[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I realy dislike the term technomancer and the description.
That don't realy fit with the other classes.
He use nanites which are some kind of ultra high tech, which are basicly one of the deadlies technology beside fission/fusion/AAM bombs.
Think at the movie from 2008 The Day the Earth Stood Still.
Yes Magic is just another kind of technology we didn't understood yes but technomancer is different.

I think he should use spites, like the Geomancer with his earthen spites, his spites can infuse weapons and armor and turn them into living weapons/armor or possessed ones.

Jan2607

This new class sounds really awesome! Can't wait to try it out :)

Torann, I have a suggestion about the Power Node spell: Could you make it like the sunlight spell, so that the powernode needs mana to maintain it? As it is now there is no really use for it, because it disappears after a few days and you always forget about it.

Canute

I want request the same for the heat/cold source ! :-)

Jan2607

FindorKotor93

Heya, can I just say I love your mod, especially the new technomancer. Do you have a list of which mods androids are compatible with the technomancers features?

Torann

Quote from: Gungnier on November 03, 2018, 08:05:15 AM
Just some question:
Both Overdrive and Sabotage mentions "Robots,Androids,Mechanoids" Sabotage mentions "Loss of ability to determine friend from foe" is that a temporary thing or you basically can tame mechanoids with it rarely?
Right now it will recognize tiered androids, androids by ChJees, and the core mechanoids (or anything with a mechanoid flesh type).  If there are additional mods out there that people feel should be included in this category, please let me know and I can add them.
"Loss of ability to determine friend from foe" works very similar to berserk status and is not permanent.  However... for turrets this can be permanent but it will remain hostile to the player as well.

QuoteThe trait itself: Looks fair bad at everything social and animal, just like me. The only thing i don't like is the Immunity gain speed reduction
Thanks for the feedback on the immunity adjustments.  It's not meant to be a death sentence, only that they should need better care and more bed rest when afflicted with a biological weakness.

QuoteEngineer Weapon:
There are some weapons that tend to work better for engineering.  The minigun, for example, gets a nice boost to accuracy, burst count, damage, etc.  The sniper rifle, on the other hand, will shoot faster and hit harder, but won't necessarily benefit from the accuracy or burst count.
The same applies for elemental shot.  Each round that exits the barrel has a chance to be converted into an elemental projectile, so at max skill you would have a 35% chance that the round fired would turn into an elemental round.  These are STATIC projectiles and don't inherit from the weapon's projectile so they have their own base damage.  A Sniper rifle default bullet might have more damage than an ice bullet (though you will always get the bonus from the weapon damage multiplier).  On the other hand, a pistol would get a boost to both damage and benefit from the elemental effect.  Going back to the minigun, while it drains mana pretty quickly when using elemental shot, it's also extremely devastating when a third of the shots are both stronger and have additional effects.

The combination of these two skills with the right weapon far exceeds the techno-bit, and remains mobile unlike the mark-IV.

Single-use weapons like the doomsday rocket or triple rocket can't be copied.  During playtesting this was just too strong so I removed these types of weapons as a valid item to modify.

QuoteMark-IV turret: It would be really nice to see the current stats of the turret somewhere
Click on the turret after it's created, it should give you all the stats there.

QuoteTechno-Bit:
The techno-bit is supposed to be versatile, I think it's best feature is repair since it can repair mechanoids or androids along with buildings, but I don't think the grenades are on the same level as the turret or weapon.

QuoteOrbital Strike: A pretty straight up ultimate I just feel like it should be castable without line of sight.
This is modeled after starcraft ghost ability, so LoS is required to 'paint' the target.  Besides, unlike other 'master' spells, AI can spawn with this ability and it would be frustrating to have one nuking your base the entire time they're working their way around the mountain.

Torann

Quote from: wrathofdog on November 03, 2018, 01:53:49 AM
I took a stab at it.  It may be crap. 

edit:  this is obviously just a front view.  I'm not sure what all is needed for a Rimworld graphic tbh.
I like it! Can you add the side view and back view?

Sleeeper

Hmm can't see new 2.2.6.0 link on moddb.

