[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on December 16, 2017, 10:01:03 AMAnd when you removed them too ?

You can't. Not completely.

Disallowing mechanoids only "mostly" removes them from the game. You won't have to deal with falling ship parts spawning mechanoids on your maps. But you can still find them in ancient danger chambers or sleeping next to quest objectives.

And you won't have to deal with raids from mechanoids... UNLESS there's nobody else available to raid you.  ;)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

As if I needed a reason to encourage my tribal neighbours to stay on the warpath
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

QuickSave

I overdid it a little bit, but really awesome mod!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

dburgdorf

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

At last you can call enough caravan's each day for your trade needs ! :-)

SpaceDorf

And travel times are a breeze as well.

How long did it take to create this world ?

QuickSave

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 17, 2017, 12:24:30 PM
How long did it take to create this world ?

Let's just say my beard managed to grow while it was generating. It was even worse when I tried to group them territorially. That generation was going for about 10 minutes and I simply got tired of waiting and cancel it out.

Be careful about what numbers you're setting (I am actually using the value BELOW medium (low, I think it's called) for my own generation and it works like a charm). It isn't only about increasing the density but also about making it a more even and populated world, which is imo the real charm of this mod.

Canute

New Scenario:
Sherazade's dream
Extinguish 1001 outpost ! :-)

wwWraith

and the challenge begins with finding a place to settle at first...
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

dburgdorf

Faction Control has been updated:

- There should no longer be any chance of faction bases being stacked on top of each other on tile 0 (at the very middle of the world map).

- If you choose to group faction bases geographically, pirate factions will now be more diffuse, with bases overlapping territory otherwise held by the more "nationalistic" factions, since pirate factions are less interested in holding territory than in raiding it.

- The mod now works with the "Mod Sync Ninja" updater.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Umbreon117

Quote from: QuickSave on December 16, 2017, 02:58:21 PM
I overdid it a little bit, but really awesome mod!

WHAT did you DO, and WHY!?! O.O

I DIDN'T KNOW THE GAME COULD HANDLE THAT MANY FACTIONS!
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Umbreon117 on December 17, 2017, 11:37:09 PMI DIDN'T KNOW THE GAME COULD HANDLE THAT MANY FACTIONS!

The game can handle them. But his computer, on the other hand....

Sadly, it went up in flames only a few minutes after that screenshot was taken, but not before its excessive power consumption caused blackouts in several adjacent neighborhoods.

Despite the valiant resuscitation efforts of first responders, his CPU was declared DOA when it reached the repair shop.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

I propose a minute of silence for the fallen.

It changed the face of Rimworld forever.

==== EDIT ====

thats 180.000.000.000 processor cycles at 3GHz

Canute

Just be lucky the CPU didn't explode in a mini-nuke ! :-)

QuickSave

Haha, yeah running this was a struggle. Mostly for my RAM though, I legit hit the 16Gb limit in an instant, but CPU seems to be handling it quite easily!

Rain, I wanted to say I really like the new idea about the raiders spawning all over the place regardless of the Geographical setting. This is a great idea and makes lots more sense to me, so I wanted to ask if it is possible to make it work like this for more factions?

I play with a whole bunch of them and among them, from the top of my head, Trading Economy and Tribal Raiders both add factions that work significantly better when they are spread all over the planet, as opposed to being bunched up territorially. In Trading Economy there are around 5 factions each peddling different goods, so it makes lots of sense from the gameplay and lore of the mod to have them set up their outposts all over the place and it also works much better from the balancing perspective, because otherwise I am forced to migrate or downright drop on top of a bunch of Armament selling outposts and I'm golden, especially as a Tribal. The Tribal Raiders works much the same as the normal Raiders, just with sticks/stones, making the game more fun in that regard.

So my question/suggestion is this: is it possible to make them work like that or even give the player the opportunity to customize it? Would be really cool, imo.

The other thing I wanted to drop is a bug report. I'm not sure what information would be helpful here, but I did not change much from the last screenshot and here is my result on Low, Medium and Maximum density setting generation. All 30+ factions seem to have spawned correctly but they only have one base...  :o

Generation seed was: Well, actually

Thanks a ton for your work, love it. If I had to disable all 110 mods right now, yours would be in the 10 I'd keep running! :D

Edit: I am not 100% certain, but it's possible that the bug I am showing you happens when the number of factions is unreasonably large. As in above 30. The game generation kind of breaks and just places one base per faction instead. I just reduced the number of factions to a bare minimum (1-2 per listing) and the world generation successfully completed.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]