[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeni

I made a new world aswell but still no zombies showing up hmm

Vonholtz

Quote from: Zeni on March 11, 2015, 07:45:38 AM
I made a new world aswell but still no zombies showing up hmm
Are you getting with in the first day a note on the right side of the screen the zombie virus is active?

You might also if your not using it get EdB mod order mod. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7454.0 It can help you move it around in the mod list if your running with more then one mod. Some mods cross each other up and the one first put in will take over. I for one am not to good with the mods my self but I have had no trouble using the zombie mod.

Tericc

Im curious about what u guys do in the mid late game with the zombies?
Back in alpha 7 I had hordes( i mean the shambling mass that could be felt before it was seen or heard kind of horde.)

And it wasnt one now and then it was a lot of them.

My question is.. what do u do with all those bodies??
I had such a hard time getting rid of the bodies before the next horde arrives..

Vonholtz

Quote from: Tericc on March 11, 2015, 03:44:00 PM
Back in alpha 7 I had hordes( i mean the shambling mass that could be felt before it was seen or heard kind of horde.)

I had such a hard time getting rid of the bodies before the next horde arrives..

Other Mod's....... I have one mod that has a crematorium droids https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7380.0 . I send it out and it auto burns the body's. It will strip them to or I can turn that off and just burn them down. I also have two mods with turrets in them. One of the turrets has rounds that set them on fire https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6895.0 . I have a kill box set up to let them burn with no damage to any of my stuff. So yes I use other mods to get rid of the zombies body's. But after all if I am going to run one mod like the zombie mod there no reason not to run 48 other mods as well. :D

BTW I would find some way to get rid of them with the vanilla game as well but yes it much harder. Maybe molotov cocktail aimed at the ground(if they can do that). Or build 2 or 3 crematorium right near your killing zone(under a roof). It just take a bit of thought and things you did not think about can be used to do the job.

Justin C

Quote from: Tericc on March 11, 2015, 03:44:00 PM

You shouldn't be getting the kind of hordes you saw in Alpha 7 now, even in the late game. A crematorium or two should be enough to manage the bodies.

Vonholtz

Had a odd thing happen last night. I started a new colony last night. I am running about 40 mods this being one. I am 11 day in to the new colony and the virus said active on the right side of my screen. It not air born yet and I have had no zombie raids as of yet. But some of the factions that are allies to me hate each other. they have had some fights near and around my colony. One of them turned in to a zombie and attacked. I got him in time. Now how did he become a zombie with out it being air born or any zombies at all showing up on my new map.

Could they have come to the map with the zombie virus? Or was it because my last game it was air born. So the game still thinks it is even if it was a new game?

Justin C

Quote from: Vonholtz on March 14, 2015, 04:22:44 AM
Had a odd thing happen last night. I started a new colony last night. I am running about 40 mods this being one. I am 11 day in to the new colony and the virus said active on the right side of my screen. It not air born yet and I have had no zombie raids as of yet. But some of the factions that are allies to me hate each other. they have had some fights near and around my colony. One of them turned in to a zombie and attacked. I got him in time. Now how did he become a zombie with out it being air born or any zombies at all showing up on my new map.

Could they have come to the map with the zombie virus? Or was it because my last game it was air born. So the game still thinks it is even if it was a new game?
There is a very small chance of an enemy or traveler being infected when they spawn on the map. The chance of it happening depends on the difficulty setting.

Vonholtz

Quote from: Justin C on March 14, 2015, 04:24:18 AM
Quote from: Vonholtz on March 14, 2015, 04:22:44 AM

There is a very small chance of an enemy or traveler being infected when they spawn on the map. The chance of it happening depends on the difficulty setting.
Ah ok if it part of the mod that's good to know. And that just make me like the mod even more because it keep me on my toes never knowing who might turn. Thank you  ;D

kngsnghun

hey guys i tried the zombie mod, but it seems like it's not working very well for me.

the zombies are hostile to other factions, but only my colony won't see them as enemy.

i think it's because i'm using it with prison management and combat realism(which edit humans to be more squishy to bullets).

i could actually put zombies in my prison and force feed potatoes lol

anyway, i tried removing the mod, and it gave me a colorful screen of death. is there anyway to clean up zombie mod?

from my save file? i put way too much effort to my current colony, and i dont want to start a new one right now.

if it is impossible, is there any way to make zombies as hostile faction to my colony?

apljee

Quote from: kngsnghun on March 14, 2015, 12:32:20 PM
hey guys i tried the zombie mod, but it seems like it's not working very well for me.

the zombies are hostile to other factions, but only my colony won't see them as enemy.

i think it's because i'm using it with prison management and combat realism(which edit humans to be more squishy to bullets).

anyway, i tried removing the mod, and it gave me a colorful screen of death. is there anyway to clean up zombie mod?

from my save file? i put way too much effort to my current colony, and i dont want to start a new one right now.

if it is impossible, is there any way to make zombies as hostile faction to my colony?

As far as I know, Zombies aren't a faction, they just appear because of random events. Either way, I don't know whaht your issue is, it seems like the zombies arent being aggresive towards your colonists?

kngsnghun

Quote from: apljee on March 14, 2015, 01:02:28 PM

As far as I know, Zombies aren't a faction, they just appear because of random events. Either way, I don't know whaht your issue is, it seems like the zombies arent being aggresive towards your colonists?

yes that is the problem. my colonists are just standing around until zombies destory my turrets and bite them...

Justin C

I think you might have to edit the world file for that. Let me know if the zombie faction is actually friendly towards you, because I still haven't been able to recreate that bug.

silentlord

i wish i had the friendly zombies bug! lol

they only thing i hate, is the fact that every melee encounter with a zombie with my pawns, results in an infection in the torso or neck... aka death! *sigh*

meanwhile im watching npc bands smack the hell out of zombies and never get an infection at all.

but friendly zombies! i so want friendly zombies..... unless my pawns are wearing power armour, they don't go out the base in a zombie raid.

Justin C

Quote from: silentlord on March 14, 2015, 08:02:47 PM
i wish i had the friendly zombies bug! lol

they only thing i hate, is the fact that every melee encounter with a zombie with my pawns, results in an infection in the torso or neck... aka death! *sigh*

meanwhile im watching npc bands smack the hell out of zombies and never get an infection at all.

but friendly zombies! i so want friendly zombies..... unless my pawns are wearing power armour, they don't go out the base in a zombie raid.
Zombies don't care if their faction is friendly with you. They will eat you anyway. :P

Some tips for Melee fighting Zombies:
- A high Melee skill will reduce the chances of your colonists getting infected by quite a bit.
- Stabbing and Cutting weapons have a chance of one-shotting Zombies, and the higher your Colonists' Melee skill, the higher that chance is.

silentlord

does personal shields and power-armour have any effects/benefits as apposed to zombie protection. lol

had a brilliant couple hours last night. playing on serious challenge  with randy. got a massive wave, must be atleast 30-40... exact same time i get a tribesman spawn of low-techers. they both reach my base together and both are about equal in numbers... epic fight for which i almost died. i probably would have if the two factions didnt fight each other as well as me.