Torann

Quote from: Sleeeper on November 03, 2018, 04:45:54 PM
Hmm can't see new 2.2.6.0 link on moddb.
Looks like I completely missed uploading it to modDB.
v2.2.6.1 is uploaded and adds a few small things:

• Purify can be autocast
  • Arcane coolers, heaters, and power nodes were changed to sustained abilities
  • Faceless ability "possess" can be resisted by pawns with above average levels of consciousness and/or psychic sensitivity

Quote from: FindorKotor93 on November 03, 2018, 11:23:00 AM
Do you have a list of which mods androids are compatible with the technomancers features?
Currently it identifies any Core mechanoid, Androids from Tiered Androids, and Androids by ChJees

wrathofdog

Quote from: Torann on November 03, 2018, 04:12:36 PM

I like it! Can you add the side view and back view?

Yeah, absolutely. 

Jan2607

Gungnier

Could you please add an option to turn off the XY pawn gained a level notification on the top left (the best would be if you would also have an option to only not show if i can't allocate more points). I have a super long running colony with over 20 pawns and its pretty bad i can't click trough the message so i can't really access my left most pawns a lot of time i have to wait for it. It would be really nice too if the "mentor spells" wouldnt target pawns which is way above their own level. I still want them to mentor newly recruited pawns but i dont want everybody to start mentoring the ones which over like 150 level.

Thanks for the autocast fix its really nice they dont move anymore.

And as a quick note i started a new colony to testrun the new technomancer and currently i only have a turret guy and a techno-bit girl but because the autocast the techno levels about 20% faster. But i think maybe the turret one could get a little extra passive xp that 45 points skill compared to the classic 9 makes them gain power a little slower.

just as comparison: druid level 6 (no autocasts, 4 poison cast total) , techno-bit level 8 (with autocast) , turret guys level level 5 (no autocast 2 casts total) , arcane mage level 11 (blink auto cast)

The overdrive could get a some nice "level up" upgrades too like on overclock level 2 it could allow to overclock Heaters/coolers for better performance (the effect would stay for like 3 days but it would damage it by like 20% like every 6 hours) , on level 3 allow to overclock mortars for faster and more precise firing but it would need repair like other overclocked stuff.

Sabotage could include mortars too in some way.

I have an idea for technomancer only spells/research too:

General use Drone (G.U.D) : A drone which is similar to the summoner haulers demons but only a single one which (like a single permanent minion) which can haul and clean and needs an upkeep mana.

Power Tool Cabinet: A research like the portals which enables the building of power tool cabinets which is the same as the tool cabinets but higher range, only allow a single one, uses power, but gives a bonus 20% crafting speed

I personally wouldnt mind having the spawn rate of the tecnomacer little higher compared to other classes cuz its basically 3 class in one, or have a new trait which is something like Tech Savvy which is like the magically gifted but only for the technomancer class and they could be turned into technomancers by books or by already having a technomancer and promoting them.

#edit i found a bug too my techno bit looks like tries to repair my animal sleeping spot/crafting spot all the time.

dldotjpeg

Necromancer seems a bit broken/buggy.

raised mages can cast magic indefinitely and with no cool down.

Also having 2 or more undead causes mana to deplete slowly, I thought this might be intentional but the spell description makes it seem like a bug.

Torann

Quote from: dldotjpeg on November 04, 2018, 11:45:43 AM

Also having 2 or more undead causes mana to deplete slowly, I thought this might be intentional but the spell description makes it seem like a bug.
v2.2.6.2 fixes the abilities for mages/fighters raised as undead
Also fixes a bug where nano stimulant withdrawal wasn't wearing off

As for mana draining after casting raise undead, this is a combination of arcane weakness which is applied when casting spells consuming 25% mana or more coupled with the maintenance cost to support undead.  Your necro will go back to gaining mana after arcane weakness wears off.

dldotjpeg

Quote from: Torann on November 04, 2018, 01:34:26 PM
Quote from: dldotjpeg on November 04, 2018, 11:45:43 AM

v2.2.6.2 fixes the abilities for mages/fighters raised as undead
Also fixes a bug where nano stimulant withdrawal wasn't wearing off

As for mana draining after casting raise undead, this is a combination of arcane weakness which is applied when casting spells consuming 25% mana or more coupled with the maintenance cost to support undead.  Your necro will go back to gaining mana after arcane weakness wears off.

You are truly marvelous. I'm on 2.2.6.2 now, love the mod btw. I hope it continues to flourish.