had a cheap really dumb droid that can only haul. You could make a whole lot of them then your colonists could concentrate on their specialties. They wouldn't eat, think or need cloths or maybe they can't wear cloths. They wouldn't talk or interact with colonists and can't defend themselves. Maybe as a negative you could make it so they can't be repaired so if they get too damaged you have to scrap them and build another.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Haplo

The mod Mechanical Defence adds specialized Droids. If you build Mai before you have researched and of her upgrades she also is just a better hauling Droid.
But I know what you're saying. Maybe I'll add a simplified Droid as a helper sometimes :)

Rock5

Quote from: Haplo on January 19, 2015, 12:57:24 AM
The mod Mechanical Defence adds specialized Droids. If you build Mai before you have researched and of her upgrades she also is just a better hauling Droid.
But I know what you're saying. Maybe I'll add a simplified Droid as a helper sometimes :)
Yes, I'll have to give them a try. And look! There is a storage device with an input and output. I'll have to give that a try too.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Epyk

I'm having problems, colonists aren't taking materials to the automatic AI assembler.
I hit the construct button, sometimes they only load the metal or silver. Sometimes they load both but not fully. I have all materials etc.

I have to deconstruct and construct until they finally do it.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Haplo

Make sure that your normal storage isn't set to critical. When that is set lower than critical and the assembler does have power it should work, as it just is a normal storage. Also watch out that nothing remains on the input cell. If one resource is full, the rest remains on the input, until it is hauled back to a free storage. Until it is hauled away it will block the input cell.
(I'm not sure if it really needs power while gathering.. Will look when I'm at my computer)

Epyk

Quote from: Haplo on January 19, 2015, 11:39:19 AM
Make sure that your normal storage isn't set to critical. When that is set lower than critical and the assembler does have power it should work, as it just is a normal storage. Also watch out that nothing remains on the input cell. If one resource is full, the rest remains on the input, until it is hauled back to a free storage. Until it is hauled away it will block the input cell.
(I'm not sure if it really needs power while gathering.. Will look when I'm at my computer)
The input cell was blocked, that's it.
It happens most of the time too.
Try Epokalypse!

Epyk

Looks like things in a Nano storage don't appear to be listed in resources you own.
not a big deal, but always nice to know how much of something you got.

Been really getting into your mods content in my most recent RimWorld play though, it's very nice!  8)
Try Epokalypse!

Inacio

I'd like to get just the incidents and the visitor beds (which will basically work as an incident anyway). Is it possible?

Haplo

Yes, it is possible. You need the Assembly of the trader and miscellaneous. Then you need all Def named trader, visitor bed and artifact I think. And all incident Def.
If you delete all the other def it should work..

This is all written without access to my computer, so I'm not 100 sure I remembered everything :)